USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. I guess Hobbes is still in the tree?

And Happy Halloween all. In true procrastinator's fashion, we still don't have any treats for the trick or treaters tonight, but that will be remedied in an hour or two. Glad to see everybody is gearing up for the scary invasion. The way our family room is positioned in the house, you can't see the lights on from the street and we could easily hole up in the house and pretend to be gone tonight. And sometimes that is tempting, but neither Hombre or I can do it.

Good to see Ollie stopped by. Wish he would post his Halloween display photos for us again.

Today is office cleaning day too--IF I get around to it. This one is pretty much used up.

th

Okay, more coffee. . . . .

:eek: Hobbes still in the tree?!?!?!?!!??! Someone tell me NOOOO, please???

Far as I know, he is. He's just gonna have to figure it out. I cajoled him as long as I could yesterday until sundown. Didn't want to encourage him down in the dark, although I'm sure he can see better than I can. I had to get on the road before dawn, it was still dark, and he was still there. I'm hoping he just gets tired of his own game and figures it out as he did last time.

After I was already on the road I found out we're not only getting snow tomorrow -- we may get a lot. That may either help or hinder his descent if he's not down before then.

I've had cats around all my life but never saw one like this. :uhh:
Given how few cat skeletons are found in trees, I'm convinced that he will climb down soon. Best of luck!

Eleven years ago I installed a new track lighting system in the Great Hall of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. I lamped them with halogen bulbs (with the two straight pin base. They worked great!

Then my brother convinced me to relamp them with LED bulbs. Okay. But I found that my dimmer would not really dim the LEDs. So, I bought a new dimmer, which STILL did not dim those LEDs. Now I see that one of the light fixtures is not functioning properly.

So, I bought all new track light heads! But I came to discover that these new heads take a bulb with the wee barrel shaped attachments (a GU10 they call them). And that called for another trip to the hardware store to buy new bulbs. I have four new track light heads. Bulbs are sold in three or six packs. Remember when if you bought a package of hot dogs, the package of hot dog buns did not match the quantity of the wieners? Comedians made careers out of that.

Today, I bought two more bulbs than I need. Altogether, this track lighting system is really wearing a blister on my credit card!
That's what ya get for owning a home....... :eusa_whistle:
Yesterday went up to the Springs, my brother was in town taking care of the final distribution of the estate. The truck now officially belongs to us and I now have some good money to put in the bank.
Speaking of buying a house, Albuquerque is looking more and more appealing as there are more actions, foreclosures inexpensive sales and distressed properties to be had. Phoenix AZ has double that number........
Waiting now for the SSDI to be approved, once that happens we have a constant income stream.

The local legend is that if you wear out a pair of shoes in Albuquerque you will never want to leave. I don't know how true that is, but once we got here in 1984, we have worn out several pairs of shoes and we're still here.

My little red Subaru Impreza Outback is 19 years old today. And it still runs like a well oiled sewing machine and it looks good. I'm probably going to have that car until I die.

Eleven years ago I installed a new track lighting system in the Great Hall of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. I lamped them with halogen bulbs (with the two straight pin base. They worked great!

Then my brother convinced me to relamp them with LED bulbs. Okay. But I found that my dimmer would not really dim the LEDs. So, I bought a new dimmer, which STILL did not dim those LEDs. Now I see that one of the light fixtures is not functioning properly.

So, I bought all new track light heads! But I came to discover that these new heads take a bulb with the wee barrel shaped attachments (a GU10 they call them). And that called for another trip to the hardware store to buy new bulbs. I have four new track light heads. Bulbs are sold in three or six packs. Remember when if you bought a package of hot dogs, the package of hot dog buns did not match the quantity of the wieners? Comedians made careers out of that.

Today, I bought two more bulbs than I need. Altogether, this track lighting system is really wearing a blister on my credit card!
Yesterday went up to the Springs, my brother was in town taking care of the final distribution of the estate. The truck now officially belongs to us and I now have some good money to put in the bank.
Speaking of buying a house, Albuquerque is looking more and more appealing as there are more actions, foreclosures inexpensive sales and distressed properties to be had. Phoenix AZ has double that number........
Waiting now for the SSDI to be approved, once that happens we have a constant income stream.

