USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning folks! Happy Friday! Does anybody have any fun plans this weekend? It's Light Up Night here but I usually avoid the event because it gets so crowded, plus it's supposed to be bitterly cold tonight. I am attending a board game tourny tomorrow hosted by my best friend, it starts fairly early in the morning and lasts all day. Mimosas and board games sounds exactly what the doctor ordered.

My son has marching band semi-finals in the morning, and if all goes well, it will be on to Tropicana Field for finals tomorrow night...it could be a very loooong day.
marching_band-1264.gif

How cool! Do you know the music they will be performing? I've always been a huge fan of marching bands. I wish your son luck.

My sister was in the band and those competitions can really drag on. This was before smart phones so I brought a book to read during the frequent down times. lol

If you're familiar with the Blue Devils, my son's band instructor has taken a jazzy routine that they performed back in the 80's...he's a Sophomore, and I think this routine is even better than last year's and they went to finals then. We're keeping our fingers crossed...he's worked so hard all season. It starts in the summer with daily band camp, and then when school starts, they have practice M,T,Th, and Fri (if no home game) from 5-9, and competitions on Saturday. It's a lot of dedication, plus need to keep those grades up as well.

Blue Devils as in Duke? Or Blue Devils as in drum & bugle corp? We had a drum and bugle festival in our town in Kansas every year and got to see them frequently in that. They were awesome.

Good morning folks! Happy Friday! Does anybody have any fun plans this weekend? It's Light Up Night here but I usually avoid the event because it gets so crowded, plus it's supposed to be bitterly cold tonight. I am attending a board game tourny tomorrow hosted by my best friend, it starts fairly early in the morning and lasts all day. Mimosas and board games sounds exactly what the doctor ordered.

My son has marching band semi-finals in the morning, and if all goes well, it will be on to Tropicana Field for finals tomorrow night...it could be a very loooong day.
marching_band-1264.gif

How cool! Do you know the music they will be performing? I've always been a huge fan of marching bands. I wish your son luck.

My sister was in the band and those competitions can really drag on. This was before smart phones so I brought a book to read during the frequent down times. lol

If you're familiar with the Blue Devils, my son's band instructor has taken a jazzy routine that they performed back in the 80's...he's a Sophomore, and I think this routine is even better than last year's and they went to finals then. We're keeping our fingers crossed...he's worked so hard all season. It starts in the summer with daily band camp, and then when school starts, they have practice M,T,Th, and Fri (if no home game) from 5-9, and competitions on Saturday. It's a lot of dedication, plus need to keep those grades up as well.

Blue Devils as in Duke? Or Blue Devils as in drum & bugle corp? We had a drum and bugle festival in our town in Kansas every year and got to see them frequently in that. They were awesome.

Drum and Bugle Corp

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

ThanksgivingBlessings.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

marching_band-1264.gif

Very cool and sending positive vibes his way.

Both our kids were in marching and concert bands plus some orchestra, jazz band, and ensemble work. We, as band booster parents, logged a lot of miles going to their competitions, taking them to auditions, etc. Their band was selected to march in the Cherry Blossom Festival parade in Washington DC--all of our first trip there. Hombre and I of course made the trip as sponsors. And our band won the marching band competition that year, but were not allowed to accept the trophy because the state school board had decreed no out of state competition. It was great they won. It sucked that trophy isn't in the trophy case.

Thanks, Foxy. Yep, the life of a band parent can be a bit grueling. Plus, my son is also part of our county youth orchestra. He'll rejoin them now that band season is over. This single mom is sure hoping that in addition to academics, some music scholarships are in his future.:eusa_pray:
I feel for you. I had two in marching band and the all South Jersey band for a few years...it can be exhausting. But it's totally enjoyable as well. My daughter broke her arm the month of ASJ trials her year, she never got back into the swing after that :(

Good morning all. I'm sitting here looking at four cardboard boxes full of various receipts, miscellaneous notes, catalogues, and various junk that I need to go through. 95% of the stuff will be thrown away but I have to go through it to glean the 5% of stuff that we need to keep. Why do I do that to myself I ask?

Good morning all. I'm sitting here looking at four cardboard boxes full of various receipts, miscellaneous notes, catalogues, and various junk that I need to go through. 95% of the stuff will be thrown away but I have to go through it to glean the 5% of stuff that we need to keep. Why do I do that to myself I ask?
I have the same problem though I try to clear out the chaff before I make my paper piles....... which I eventually have to file.......
I hate filing.......

I have the same problem though I try to clear out the chaff before I make my paper piles....... which I eventually have to file.......
I hate filing.......

Yeah me too.

My worst problem is not taking the time to check each piece of paper to see if there is a phone number or other note that I need jotted on it before throwing it away. So I just set them all aside thinking I'll do that in a bit, but then don't get to it. So the chaff stays in the pile.

I need more discipline to do that culling right off the bat. This being President of the Procrastinators does have a down side.

I like my coffee black like my men.

I don't care about the color of my men or my coffee so long as they are sweet. :)
Awe.. a romantic. I haven't meet one of those in 10 years living in the ghetto.

I'm definitely a romantic. So much so I inadvertently get myself in trouble now and then. Especially with those who don't know me well and don't understand what I'm saying when I say some stuff. :)

Dobroye utro. More coffee!!!
Dobroya utka! Having another cup before I go out to my next flight. Four flights tonight, pretty average. Usually I'll sit in my truck and listen the news but, 1. Sat/Sun mornings are pretty poor news mornings, and 2. The news that is presented is repetitive, boring, and depressing. I think I'll come inside set a spell with y'all.

I don't care about the color of my men or my coffee so long as they are sweet. :)
I'm definitely a romantic. So much so I inadvertently get myself in trouble now and then. Especially with those who don't know me well and don't understand what I'm saying when I say some stuff. :)

Saying stuff is what I do all the time. The stuff just comes out like other stuff I know.

Do you write poetry?

Forum List

Back