USMB Coffee Shop IV

I appreciate your cat's willingness to overcome his fear of heights Pogo.

About forty degrees yesterday, so finishing up my step son's shed roof was less than ideal. Going to add a few tie down straps, just because I don't like anything I build to have even the slightest weakness. Lots of raking for customers today too.
Ya might have to tell the uninitiated what "tie down straps" are in conjunction with roofing.........

So I get to the local ACE hardware store yesterday, trusty 20% off coupon in hand, pick out a potential ladder and present the coupon to the checkout person, and soon there's three people looking at it like it was printed on Mars. Well lo and behold there was a sale on ladders so they gave me the sale price on each one I had in mind because well, they weren't MARKED with their sale price. But the nicest ladder in the store was regularly $329 and change, and the sale price was $241, almost ninety bucks off! Course I couldn't use the coupon with that but, I couldn't pass that up, so now am the proud owner of a new 28' fiberglass ladder. Only problem is that it's pretty clumsy to handle for one guy. Thing is long and HEAVY. But, it'll reach with ease anything I need it for. Glad I have it.

We had a light -- very light -- dusting of snow at dawn today here in northern south east West Virginia. :eusa_dance:

Will find out by evening what came down at home -- snow? Cat?
:lol: That cat is gonna be the death of you...

-- or vice versa :death:

You'd think at some point he'd get the idea that straight-up vertical ascent doesn't generally end well.
I'm convinced the capacity of a cat's memory is about ten seconds. :uhh:

Cats are not that bright. A lot of what we consider cat arrogance I'm convinced is simply cat stupidity. :lol:

We had a light -- very light -- dusting of snow at dawn today here in northern south east West Virginia. :eusa_dance:

You'd think at some point he'd get the idea that straight-up vertical ascent doesn't generally end well.

Cats are not that bright. A lot of what we consider cat arrogance I'm convinced is simply cat stupidity. :lol:

mm, cats are clever. Perhaps clairvoyant. I do give them much credit. :D My cat will shake hands/paws, sit up on hind legs and stay, upon command, ( not for long though ) and exercise with me, when I roll from side to side and go potty when I lift the lid of her cat box, but only if she needs to go. If she does need to, she hops right in and does her thing. :thup: Also knows voice tone and abides, ( usually )

Last edited:
Foxfyre, please put my sister in law on the prayer list. She is in the hospital because her body is not evacuating the CO2 property. She is very ill, and she is tiring.

We had two different cats each survive a 30 to 40 descent vertically out of pine trees. Neither ever climbed beyond eight feet after that.

I just don't get the reasoning. "Let's see, last three times I did this I was stranded up there for three, four days, had no food, no water, had to stay awake the whole time through rain, snow, bitter cold... yeah let's go up this tree and do it again".

:cuckoo:

The reasoning is to feel free. Humans would feel trapped?

I remember seeing a documentary once where they said that the wise old owls weren't that wise. Their eyes take up so much space, their brains have to be really tiny to fit in there. Cat brains are very small too, they can't actually be bright. They're wild animals though and I think this particular cat just gets up that high before he realizes what happened and then he is afraid to make a move downward.

So I get to the local ACE hardware store yesterday, trusty 20% off coupon in hand, pick out a potential ladder and present the coupon to the checkout person, and soon there's three people looking at it like it was printed on Mars. Well lo and behold there was a sale on ladders so they gave me the sale price on each one I had in mind because well, they weren't MARKED with their sale price. But the nicest ladder in the store was regularly $329 and change, and the sale price was $241, almost ninety bucks off! Course I couldn't use the coupon with that but, I couldn't pass that up, so now am the proud owner of a new 28' fiberglass ladder. Only problem is that it's pretty clumsy to handle for one guy. Thing is long and HEAVY. But, it'll reach with ease anything I need it for. Glad I have it.

:clap: I'm there for you baby. Next flight. Please get the omelet makings out with about one pound of crab meat.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
1376604_10153413663440019_1426305020_n.jpg

52 here in Foley, up considerably from the 38 at 5 AM. We should top out at 66 today.
I was home from Doc's by 8:30 and fell asleep on the sofa by 10. Stumbled off to bed at 4:30 and actually got back to sleep. Was up at 8 (CST), so I guess I'm caught up from Halloween.

Morning all. Hoping for rain today but I'll believe it if it happens. Really REALLY enjoyed the extra hour sleep this morning and we'll be off to the early church service and then brunch shortly. Hope everybody has a great Sunday.

I remember seeing a documentary once where they said that the wise old owls weren't that wise. Their eyes take up so much space, their brains have to be really tiny to fit in there. Cat brains are very small too, they can't actually be bright. They're wild animals though and I think this particular cat just gets up that high before he realizes what happened and then he is afraid to make a move downward.
Crap. I have big eyes...this may explain some things :lol:

Actually cats are very smart but like humans some are brighter than others.

Crap. I have big eyes...this may explain some things :lol:
Owl eyes are like small bowling balls, yours?

Cat Intelligence Test

Cats are unquestionably smart creatures. Their intelligence, however, is not a matter of understanding complex human ideas, but how to get the food, attention, play and care they so need and desire. In other words, cats know how to "work the system” and use their natural survival skills, even in a domestic environment.

Of course, some cats are bound to be better problem solvers than others. How do you know if you’ve got a brainy feline? There are no scientific tests to measure feline IQ. You can, however, get a pretty good idea of how smart your cat is just by observing him. Here are some questions to help you assess your cat’s intelligence:

Cat IQ Test

I wouldn't consider them "very smart" rather wild and able to get themselves fed.

Forum List

Back