USMB Coffee Shop IV

IMG_0196.jpg

Checked my trail cam just now and found this fellow lurking around.

Packing is so much fun......... NOT!!

We are living in our 20th home since we married. That's a lot of packing and moving. We got more skilled at it over the years, but I can truthfully say that at no time has it gotten one bit easier.
What's worse is I'm packing stuff we rarely use or haven't used since we got down here....... So why am I packing it.........? Oh yeah, the wife....... :cool-45:

I think there are probably one or two boxes out in the garage that we packed when we moved out of our very first rented home and that have never been opened since. :)

I think you can safely say that were those two boxes to disappear, you would never notice, then...

Probably, but you never know when there is a priceless irreplaceable photo or something in them. So we don't dare throw anything away without looking first. Wouldn't you like to be able to look through those boxes you left with your mom?

Last edited:
The worst part is 2/3ds of our stuff is in storage and a quarter of what we have here is still in boxes. Granted we never "filled" this 1100 sqft house as we really had no intention of staying anyway, but dayam!!
The wife keeps saying we need a bigger place so she can go through all of her stored stuff to see what she has and get rid of some of it...... I've heard that song and dance before.......

You realize that if you acquiesce to her demands, then she will buy more stuff.... and you will still have boxes, right?

Cuz men are hunters, women are gatherers. :D

You're so right. When we were moving to New Hampshire from Alabama, my husband had a pile on the edge of the sidewalk of stuff that he was throwing away.....I was going out there and bringing stuff back.:eek:

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz) and Hossfly,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning coffee shoppers, and happy Monday to all of you. I made a promise to myself a long time ago that when I hit a round 10thousander posting, I would post in the CS. I did it at 10,000 posts and I am now doing it right now, at 20,000.

SH 20000.png

Friday was a national holiday in Germany. The 3rd of October is "Tag der Deutschen Einheit" (The day of German Unity) which we would call "Reunification Day", commemorating the rejoining of the former BRD (West Germany) and the former DDR (East Germany) into a unified BRD. In this case, it meant an extended weekend and in the province of North-Rhein Westfalia, Fall break has also begun for schoolchildren. Germany, per national law, does a staggered schedule of Fall, Spring and Summer breaks for schoolchildren (and UNI students) so that no two Bundesländer (provinces) that share a border with each other will have vacation in the same week, just alleviating traffic jams on the German Highways. The Union for the German national train system is planning strategic strikes, but decided at the last minute to not strike during any of the Fall breaks.

Enjoy your Monday coffee.

Anyone who thanks this posting gets 20,000 reputation points from me, really!!!!

:lol:

Good morning, everyone. In celebration of the first Sunday after Yom Kippur :) I am making a big old cappucino for myself today. Yum.

Okay....I remember you saying you were giving up coffee.....I've been drinking in excess just to make up for your lack and now you say you're going to have a cappucino? :dunno:
I enjoy the black brew once or twice a week.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

I guess you're getting your caffeine all at one time for the whole week?
I cook up a pretty large espresso with some cinnamon and a pinch of ginger.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
I'm practically on a drip. Minimum 2 cups before work and 4 to 6 more at the bar.

Well, it was a good run. I played Texas Hold em at a private game last night. I split the pot in the first tournament and failed miserably in the 2nd. Thus endeth my streak of 13 straight tournaments finishing in the money. I can't complain. I profited a bit over $500 in 15 days.

78 here at 10:35 sunny with another day of the bluest skies you've ever seen. It was down to 52 at 6 AM, but I was still snuggled up with Momma and the dogs.

I guess it's Monday again. That means set up the bar at 1PM for opening at 2, poker at 6 til 11 or 12, clean up that for another hour and head home at about 1:15. In the words of the profit Toby Keith, Mm mm mm, I Love This Bar.

Good morning all. It is Monday, but that's okay. Hombre is off to the doctor for a routine post-surgery checkup. And I have good intentions of getting several small tasks done today depending on Procrastinator Presidential duties and all. Hoping for a good day for everybody.

Monday, Monday... Nice day outside. Mrs. BBD has gone to the drug store in Oregon to get a prescription filled and to pick me up some fresh D batteries so I can put my other trail cam out. Kind of a slow day here with not much going on. Foxy was right. The deer in the picture I posted was a 10 pointer. On other pictures of him it is more evident. He's a nice one. There are quite a few really nice bucks lurking around the farm here and I hope they are still around come shot gun season next month. Maybe my buddy, the Vet, will get one of them during bow season. I hope so. I'd like to see them up close. Don't have much to say today so I will just wish everybody a good day and hope it turns out to be a good week for everybody. Guess I shall go pour myself another cup of coffee!

Oh, and a warm Coffee Shop welcome to Rotagilla who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Pull up a chair and join right in.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

Hot-Chocolate-hot-chocolate-33179318-1280-1176.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Oh, and a warm Coffee Shop welcome to Rotagilla who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Pull up a chair and join right in.

Well, thank you very kindly!
Next round is on me.
Hey there! Are you really in Pensacola? Next time you head west, Doc Holliday's is 17 miles from the state line, just off US 98. Stop by for an adult beverage.

Next round is on me.
Yes, yes, very nice to see you here, Rotagilla. It's the sweetest place in our community. :D

Next round is on me.
Hey there! Are you really in Pensacola? Next time you head west, Doc Holliday's is 17 miles from the state line, just off US 98. Stop by for an adult beverage.

Hi there!
Pensacola?
Me?
No. I'm 30n x 90w

If you come west, let me know..we'll have drinks..or lunch...or drink lunch.. :alcoholic: :laugh2:

Next round is on me.
Yes, yes, very nice to see you here, Rotagilla. It's the sweetest place in our community. :D

I noticed! Quite refreshing, actually...nice people being nice to each other...what a concept...

Monday, Monday... Nice day outside. Mrs. BBD has gone to the drug store in Oregon to get a prescription filled and to pick me up some fresh D batteries so I can put my other trail cam out. Kind of a slow day here with not much going on. Foxy was right. The deer in the picture I posted was a 10 pointer. On other pictures of him it is more evident. He's a nice one. There are quite a few really nice bucks lurking around the farm here and I hope they are still around come shot gun season next month. Maybe my buddy, the Vet, will get one of them during bow season. I hope so. I'd like to see them up close. Don't have much to say today so I will just wish everybody a good day and hope it turns out to be a good week for everybody. Guess I shall go pour myself another cup of coffee!
Sounds good. :)

Thanks for mentioning batteries, BBD, as I need to put those on the list for my next grocery shopping trip. I have to store up on batteries for flashlights, CD player and etc., for the upcoming weather and possible power loss. Need B's and C's and some double A's. I like to be prepared. :thup:

Forum List

Back