USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning, folks. Woke up at 0200 and couldn't get back to sleep again... Looks like I get to have all the coffee I want today! :coffee:

You're too young to be having those kinds of syndromes Sixfoot. But welcome to the Coffee Shop insomniacs club anyway.

Good morning folks, got the tree up and much of the Christmas shopping done...hope yall had a productive weekend....

The tree up? Nooooo, not until after Thanksgiving. But Hombre (Mr. Foxfyre) has a burr under his saddle to get ours up too just because we have some wrapped already. So if he is persistent, I'll probably give in.

Good morning folks, got the tree up and much of the Christmas shopping done...hope yall had a productive weekend....

I do have most of my shopping done and the house cleaned good, which i like to do before i decorate..i plan on doing the tree and other decor this week.
We've spent the last few days cleaning, organizing and putting up shelving in the garage. Finally can get the new car into it, lol. That was our Christmas gift to each other a new Subaru Outback Premium in a pretty twilight blue color..love it! Oldest daughters car went to the grave yard so she got the older Outback.

Morning, folks. Woke up at 0200 and couldn't get back to sleep again... Looks like I get to have all the coffee I want today! :coffee:

You're too young to be having those kinds of syndromes Sixfoot. But welcome to the Coffee Shop insomniacs club anyway.
Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing...........
At least I slept even though I woke up every hour and had to get up twice to pee......

On Saturday afternoon I took a huge pile of rotting timber to the local refuse centre that Jenna's been nagging me over. Before I collapsed the back seats in the car I remembered that my air rifle was in the boot/trunk, but instead of taking it indoors I slid it between the front seats and the collapsed seats in the back. I keep it in the car because I still shoot small game if I've got time after work in the summer months. Anyway, I got rid of the timber and began driving back. On the road out I spotted a load of pheasants dawdling about on the wasteground adjacent to the lane you take to exit the refuse centre. I stopped the car and looked around to make sure no-one was around, which there weren't, reached back for the pellet gun, opened the door and broke it over my knee to load it and took aim. I shot three pheasants in quick succession and took them home to hang in our new shed (the timber was from the one I tore down to make way for the new one, which cost an effing fortune!). We ate one last night and it was delicious. Strangely, I've never really been a big fan of pheasant because they're often quite dry and have a lot of small bones, but the one I shared with Lady Swagger yesterday evening was surprisingly succulant. I honestly don't wish to seem like I'm bragging about being quite well-off, in spite earning every penny, but some men of equal means consider it beneath them to harvest meat anywhere else besides the supermarket, but I don't because my father taught me that a man should be able to hunt and damn anyone who disagrees. I could skin a rabbit with a penknife by the time I was five-years-old.

Well I hope those pheasant were in season. You are right though that preparing them is a real art and they are very easily over cooked, but prepared correctly they can be wonderful eating.

Had them for about 5 years now. They'll likely never go away, but as long as there's coffee and ranch dressing in this world, I'll be alright. :up:

The tree up? Nooooo, not until after Thanksgiving. But Hombre (Mr. Foxfyre) has a burr under his saddle to get ours up too just because we have some wrapped already. So if he is persistent, I'll probably give in.
We usually wait until the day after Thanksgiving too but my oldest daughter is hosting Thanksgiving this year so we figured why not..It's nice to have the young ones start to take over some of the party throwing, lol.
I'll still most likely do a small turkey for a Sunday dinner between now and Christmas for the immediate family.

Had them for about 5 years now. They'll likely never go away, but as long as there's coffee and ranch dressing in this world, I'll be alright. :up:

That's terrible. I feel for you. I had trouble myself the other night, but that is not the usual for me. I usually sleep well. Maybe you need to change some of the things about your environment while you sleep. You'd be surprised how much some simple changes can help people to sleep better. :) Such as, getting yourself accustomed to sleeping without the television if you have been so conditioned, more darkness, not eating close to bedtime, not drinking things such as soft drinks, etc. Just some suggestions! I wish you luck! :)

I do have most of my shopping done and the house cleaned good, which i like to do before i decorate..i plan on doing the tree and other decor this week.
We've spent the last few days cleaning, organizing and putting up shelving in the garage. Finally can get the new car into it, lol. That was our Christmas gift to each other a new Subaru Outback Premium in a pretty twilight blue color..love it! Oldest daughters car went to the grave yard so she got the older Outback.

Good weekend then!

Outside lights coming up this weekend...no theme, I'm not a decorator. but it'll do....
If the old cars have any life in them we usually do the same and pass them on to those who need them...

I wish I could get a car in my garage with some cleanup...but then would have to move boat outsiside...can't do that....:biggrin:

At least I slept even though I woke up every hour and had to get up twice to pee......

Yes me too. I have been consciously trying to readjust my sleep cycle back to something approximating what the rest of the world around here does. There's no reason to not sleep when I'm sleepy or be up when I'm not sleepy, but it leaves me out of everything else. :)

That's terrible. I feel for you. I had trouble myself the other night, but that is not the usual for me. I usually sleep well. Maybe you need to change some of the things about your environment while you sleep. You'd be surprised how much some simple changes can help people to sleep better. :) Such as, getting yourself accustomed to sleeping without the television if you have been so conditioned, more darkness, not eating close to bedtime, not drinking things such as soft drinks, etc. Just some suggestions! I wish you luck! :)

Service related? Take care.

031aJust-not-right-4.jpg

I can't find it :crybaby:

Good weekend then!

Outside lights coming up this weekend...no theme, I'm not a decorator. but it'll do....
If the old cars have any life in them we usually do the same and pass them on to those who need them...

I wish I could get a car in my garage with some cleanup...but then would have to move boat outsiside...can't do that....:biggrin:

I'm eclectic in my decor..meaning whatever i like decor, lol.
Hubby has a small fishing boat but wants a bigger one. There is a space for RV's on the side of the garage we are thinking about putting up a roof shelter out there to protect a boat..maybe next spring. I enjoy fishing too and the grandkids will love it.

Yes me too. I have been consciously trying to readjust my sleep cycle back to something approximating what the rest of the world around here does. There's no reason to not sleep when I'm sleepy or be up when I'm not sleepy, but it leaves me out of everything else. :)

I tend to go to bed too late and get up to early. I also only require about 5 or 6 hours of sleep per night for some reason. I seem to sleep fine, and normally I fall asleep right away, but I automatically wake up without any alarm after about 5 or 6 hours. I have a VERY difficult time lying in bed and trying to sleep any longer than that. :dunno: Maybe I'm just weird. Lol!

I tend to go to bed too late and get up to early. I also only require about 5 or 6 hours of sleep per night for some reason. I seem to sleep fine, and normally I fall asleep right away, but I automatically wake up without any alarm after about 5 or 6 hours. I have a VERY difficult time lying in bed and trying to sleep any longer than that. :dunno: Maybe I'm just weird. Lol!

I sleep about nine hours a night left alone, often straight through.

I sleep about nine hours a night left alone, often straight through.

I could never sleep for that long, since I was a teenager! :lol: My dad was the same way as me. He only ever slept 5 or 6 hours per night, as far as I can remember. :) Occasionally I might sleep a bit longer, but not very often. I wish I could sometimes!

Put the tree up on Saturday and the Christmas town display. I will put up the window display on the coming Saturday.
Our tree will go up on the 5th. New DIL wants to help decorate and my sons gf, I usually put it up later but her day off is then.

I bought "ugly sweaters" for the girls...no one gets to play unless they wear their Christmas sweater :lol:

Forum List

Back