USMB Coffee Shop IV

This cough is driving me insane. I can't seem to shift it, and its annoying because I can't get anything to help it along, I just have to wait it out.

A friend of mine, whom I have never met, but we have become firm friends online, is coming to my city on Sunday and is visiting the archery club. I may go along, and learn how to fire an arrow like Jennifer Lawrence in the Hunger Games! :)

Have you tried the honey and apple cider vinegar remedy Noomi? Mix a tablespoon (or more) regional honey--that is honey from bees in your general area--and a teaspoon or two or apple cider vinegar in a cup of very hot water and sip along while you're reading or playing on the computer or whatever. After awhile have another. Sometimes it works when nothing else does.
I would suggest adding a little bit of ground cloves, as well.

Taking a break, warming up the yogurt again. I have to keep it between 115 and 120 for 12-24 hrs. Not as easy as one might think. Then it's back to prepping the trailer to go inside. I've gotten the garage cleared and most of the outdoor things put away. It's stayed frozen all day, at least it thawed yesterday by afternoon. The partner has my truck, brining in a load of hay. Two tons should keep us most of the winter, especially since I downsized the herd.
It's beautiful here right now, although it's cooler. Blue skies, butter-yellow sunshine. Too bad most of the color and the leaves are fallen. And the wheel of seasons turns again.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz) and Hossfly,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki as well as many other of our special friends who have been MIA lately.

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Looking over the vigil list, I'm wondering what has become of many of our friends bolded above who we have kept in our prayers. :dunno: I have abandonment issues.:(

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki as well as many other of our special friends who have been MIA lately.

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Looking over the vigil list, I'm wondering what has become of many of our friends bolded above who we have kept in our prayers. :dunno: I have abandonment issues.:(

Well, USMB isn't what it once was and, probably for economic reasons, post count seems to be valued more than post quality these days, so it is much more difficult to find and maintain quality discussions. I finally gave up and had my last thread closed and won't be starting any new ones any time soon. I think a lot of folks have just given up and gone elsewhere to find them or have found other things to do. Most especially since the new software is less user friendly than the old and it is just too frustrating for some to deal with. But there are enough folks who don't want quality discussions so that the board will remain profitable. And who knows, maybe the worm will turn again.

Meanwhile, I am grateful and cherish those who are still here, and I remain optimistic that friendship will win out over minor irritations and the troops will come wandering back in at least to the Coffee Shop. Quite a few of us are still here. But the MIAs are also noticeable. And missed by us who counted them as friends.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
As long as you and the CoffeeShop are here, I will be here.

Thank you for being you.

Last edited:
Got a email a little while back. When I was looking at homes and rentals in Albuquerque I had checked the "Make me Move" button on Zillow, not knowing what it was. The email was a Zillow offer to rent a 2230 sqft house at $800/month........ Checked and it was listed normally at $1500/month. Uummmmm........ Yeah, I'm cautious just in case it's a scam but I did email the supposed owner through the Zillow link.

This cough is driving me insane. I can't seem to shift it, and its annoying because I can't get anything to help it along, I just have to wait it out.

A friend of mine, whom I have never met, but we have become firm friends online, is coming to my city on Sunday and is visiting the archery club. I may go along, and learn how to fire an arrow like Jennifer Lawrence in the Hunger Games! :)

Keep taking the cough medicine....maybe try the gargling with salt water. I did that and it really helped me. I do believe I'm done with that cold....good riddance. This weekend we're going riding over to Big Bend with our motorcycle club. Will spend each day on a long ride, and the evenings socializing and partying....I guess that's the same thing...heh!

Good morning and a good Tuesday to all.
A little under the weather today, have been sleeping poorly and am fending off the beginning of a cold - which is bad in my profession.

Sniff.

Oh, I hope I didn't pass it on to you, Stat.....I had a bad cold last week, kept doing the gargling and even drank some of that cider vinegar with honey, and Voila! the cold is gone....sorry you caught it...:(

Good morning. Dropped my wife off at work (I will be glad when the consulting project is over), got my flu shot at VA, and I want to say to all of you thank you for supporting veterans. It means an awful lot to all of us, I assure you.

They are my #1 Charity. I contribute to them before I contribute to all the other million that send me requests......:D

Taking a break, warming up the yogurt again. I have to keep it between 115 and 120 for 12-24 hrs. Not as easy as one might think. Then it's back to prepping the trailer to go inside. I've gotten the garage cleared and most of the outdoor things put away. It's stayed frozen all day, at least it thawed yesterday by afternoon. The partner has my truck, brining in a load of hay. Two tons should keep us most of the winter, especially since I downsized the herd.
It's beautiful here right now, although it's cooler. Blue skies, butter-yellow sunshine. Too bad most of the color and the leaves are fallen. And the wheel of seasons turns again.

:ack-1: What? You're having freezing weather? Well, we had a lovely 93 degree day, today....and I still was able to work outside in my garden, and I have to wear long sleeves cause I'm allergic to the sun....bummmer, it was hot!

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,

Well, USMB isn't what it once was and, probably for economic reasons, post count seems to be valued more than post quality these days, so it is much more difficult to find and maintain quality discussions. I finally gave up and had my last thread closed and won't be starting any new ones any time soon. I think a lot of folks have just given up and gone elsewhere to find them or have found other things to do. Most especially since the new software is less user friendly than the old and it is just too frustrating for some to deal with. But there are enough folks who don't want quality discussions so that the board will remain profitable. And who knows, maybe the worm will turn again.

Meanwhile, I am grateful and cherish those who are still here, and I remain optimistic that friendship will win out over minor irritations and the troops will come wandering back in at least to the Coffee Shop. Quite a few of us are still here. But the MIAs are also noticeable. And missed by us who counted them as friends.

I've had to dial back my visits here because of so many other current commitments. I miss coming as often as I used to, there's always nice people and fine conversation in the CS. With winter coming on, I'll probably be "in" much more.
Well, my "house" is inside now for the winter. The world gets darker but my house cannot withstand the winter here without the heated garage. This should be my last winter here, I hope to be with my daughter (probably in NC) next year by this time. Leaving Alaska is not something I really want to do, but your grandchildren only grow up once. I'll be back, later.

Got a email a little while back. When I was looking at homes and rentals in Albuquerque I had checked the "Make me Move" button on Zillow, not knowing what it was. The email was a Zillow offer to rent a 2230 sqft house at $800/month........ Checked and it was listed normally at $1500/month. Uummmmm........ Yeah, I'm cautious just in case it's a scam but I did email the supposed owner through the Zillow link.

If you would like for us to do a drive by PM or e-mail me the address.

Good morning and a good Tuesday to all.
A little under the weather today, have been sleeping poorly and am fending off the beginning of a cold - which is bad in my profession.

Sniff.

The salt water gargle early on at the beginning of a cold and intermittently in the first days can stave off a lot of uglies.

:ack-1: What? You're having freezing weather? Well, we had a lovely 93 degree day, today....and I still was able to work outside in my garden, and I have to wear long sleeves cause I'm allergic to the sun....bummmer, it was hot!
Yup, it got as warm as 38 today, but still not enough for things to thaw. Temps have been dropping to the mid-20s for the past couple of nights. I count myself fortunate because it's held off an extra month this year. Looks like we might have our second snow-free Halloween in two years, but it's still early.

Forum List

Back