USMB Coffee Shop IV

beautiful day here in the city and will be sunny all the way into the weekend, 70 to 75, 50 at nights
Jake! It's becoming uncanny. Our coastal weather is reflecting your mountain weather, season by season, for the past year, it seems. :lol:

It can't be because of climate change. :lol:

You are right, it is uncanny. The idea that the coast of Oregon would mirror Salt Lake Valley is strange.

Oh, and a warm Coffee Shop welcome to Rotagilla who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Pull up a chair and join right in.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

Hot-Chocolate-hot-chocolate-33179318-1280-1176.jpg
Well, thank you very kindly!
Next round is on me.
Hey there! Are you really in Pensacola? Next time you head west, Doc Holliday's is 17 miles from the state line, just off US 98. Stop by for an adult beverage.

Hi there!
Pensacola?
Me?
No. I'm 30n x 90w

If you come west, let me know..we'll have drinks..or lunch...or drink lunch.. :alcoholic: :laugh2:
Link under location points to Fort Pickens, so I figured Pensy...

Now, NOLA... I could do that. It's about 3 hours from here.

I sometimes listen to Aljazeera news, because it often has news items the other channels do not. One thing it said was that it recently rained in California. I was wondering if it has rained since, as I know there is a terrible drought there.

Monday, Monday... Nice day outside. Mrs. BBD has gone to the drug store in Oregon to get a prescription filled and to pick me up some fresh D batteries so I can put my other trail cam out. Kind of a slow day here with not much going on. Foxy was right. The deer in the picture I posted was a 10 pointer. On other pictures of him it is more evident. He's a nice one. There are quite a few really nice bucks lurking around the farm here and I hope they are still around come shot gun season next month. Maybe my buddy, the Vet, will get one of them during bow season. I hope so. I'd like to see them up close. Don't have much to say today so I will just wish everybody a good day and hope it turns out to be a good week for everybody. Guess I shall go pour myself another cup of coffee!

Deer season (archery) started last week down here...and today it's going to be 85 degrees...

I think I want a hog this year...if I can get one. On private land there is no "season" ...see 'em and take 'em....

Oh, and a warm Coffee Shop welcome to Rotagilla who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Pull up a chair and join right in.

Next round is on me.
Hey there! Are you really in Pensacola? Next time you head west, Doc Holliday's is 17 miles from the state line, just off US 98. Stop by for an adult beverage.

Hi there!
Pensacola?
Me?
No. I'm 30n x 90w

If you come west, let me know..we'll have drinks..or lunch...or drink lunch.. :alcoholic: :laugh2:

I noticed that! I listed my location as "federally occupied territory" and if you click it, it takes you to fort pickens...weird...

We specialize in good food, good music and good times.
Let me know. :)

Next round is on me.

Hi there!
Pensacola?
Me?
No. I'm 30n x 90w

I noticed that! I listed my location as "federally occupied territory" and if you click it, it takes you to fort pickens...weird...

You got me curious so I typed "Federally occupied territory" into my browser and I got the following links captioned:

Canada is Jewish occupied territory
Allied occupied Germany
Liberate the federally occupied western states
Occupied Territory Ft. Alphaville
German occupied territory of Montenegro
Territories of the United States
Occupied territories around the world
Life in the American occupied territories
U.S. Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Next round is on me.

Hi there!
Pensacola?
Me?
No. I'm 30n x 90w

You got me curious so I typed "Federally occupied territory" into my browser and I got the following links captioned:

Allied occupied Germany

They seem to have left out "that portion of the u.s. below the mason-dixon line". :FIREdevil:

More Balloon Fiesta photos from yesterday morning:

That Eagle and a large green parrot used to be the tallest balloons that came to the Fiesta once an enormous white polar bear was retired--these balloons only have so many years of useful life span before they have to retire them. But I'm noticing other newer balloons that now rival the Eagle. It was always fun if the Eagle and parrot launched in close proximity to each other--I have one photo somewhere of the two of them nose to nose in the sky. Pretty awesome.

