USMB Coffee Shop IV

peach, I hope you are improving dramatically every day. Sounds terrible.

Thank you Jake and yes it is.
I have not been this sick for about 20 years. It's awful but I am getting better. :)
I feel your pain, peach174 . I've had Barretts Esophagus for about 10 years and learned last week it's in a pre-cancerous condition. On Dec 11th the doc is doing a laser treatment on it and he said it will be cured for a while. Too many years with reflux and I was put on Nexium 5 years ago. Wish I had been aware years ago. Good luck to you.

Good to see you back Hossfly. My aunt here in Albuquerque was diagnosed with Barretts and pre-cancerous condition, but is now completely cured. So stay optimistic.

In advance of our family T'giving reunion, I've been watching some old VHS videos that I burned to DVD.
One is from when my son was HIS son's age (1 yr old). Hilarious stuff.

The only thing we have is some old movie film.....not easy to burn to DVD. I wish we had the VHS tape.
Must of been about 12 years ago i had my childhood 8mm reels transferred to DVD. There are business out there that do it. Not cheap..i think they charged me $150 or $175 for 6 reels and they put it to music of my choice too. I used the Dick Clark boxed set of oldies. They did a nice job.

In advance of our family T'giving reunion, I've been watching some old VHS videos that I burned to DVD.
One is from when my son was HIS son's age (1 yr old). Hilarious stuff.

The only thing we have is some old movie film.....not easy to burn to DVD. I wish we had the VHS tape.
Must of been about 12 years ago i had my childhood 8mm reels transferred to DVD. There are business out there that do it. Not cheap..i think they charged me $150 or $175 for 6 reels and they put it to music of my choice too. I used the Dick Clark boxed set of oldies. They did a nice job.
Oh ya ..i had 5 disc's made too for my Moma and siblings. So really that's not a bad price.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Peach174,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

ThanksgivingBlessings.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

peach, I hope you are improving dramatically every day. Sounds terrible.

Thank you Jake and yes it is.
I have not been this sick for about 20 years. It's awful but I am getting better. :)

Ouch, what caused the problem? That sounds like really bad reflux to me, I've sometimes come close to throwing up because of mucus buildup from reflux, and I can easily imagine if I did finally reach that point that it might have a lot of acid in it.

I don't know yet. I have a Docs apt next week and guess we will go from there about it.
I have never had this problem before in my life so I don't know anything about it yet. I only had it on that Sat. morning and have not had it happen since then so I will see what the doc says next week.
Maybe I drink too much grapefruit juice in the mornings. :)
I hope and pray that it is not a very serious problem and that it will never happen again. It is very painful.

On Saturday afternoon I took a huge pile of rotting timber to the local refuse centre that Jenna's been nagging me over. Before I collapsed the back seats in the car I remembered that my air rifle was in the boot/trunk, but instead of taking it indoors I slid it between the front seats and the collapsed seats in the back. I keep it in the car because I still shoot small game if I've got time after work in the summer months. Anyway, I got rid of the timber and began driving back. On the road out I spotted a load of pheasants dawdling about on the wasteground adjacent to the lane you take to exit the refuse centre. I stopped the car and looked around to make sure no-one was around, which there weren't, reached back for the pellet gun, opened the door and broke it over my knee to load it and took aim. I shot three pheasants in quick succession and took them home to hang in our new shed (the timber was from the one I tore down to make way for the new one, which cost an effing fortune!). We ate one last night and it was delicious. Strangely, I've never really been a big fan of pheasant because they're often quite dry and have a lot of small bones, but the one I shared with Lady Swagger yesterday evening was surprisingly succulant. I honestly don't wish to seem like I'm bragging about being quite well-off, in spite earning every penny, but some men of equal means consider it beneath them to harvest meat anywhere else besides the supermarket, but I don't because my father taught me that a man should be able to hunt and damn anyone who disagrees. I could skin a rabbit with a penknife by the time I was five-years-old.

Well I hope those pheasant were in season. You are right though that preparing them is a real art and they are very easily over cooked, but prepared correctly they can be wonderful eating.

They've been in season since the 1st of October. Interestingly, in some parts of the U.K. deer are officially categorised as vermin and can be hunted all year. Deer in the U.K. haven't had a natural predator since wolves were in the wild up until roughly four hundred-odd years ago, and the problem of deer destroying foliage in Scotland has become such a problem that the government is in the last stages of consulting landowners, gamekeepers and the public over reintroducing wolves and lynx back into the eco-system. So far the overall consensus appears to be in favour of such a move.

I'd love to see wolves run wild in Britain. Naturally, I'd support farmers who could produce evidence that justified shooting wolves who were interferring with their livestock, but to hear them howling among the Grampians, Cairngorms and Highlands would be something to cherish. Afterall, they were here before us.

Good morning, friends. Street are dry and traffic outside sounds a bit busy; it is almost the start of the business day. Gray and gloomy, should snow later in the day.

I'd love to see wolves run wild in Britain. Naturally, I'd support farmers who could produce evidence that justified shooting wolves who were interferring with their livestock, but to hear them howling among the Grampians, Cairngorms and Highlands would be something to cherish. Afterall, they were here before us.

Reintroduction of wolves have not been all that satisfying to anybody here. The newly established wolves often do not fare well in the wild and are observed in very bad shape. And those that get the hang of it too often find domesticated livestock--sheep, goats, cattle, horses--far easier to take than deer and elk and that has resulted in the farmers and ranchers taking matters into their own hands despite the wolves being a protected species.

Still, there is something in the human spirit that does emotionally exalt the wolf. Have you read any of Martin Bell's works? His "The Way of the Wolf", which really isn't about wolves, is incredible.

Forum List

Back