USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think I might head to the Cheapo Depot today just for fun, and buy me some fireworks. My supply is running pretty low.

Ewwwww fireworks. I had fun with them when we lived in country where we didn't worry about everything bursting into flame. But now I cringe when I hear them going off anywhere other than a closed, protected, professional setting. But why fireworks in October?

We live out in the country.....so fireworks are not restricted. Everyone comes over on the 4th of July and New Year's eve to pop their fireworks. We have an unofficial yearly contest going among residents of our sub-division.....Mr. Mertex spent $75 on one humongus beautiful spray/fountainlike firework that lasted a long time and put out a beautiful display....with loud booms, to boot....I think we won it this 4th....at least that's what everyone in our family thinks....:)

People around our lake come for the July 4th holiday and some really pull out all the stops. Sometimes we take the boat out and watch from the middle of the lake but sometimes we just sit on our deck and sip wine.

While our poor dog hides in the bedroom.

Checking in from beautiful downtown Roswell, NM........ Got here in a short 4 1/2 hours and was able to check into the hotel early. Grabbed some Jimmy Johns for lunch and we're now relaxing waiting to get ready for the interview this afternoon.

I think I might head to the Cheapo Depot today just for fun, and buy me some fireworks. My supply is running pretty low.

Ewwwww fireworks. I had fun with them when we lived in country where we didn't worry about everything bursting into flame. But now I cringe when I hear them going off anywhere other than a closed, protected, professional setting. But why fireworks in October?

We live out in the country.....so fireworks are not restricted. Everyone comes over on the 4th of July and New Year's eve to pop their fireworks. We have an unofficial yearly contest going among residents of our sub-division.....Mr. Mertex spent $75 on one humongus beautiful spray/fountainlike firework that lasted a long time and put out a beautiful display....with loud booms, to boot....I think we won it this 4th....at least that's what everyone in our family thinks....:)

People around our lake come for the July 4th holiday and some really pull out all the stops. Sometimes we take the boat out and watch from the middle of the lake but sometimes we just sit on our deck and sip wine.

Our cats disappear as soon as the fireworks start....and you don't see them till the next morning. I think they go under the beds.

Our cats disappear as soon as the fireworks start....and you don't see them till the next morning. I think they go under the beds.
My cat sits on her tower in the window and watches them.

Nothing political or religious about this so I thought I'd post it. I found it kinda interesting.

What's up with Michigan?

CBOX_BlattLanguage_2jpgCROP_original-original_zps5ea30838.jpg

Checking in from beautiful downtown Roswell, NM........ Got here in a short 4 1/2 hours and was able to check into the hotel early. Grabbed some Jimmy Johns for lunch and we're now relaxing waiting to get ready for the interview this afternoon.

Let us know how it goes/went.

Let us know how it goes/went.
Okay, panel interview, two other applicants, both already in the system with specific knowledge of the job....... Getting the feeling the wife was interviewed to fulfill the legal requirements of interviewing x number of people for a specific job.
Now that doesn't mean she couldn't be considered for another position elsewhere in the state. We'll see.
BTW, that drive between Vaughn and Roswell is loooong........ even if it's only a little more than an hour....... :lol:

View attachment 33144 View attachment 33145 View attachment 33146

Checked my two trail cams this morning and these are the critters I found on it. Couple of nice bucks and a pair of coyotes.

I think Santa is gonna bring us one of those this year.

Along with deer, raccoons, foxes, armadillos, possums and that squirrel academy pictured earlier, we have a bobcat who comes to visit. We get glimpses of him but I'd really like to see what goes on at night in our side yards. Our front yard is lake and the back yard is lake but we have a lot of traffic in the side yards.

Big Black Dog Any suggestions as to what we want to get? Anyone?

Speaking of armadillos, I have one nasty little creature that likes to visit often, and goes straight for my newly planted plants, and uproots them....I'd like to whop him on the head....
One well placed blast from a shotgun will take care of that.
Are armadillos good to eat?

I deleted it. I'm discouraged by some of the backbiting in here recently, so I'm not going to give people a chance to target me.

Looks like my SIL will be assigned to Ft Lewis, WA. My daughter told me that if there is any place she hates more than Ft Bragg, it's Ft Lewis. But, like a good wife, she's started looking at the real estate listings. Personally, I like WA far better than NC. The climate is cooler and more comfortable. Between Boeing and SeaTac airport, I should find a decent job. There are also community colleges in the area that offer aviation maintenance programs I could teach. It also means I have to drive half as far when I leave AK. I am not looking forward to dragging my home so far.
I've dug into my old movies and am enjoying "Taming of the Shrew". Dang it, why can't they make movies like this any more? There is something to be said for acting vs. special computer-generated effects. Another great favorite of mine is "A Lion in Winter". Damned, that was well played.

I agree with you on WA......not to mention the beautiful gardens one can have in that area...............:rolleyes:
That's one of the things my daughter is focusing on, the fact that she'll be able to have a great garden. She's going to look for rural property in farm country.

Checked my two trail cams this morning and these are the critters I found on it. Couple of nice bucks and a pair of coyotes.

Along with deer, raccoons, foxes, armadillos, possums and that squirrel academy pictured earlier, we have a bobcat who comes to visit. We get glimpses of him but I'd really like to see what goes on at night in our side yards. Our front yard is lake and the back yard is lake but we have a lot of traffic in the side yards.

Speaking of armadillos, I have one nasty little creature that likes to visit often, and goes straight for my newly planted plants, and uproots them....I'd like to whop him on the head....

I know....but we're not allowed to shoot guns in our sub-division.....I could kill him with my bear hands, he makes me so mad sometimes....:ack-1:
Maybe you should take up archery?

Looks like my SIL will be assigned to Ft Lewis, WA. My daughter told me that if there is any place she hates more than Ft Bragg, it's Ft Lewis. But, like a good wife, she's started looking at the real estate listings. Personally, I like WA far better than NC. The climate is cooler and more comfortable. Between Boeing and SeaTac airport, I should find a decent job. There are also community colleges in the area that offer aviation maintenance programs I could teach. It also means I have to drive half as far when I leave AK. I am not looking forward to dragging my home so far.
I've dug into my old movies and am enjoying "Taming of the Shrew". Dang it, why can't they make movies like this any more? There is something to be said for acting vs. special computer-generated effects. Another great favorite of mine is "A Lion in Winter". Damned, that was well played.

I agree with you on WA......not to mention the beautiful gardens one can have in that area...............:rolleyes:

I lived in WA (Bellingham) for a few years and loved a lot about it. In the end, I had to go find the sun.
Yeah, sun is often in short supply in that area, unless you count the "liquid" sunshine...

Are armadillos good to eat?
Never tried one my gut instinct would be no.

Forum List

Back