518e4cdceb46645a73766c01ad5efd95.jpg

The first wave is inflating just before the sun breaks over the Sandia Mountains to the east:

Albuquerque-Balloon-Fiesta.jpg

Happy Halloween:

Albuquerque-Balloon-Festiva_trip_Albuquerque-Balloon-Festiva_travel_hottrip-net3.jpg

Next round is on me.

Hi there!
Pensacola?
Me?
No. I'm 30n x 90w

Allied occupied Germany

Oh, my....

Greetings, Everyone.
I'm thinking I might have to shop around for a new veterinarian. Although I've been taking my fur-fam to this vet's clinic for 26 years, they cater to the horsey crowd and have gotten quite expensive. One of my senior citizen kitties (18 yrs) has been slurping and burbling, eyes runny, etc. I was afraid she might have pneumonia so I took her to the doc's (Thurs). Let's do blood tests, xrays, some other stuff. Preliminary diagnosis, age-related kitty asthma or maybe hyperthyroidism. Send the blood work to a lab for further analysis. The tab for all this, $725!!! Holy, moly! I took a deep breath and paid the bill. Took kitty home with some antibiotics. She hates me now, she hates having to take medication.
So, fast forward to Friday. I get home from work and am greeting my little puppy. I notice a golf-ball sized swelling on her jawline. Holy crap! What now. Another trip to the vet's. She's got a blocked saliva gland. Vet recommends surgery. After the little surprise the day before, I ask for a guesstamate for the cost...around $1200!!! WTF! We came home with antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. I've also been applying hot compresses. Some one must have seen me coming. I cannot afford $1200 for surgery for the dog. Damn!
OK, vent over. I'm going to ask around and see whether I cannot find a new vet.

Check online about the vet community in your area. Don't hesitate to post the fees you have quoted and assessed. Others my try to undercut or met him. If so, some one will lower fees if he understands he will pick up a lot of new customers.
Pretty much what I've got to do. It's pretty disappointing because I've been going to this office for 26 years now and this is the first time I've felt...well, ripped off.

Afternoon greetings!
Had my class this morning and am now heating the milk to make a batch of yogurt, so I have some time to poke around here.
I might have to add that balloon festival to my bucket list. The whole affair looks just marvelous.
My water line froze this morning. I've been lucky, last year I was already in the garage a month by this time. My partner is coming over tomorrow to help me get my "house" parked for the winter. He's much better at backing a rig like this than I am because he used to drive logging trucks for a living.
I can empathize with Ringel about packing and moving. While I'm not officially moving, I am sorting the stuff I have stored so I can move it into my new storage shed. I'd like to find homes for a lot of the stuff, but my daughter has expressed an interest in keeping loads of it. When I last moved out of my Eagle River home, I ditched most of the paperbacks but still have an extensive hard bound library. I also have loads of collectables that I accumulated when living in Europe. I had two huge breakfronts that needed to be "dressed up", so I have David Winter Cottages, a couple dozen Lladro figurines, some Willetts carrousel horses, as well as a load of porcelain and bronze figurines of all makes and models. I could probably make some bank on ebay with this stuff. But the complication comes because I've been using my garage space to sort and stack the stuff, so I have to go clear the area so I can put the trailer in tomorrow.

Hi there!
Pensacola?
Me?
No. I'm 30n x 90w

Allied occupied Germany

Oh, my....

Yeah, I didn't know which one was funnier. . . .the Jewish occupied Canada--that is probably news to both the Canadians and the Jews :)--or that USMB came up on the list. LOL

I am getting a lot of trophies in my alerts lately. I got one for my birthday and now for a 6 month and 1 year anniversary. I wonder how I pulled off getting both of those at the same time, particularly since I've been here for years now? :lol:
I edited my profile for the first time since the board software upgrade. Then the same thing happened to me.
None of the trophy's included booze though, so I am sad.

Forum List

Back