USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am getting a lot of trophies in my alerts lately. I got one for my birthday and now for a 6 month and 1 year anniversary. I wonder how I pulled off getting both of those at the same time, particularly since I've been here for years now? :lol:
I edited my profile for the first time since the board software upgrade. Then the same thing happened to me.
None of the trophy's included booze though, so I am sad.

I got a cookie. :D

Hasn't shown up yet though. :crybaby:

I am getting a lot of trophies in my alerts lately. I got one for my birthday and now for a 6 month and 1 year anniversary. I wonder how I pulled off getting both of those at the same time, particularly since I've been here for years now? :lol:
I edited my profile for the first time since the board software upgrade. Then the same thing happened to me.

Sherry and AquaAthena drank it all. :lol:

I resemble that remark.:wine:

Today one of the guys at work told me that he turned in his notice. He turned it in today. After his boss, I was the next person he told.
He's a flaming liberal and I'm a flaming conservative. Despite that, we've developed a good relationship over the past few years.
He's the same age as one of my daughter's. We're both socially/politically incorrect when dealing with each other. He calls me "Pappy", "old dude", "gramps" and other unacceptable names referencing my older age. I call him "junior", "kiddo", "son" and other unacceptable names referencing his younger age.
He's one of the best coworkers I've ever had the pleasure of mentoring in my working history. I'm going to miss him.

Today one of the guys at work told me that he turned in his notice. He turned it in today. After his boss, I was the next person he told.
He's a flaming liberal and I'm a flaming conservative. Despite that, we've developed a good relationship over the past few years.
He's the same age as one of my daughter's. We're both socially/politically incorrect when dealing with each other. He calls me "Pappy", "old dude", "gramps" and other unacceptable names referencing my older age. I call him "junior", "kiddo", "son" and other unacceptable names referencing his younger age.
He's one of the best coworkers I've ever had the pleasure of mentoring in my working history. I'm going to miss him.

You still put a, "kick me" sign on his back though right? ;)

I resemble that remark.:wine:

All of a sudden Sherry makes a lot more sense...

Oh, and a warm Coffee Shop welcome to Rotagilla who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Pull up a chair and join right in.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

Hot-Chocolate-hot-chocolate-33179318-1280-1176.jpg

I couldn't see the picture until I hit the "more options" button to reply. Then this luscious cup of cocoa appeared.....why can't you make enough for all of us?

Oh, and a warm Coffee Shop welcome to Rotagilla who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Pull up a chair and join right in.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

Hot-Chocolate-hot-chocolate-33179318-1280-1176.jpg

I couldn't see the picture until I hit the "more options" button to reply. Then this luscious cup of cocoa appeared.....why can't you make enough for all of us?

Barkeep!..cocoa for all my friends!

You still put a, "kick me" sign on his back though right? ;)
I'm waiting for him to leave his computer unlocked so that "he can send" an email to his boss expressing his passion and undying love for her, begging her to leave her husband and children and joining him in sinful pleasures of the flesh. Also, that he got a flat tire on the way to work, can she change it for him because he doesn't want to break a fingernail.

I sometimes listen to Aljazeera news, because it often has news items the other channels do not. One thing it said was that it recently rained in California. I was wondering if it has rained since, as I know there is a terrible drought there.

Well howdy Dajjal, hadn't seen you around in quite a while......did I miss your posts or have you been gone? Good to see you!

I was in California early September and it didn't rain in the area where I was - Santa Monica and LA, but we ran into a terrible rain storm in Phoenix, and some parts of California close to Arizona. There was so much rain that parts of Ariz were closed off to traffic. IH 10 was closed off, fortunately we were already on the other side of the area that was flooded so we were able to continue on to Ca without a problem.

Its great that despite your political differences, you can still maintain such a close friendship. He's on to bigger and better things. I hope you keep in touch.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz) and Hossfly,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki as well as many other of our special friends who have been MIA lately.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

This cough is driving me insane. I can't seem to shift it, and its annoying because I can't get anything to help it along, I just have to wait it out.

A friend of mine, whom I have never met, but we have become firm friends online, is coming to my city on Sunday and is visiting the archery club. I may go along, and learn how to fire an arrow like Jennifer Lawrence in the Hunger Games! :)

Good morning. Dropped my wife off at work (I will be glad when the consulting project is over), got my flu shot at VA, and I want to say to all of you thank you for supporting veterans. It means an awful lot to all of us, I assure you.

Good morning, Coffee Shop. 82 and partly cloudy here and a lot more humid than the last few days.
I managed to finish in the money in the first tournament last night. I've been on a hell of a run. I've placed in 14 of the last 16 games and done real well in a few cash games. Not getting rich, but I'll take $700 extra bucks.

This cough is driving me insane. I can't seem to shift it, and its annoying because I can't get anything to help it along, I just have to wait it out.

A friend of mine, whom I have never met, but we have become firm friends online, is coming to my city on Sunday and is visiting the archery club. I may go along, and learn how to fire an arrow like Jennifer Lawrence in the Hunger Games! :)

Have you tried the honey and apple cider vinegar remedy Noomi? Mix a tablespoon (or more) regional honey--that is honey from bees in your general area--and a teaspoon or two or apple cider vinegar in a cup of very hot water and sip along while you're reading or playing on the computer or whatever. After awhile have another. Sometimes it works when nothing else does.

Good morning, Coffee Shop. 82 and partly cloudy here and a lot more humid than the last few days.
I managed to finish in the money in the first tournament last night. I've been on a hell of a run. I've placed in 14 of the last 16 games and done real well in a few cash games. Not getting rich, but I'll take $700 extra bucks.

Good morning all. Looks like heavy rain moving into southern California and forecast is for possible rain in all of drought parched California and Oregon. From what I'm reading, it won't be a drought breaker, but is certainly welcome. More rain moving into Arizona and western New Mexico too. Shouldn't interfere with the Balloon Fiesta unless the winds get up. They can't launch if winds are much over 10 mph.

Forum List

Back