USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. I slept through the sign off again last night but nothing had changed on the list in the last 24 hours. Enjoying a good cup of coffee and a few minutes before we need to leave for church and brunch. And then will have to decide what I want to do with the rest of the day. Hope everybody is having a good Sunday.

For today's suggestion for Christmas gifts, could I interest anybody in these Dolce & Gibbons DG20278 sunglasses as a stocking stuffer? They are modestly priced at $383,609.99 and I believe shipping is free.

expensive_sunglasses.jpg
But if that doesn't quite fit your shopping budget, for that person who has everything, there are only 50 seats left on the Virgin Galatic space flights scheduled to launch in about 2 years. The tickets are discounted at $200,000 each. Treat that special person to a once-in-a-lifetime space adventure:

virgin_galactic.jpg

Seriously, if you were offered a seat on the maiden voyage on that private space flight, would you do it?
Damned straight!

I added a ROLL TIDE last night but must explain for those of you not familiar with real football.
Alabama is all about football. While there are some folk here that grew up in Mississippi who will root for Mississippi State or Ole Miss, a few from Louisiana who remain loyal to LSU and even some who favor the Florida Seminoles, Most everyone is either an Alabama or Auburn fan.
Last night was Iron Bowl; the yearly game between the two rivals. Alabama came in ranked #1 (as they should have been) and Auburn as #14.
Doc Holliday's was decorated in Crimson and white and orange and blue and by kick-off at 6:45 central, the bar was full of fans talking smack.
Alabama jumped out to an early lead despite blowing the opening kickoff. Auburn fumbled on their first play and 'Bama had 7 points a minute and a half later.
Bama built on their lead for a while until they seemed to take a vacation. Auburn was able to take a healthy lead that any real football fan knew wasn't going to last. It didn't.
The Tide rolled all over the War Beagles in the 4th quarter and hung on to win 55-44. Half the folks at Doc's were elated and half deflated, but everyone stood up for the National Anthem of the State of Alabama when it was done.

Seriously, if you were offered a seat on the maiden voyage on that private space flight, would you do it?
Damned straight!

I added a ROLL TIDE last night but must explain for those of you not familiar with real football.
Alabama is all about football. While there are some folk here that grew up in Mississippi who will root for Mississippi State or Ole Miss, a few from Louisiana who remain loyal to LSU and even some who favor the Florida Seminoles, Most everyone is either an Alabama or Auburn fan.
Last night was Iron Bowl; the yearly game between the two rivals. Alabama came in ranked #1 (as they should have been) and Auburn as #14.
Doc Holliday's was decorated in Crimson and white and orange and blue and by kick-off at 6:45 central, the bar was full of fans talking smack.
Alabama jumped out to an early lead despite blowing the opening kickoff. Auburn fumbled on their first play and 'Bama had 7 points a minute and a half later.
Bama built on their lead for a while until they seemed to take a vacation. Auburn was able to take a healthy lead that any real football fan knew wasn't going to last. It didn't.
The Tide rolled all over the War Beagles in the 4th quarter and hung on to win 55-44. Half the folks at Doc's were elated and half deflated, but everyone stood up for the National Anthem of the State of Alabama when it was done.

I prefer NFL. The best of the best. :D

Damned straight!

Only because your state has crap college football teams :D

Turkey #2 is in the oven and I'm off to Doc's to open up.
NASCAR is over for the season. It's a shame there will be no decent sports to watch on TV today. Maybe I can get some curling on BBC?

Damned straight!

Yes, but we have the Patriots. :D

Good afternoon. I hope everyone is having a great day thus far. I am watching football and preparing home-made chicken pot pies for dinner. Cheers!
Football is played on Saturday.

lol. I watched football all day yesterday. Pitt, Penn State, Iron Bowl, Ole Miss, and even Boise St. I plan on doing the same today but with the NFL.

Damned straight!

Yes, but we have the Patriots. :D

Who?

:D

Forum List

Back