The local legend is that if you wear out a pair of shoes in Albuquerque you will never want to leave. I don't know how true that is, but once we got here in 1984, we have worn out several pairs of shoes and we're still here.
What I'm finding so far (best deals) are west and north west Rio Rancho, SW Albuquerque (Westgate) and Cedar Crest/Edgewood.
All appear to be about a half hour from the center of town.

What I'm finding so far (best deals) are west and north west Rio Rancho, SW Albuquerque (Westgate) and Cedar Crest/Edgewood.
All appear to be about a half hour from the center of town.

We lived in the Cedar Crest area for 14 years. It is a beautiful area and indeed is only 20 minutes from town but look long and hard before you buy out there. There is a reason property is so affordable out there. Check the crime reports and get a guarantee on the water supply.

I would be really careful about southwest Albuquerque too--can really be a rough area with resale value issues. Again there is a reason for those low prices. Some areas of southeast Albuquerque most people would never recommend also. You won't go wrong with most areas in Rio Rancho though the housing market is depressed there right now. And almost anywhere on what they call the west mesa--north of Central and west of the river--of Albuquerque is going to be okay.

Good morning everybody. I guess Hobbes is still in the tree?

And Happy Halloween all. In true procrastinator's fashion, we still don't have any treats for the trick or treaters tonight, but that will be remedied in an hour or two. Glad to see everybody is gearing up for the scary invasion. The way our family room is positioned in the house, you can't see the lights on from the street and we could easily hole up in the house and pretend to be gone tonight. And sometimes that is tempting, but neither Hombre or I can do it.

Good to see Ollie stopped by. Wish he would post his Halloween display photos for us again.

Today is office cleaning day too--IF I get around to it. This one is pretty much used up.

th

Okay, more coffee. . . . .

:eek: Hobbes still in the tree?!?!?!?!!??! Someone tell me NOOOO, please???

Far as I know, he is. He's just gonna have to figure it out. I cajoled him as long as I could yesterday until sundown. Didn't want to encourage him down in the dark, although I'm sure he can see better than I can. I had to get on the road before dawn, it was still dark, and he was still there. I'm hoping he just gets tired of his own game and figures it out as he did last time.

After I was already on the road I found out we're not only getting snow tomorrow -- we may get a lot. That may either help or hinder his descent if he's not down before then.

I've had cats around all my life but never saw one like this. :uhh:
Given how few cat skeletons are found in trees, I'm convinced that he will climb down soon. Best of luck!

I keep hearing people say that. Who is it that climbs trees looking for skeletons?
;)

Thanks Nosmo, appreciated.

Moral:
Never listen to your brother.

Moral:
Never listen to your brother.
He made a compelling case. I first switched to LEDs in the light fixture above the bay windows in the Great hall. They shine upon an oak finished Ponderosa pine window and cast a really nice hue of light. But those damn LEDs in the track lighting system have all the warmth of an office cubical. At least the halogens accented everything above the mantle with a natural looking light.

So tonight the old track light heads get taken down and the new heads get lamped up and aimed. New halogen bulbs should make all the difference with dimming and light quality.

Lighting makes such a big impact. I have done some outside stuff in landscaping with just a few customers.

Oh my goodness it is so miserable outside right now. Wind is picking up besides being cold and rainy, possible snow. Hope these parents bundle those kiddles up.

Oh my goodness it is so miserable outside right now. Wind is picking up besides being cold and rainy, possible snow. Hope these parents bundle those kiddles up.

70 degrees and sunny here with almost no wind. That means come sundown the little buggers will be out and about in massive herds and most won't bother with any sweaters or jackets so we'll get to see the costumes in all their glory. Hope we bought enough candy.

70 degrees and sunny here with almost no wind. That means come sundown the little buggers will be out and about in massive herds and most won't bother with any sweaters or jackets so we'll get to see the costumes in all their glory. Hope we bought enough candy.
People are out tailgating for Friday night football. Shit, they love football around here. Just watching the news.

Forum List

Back