USMB Coffee Shop IV

1380433_10151958539797792_1214539812_n.jpg

You guys crack me up.

Sending special vibes to keep Hobbes safe until Pogo returns.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Pogo's aunt,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's student/friend Sean, his injured brother, and their family,
Tresha and hubby,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Foxy, my aunt is fine, she came through all the operation and therapy stuff. I visited her a couple of weeks ago and all is normal, for a 95-year-old, so she can make a space on the list. Thank you :smiliehug:

Okie dokie Pogo. So happy she made a full recovery.

Good morning all. We survived Halloween night with fewer than usual trick or treaters--I attribute that to all the churches around here having Halloween events for the kids in lieu of trick or treating--but all went smoothly. Our church has an enormous parking lot and the last couple of Halloweens we have had Trunk or Treat--church members decorate their car trunks and stock with treats and fun things to do and the kids spend a couple of hours roaming the parking lot. Great fun. Those of us who don't do the trunk thing usually pitch in to help buy the stuff for the folks who do.

Beautiful still warmer than normal fall day here. A full day of football for Hombre and doing what the spirit moves me to do today for me. Hope everybody is having a great Saturday.

Warm last night (Halloween Night in SLC!). Not as many trick o treaters as last year in the Avenues, but the costumes were fun and cute, some of the adults were tricked out as well. We had a good time. And tonight is change the clock back, yeah.

Dang! Thanks Jake, on the clock thing. I hadn't read anything today, but USMB. :lol:

I'm one of the 43%.

Daylight Saving Time ends tomorrow, but Americans aren’t so sure it’s still necessary.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that most American Adults (82%) know to move their clocks back an hour this weekend to end Daylight Saving Time (DST). Ten percent (10%) think they need to move their clocks forward an hour. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

43% Say There s No Need for Daylight Saving Time - Rasmussen Reports trade

Me too. The whole idea is analogous to changing a light bulb by climbing up a ladder and then having somebody rotate the ladder, instead of just turning the bulb.

I adjust better going back to standard time than I do adjusting to DST, but I very much wish they would just pick a time and then leave it alone.

Warm last night (Halloween Night in SLC!). Not as many trick o treaters as last year in the Avenues, but the costumes were fun and cute, some of the adults were tricked out as well. We had a good time. And tonight is change the clock back, yeah.

Dang! Thanks Jake, on the clock thing. I hadn't read anything today, but USMB. :lol:

I'm one of the 43%.

Daylight Saving Time ends tomorrow, but Americans aren’t so sure it’s still necessary.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that most American Adults (82%) know to move their clocks back an hour this weekend to end Daylight Saving Time (DST). Ten percent (10%) think they need to move their clocks forward an hour. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

43% Say There s No Need for Daylight Saving Time - Rasmussen Reports trade

Me too. The whole idea is analogous to changing a light bulb by climbing up a ladder and then having somebody rotate the ladder, instead of just turning the bulb.

I adjust better going back to standard time than I do adjusting to DST, but I very much wish they would just pick a time and then leave it alone.
Yes it seems like we really lose that hour and don't recover for awhile.

Your usual stellar sentiment, Sherry, but geez, why did they pick that putrid shade of green to say it?

It was a brighter shade, and then apparently was dimmed when the hot link protection was enabled after I pasted it.:dunno: Here's a slightly different version with the original color...

999b6cb2fadb4644af6403fa45c9e2bf.jpg

Last edited:
Well bundle up Jake. Not supposed to hit here until tomorrow night but we won't see as dramatic a cool down as SLC will.

Yah, it is going to get chilly tonight.

What about you guys and the moisture?

Have you caught up where you should be?

And is it safe hiking in the canyons now?

All done with cleaning and doing laundry so now I'm relaxing with my blankie, listening to Coast to Coast and posting for awhile.

Right now:

41°F
FEELS LIKE 34°

Earlier today:

42°
HIGH AT 1:25 PM

Tonight!

27°
LOW
Partly Cloudy
Cloudy
Mostly Clear

That ginger cat is now in my lap. His name is Milo Boo and he is scared of storms.

Our little (26 pound) tuxedo named Boo is laying in the middle of the floor snoring...... Named him Boo because he was scared to death of people, other than my wife and I he still is.......

All done with cleaning and doing laundry so now I'm relaxing with my blankie, listening to Coast to Coast and posting for awhile.

Right now:

41°F
FEELS LIKE 34°

Earlier today:

42°
HIGH AT 1:25 PM

Tonight!

27°
LOW
Partly Cloudy
Cloudy
Mostly Clear

I used to listen to Coast to Coast when I was working late nights or pulling an all nighter. It is such an eclectic program--kept me company and entertained for hours.

It really hasn't been too bad here. Today, it was probably in the mid to high 50s, a little rainy and blustery. Last night for the trick or treaters, it wasn't bad, a bit chilly but definitely tolerable. Tomorrow though, temps are supposed to only be in the mid to high 40s and rainy again. Still, this isn't SO bad considering that it's November. :D

Saw no snow in WV, just cold rain and not that much. Couldn't have been much of an inviting night for tricker treaters.

I just returned from Green Bank where I visited this guy...

gb22.jpg

Biggest fully steerable radio telescope in the world, almost 500' high. For scale that's a tour bus in front of it. Nice exposition center display and history in the main building. The observatory lies in the middle of the National Radio Quiet Zone, where electromagnetic radiation is strictly controlled. Didn't see cell phone signals for at least 20 miles on the way in. They keep it so quiet they have a technician in a van go into town if they detect something spurious like someone's microwave oven leaking. All their vehicles are diesel --even the lawnmowers-- because spark plugs would generate noise. It's kind of an electromagnetic wildlife preserve that way. :)

National Radio Astronomy Observatory

Forum List

Back