USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning, folks. Woke up at 0200 and couldn't get back to sleep again... Looks like I get to have all the coffee I want today! :coffee:

You're too young to be having those kinds of syndromes Sixfoot. But welcome to the Coffee Shop insomniacs club anyway.
Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing...........
At least I slept even though I woke up every hour and had to get up twice to pee......

Yes me too. I have been consciously trying to readjust my sleep cycle back to something approximating what the rest of the world around here does. There's no reason to not sleep when I'm sleepy or be up when I'm not sleepy, but it leaves me out of everything else. :)

I tend to go to bed too late and get up to early. I also only require about 5 or 6 hours of sleep per night for some reason. I seem to sleep fine, and normally I fall asleep right away, but I automatically wake up without any alarm after about 5 or 6 hours. I have a VERY difficult time lying in bed and trying to sleep any longer than that. :dunno: Maybe I'm just weird. Lol!

I sleep about nine hours a night left alone, often straight through.
Braggart....... :eusa_whistle:

Service related? Take care.

Mostly, yeah. Ham was the first person I've said goodbye to who was able to have an open casket. Haven't been able to get him out of my head yet. Out of my three original battle buds, there's only one left.

Don't be shy about using the VA...I know it's a pain in the butt..

Seriously, that kind of thing can sneak up on you and overwhelm..

Mostly, yeah. Ham was the first person I've said goodbye to who was able to have an open casket. Haven't been able to get him out of my head yet. Out of my three original battle buds, there's only one left.

I surely agree to that. VA is only 10 minutes away, and the facility and staff are great. Have given me super service.

Lumpy!!!! Good to see you. It has been awhile. The last time you stayed away this long you had heart surgery. Hope this time you were doing something more fun.
Thanks Lady Foxfyre, we moved up to Oregon a while back to be with our grown children and their families, they have been keeping us busy. We are also looking for a home to buy and we gave away a lot of furniture in the move, looking for new and used stuff to fill the house rental. Hugs to you Darlin..

Well I hope you're enjoying that a lot. We don't dare try to move closer to our kids. Our daughter once urged us to move out to California with her and her ex--she wasn't ever going to leave. It wasn't three years before she was transferred to DC for several years. Our son wanted us to move to the Texas Panhandle to be close to them and then, for career reasons, had to put himself on the willing to transfer list which could take him almost anywhere. It probably won't happen but we're not willing to take that chance.

Good morning folks, got the tree up and much of the Christmas shopping done...hope yall had a productive weekend....

I do have most of my shopping done and the house cleaned good, which i like to do before i decorate..i plan on doing the tree and other decor this week.
We've spent the last few days cleaning, organizing and putting up shelving in the garage. Finally can get the new car into it, lol. That was our Christmas gift to each other a new Subaru Outback Premium in a pretty twilight blue color..love it! Oldest daughters car went to the grave yard so she got the older Outback.

Good weekend then!

Outside lights coming up this weekend...no theme, I'm not a decorator. but it'll do....
If the old cars have any life in them we usually do the same and pass them on to those who need them...

I wish I could get a car in my garage with some cleanup...but then would have to move boat outsiside...can't do that....:biggrin:

I'm eclectic in my decor..meaning whatever i like decor, lol.
Hubby has a small fishing boat but wants a bigger one. There is a space for RV's on the side of the garage we are thinking about putting up a roof shelter out there to protect a boat..maybe next spring. I enjoy fishing too and the grandkids will love it.

Would that be a sea going boat or you live near a lake?

Good morning folks, got the tree up and much of the Christmas shopping done...hope yall had a productive weekend....

I do have most of my shopping done and the house cleaned good, which i like to do before i decorate..i plan on doing the tree and other decor this week.
We've spent the last few days cleaning, organizing and putting up shelving in the garage. Finally can get the new car into it, lol. That was our Christmas gift to each other a new Subaru Outback Premium in a pretty twilight blue color..love it! Oldest daughters car went to the grave yard so she got the older Outback.

Good weekend then!

Outside lights coming up this weekend...no theme, I'm not a decorator. but it'll do....
If the old cars have any life in them we usually do the same and pass them on to those who need them...

I wish I could get a car in my garage with some cleanup...but then would have to move boat outsiside...can't do that....:biggrin:

Hubby has a small fishing boat but wants a bigger one. There is a space for RV's on the side of the garage we are thinking about putting up a roof shelter out there to protect a boat..maybe next spring. I enjoy fishing too and the grandkids will love it.

Lakes, The highland lakes of central Texas are all within easy driving distance....Right now it's hard to find a boat launch usable because of drought on some of them because they aren't constant level..the boat is a Z7 Nitro, not huge but all I can get in my two car garage, took some careful measuring to figure that out...

Thank you for your service, and sorry about that. :( I didn't realize that your trouble sleeping was related to your service.

Good Morning.....

It's finally warmed up again here in Central Florida. It's supposed to hit 84 today. Time to go out and have some fun. :) I hope everyone else does the same.

funny-dog-pics28.jpg

Good weekend then!

Lakes, The highland lakes of central Texas are all within easy driving distance....Right now it's hard to find a boat launch usable because of drought on some of them because they aren't constant level..the boat is a Z7 Nitro, not huge but all I can get in my two car garage, took some careful measuring to figure that out...

Well yeah. Unless you're on the Gulf, a Texan would logically fish in the lake. But Bonita indicates Northern California. So just curious if she's on the coast or inland.

Not too many New Mexicans own boats as we have the least surface water of any of the 50 states. But those who do are passionate about them.

Good weekend then!

Well yeah. Unless you're on the Gulf, a Texan would logically fish in the lake. But Bonita indicates Northern California. So just curious if she's on the coast or inland.

Not too many New Mexicans own boats as we have the least surface water of any of the 50 states. But those who do are passionate about them.

I'm having a heck of a time with the multiply reply, alert thing...lol

Good weekend then!

Yes, we all are and we all misread a multi-quote now and then. It just isn't as user friendly as the old software was....BUT....at least we have it. When they first opened up with this new software, we didn't have it at all. And that sucked as it was almost impossible to keep a cohesive conversation going.

Afternoon everybody.

I have been really sick since Nov. 15th.
I threw up stomach acid around 2:00 a.m. on Sat. morning November 15th and had to go the emergency room around 4:00 am. They said I had 2nd degree burns on my esophagus - it is very, very painful as I was getting treated for that I got a really bad head cold on top of that on Monday the 17th.
I am just starting to feel human again after feeling for about a week and a half of being hit by a Mac Truck.

I'm hoping to be good by Thanksgiving for our dinner. My milk still tastes like tin foil. YUK!

They put Hubby on a mild sleep aid and it helped a lot with sleeping but the night terrors too. We are very grateful to them for turning my husbands life to the better.

Good weekend then!

Don't think I've ever used the multiple reply, ever. :dunno:

Good weekend then!

I'm having a bit of an issue recognizing which post is being responded to..
Ours is a lake boat as their are many small lakes and reservoirs near here. Patio boats are big here too.

peach, I hope you are improving dramatically every day. Sounds terrible.

Thank you Jake and yes it is.
I have not been this sick for about 20 years. It's awful but I am getting better. :)

Ouch, what caused the problem? That sounds like really bad reflux to me, I've sometimes come close to throwing up because of mucus buildup from reflux, and I can easily imagine if I did finally reach that point that it might have a lot of acid in it.

Don't think I've ever used the multiple reply, ever. :dunno:

Probably none of the rest of us have either. But what we mean here by multi-quote, I think, are the nested quotes.

Forum List

Back