USMB Coffee Shop IV

Living alone with six cats, one who is aptly named for Gen. W.T. Sherman, I am relieved of decorating. If I did put up a tree, a couple of my cats would be doing their best Hobbes imitations, too. Personally, I don't find chasing tree ornaments all over the house all that much fun, either, although some of my furry, four-legged roommates think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Weather's been cooler, hovering between 16 and low- to mid-20s. It even started snowing a teensy bit an hour ago. Just enough to hide the patchy ice on roads and parking lots, too!
School is over in two weeks. What ever will I do with my weekends? Never mind, I am so far behind with so many projects, I'm sure something will occur to me. I need to build my buddy's Christmas present. It's a large cribbage board complete with drawers and cup holders.
Hope everyone enjoys their day. Stay warm.

We have a few Christmas items here, the vast majority are still in storage. Guess I should put out what I have......

Last edited:
Living alone with six cats, one who is aptly named for Gen. W.T. Sherman, I am relieved of decorating. If I did put up a tree, a couple of my cats would be doing their best Hobbes imitations, too. Personally, I don't find chasing tree ornaments all over the house all that much fun, either, although some of my furry, four-legged roommates think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Weather's been cooler, hovering between 16 and low- to mid-20s. It even started snowing a teensy bit an hour ago. Just enough to hide the patchy ice on roads and parking lots, too!
School is over in two weeks. What ever will I do with my weekends? Never mind, I am so far behind with so many projects, I'm sure something will occur to me. I need to build my buddy's Christmas present. It's a large cribbage board complete with drawers and cup holders.
Hope everyone enjoys their day. Stay warm.
Cribbage is my daughters and my favorite game. We can play for hours and hours. What a cool gift

Morning SixFoot. I'm feeling the same way with just one Thanksgiving feast but life is good.

And as we are compiling the rest of our holiday meals. . .

1779294_704615179626672_383059111536200393_n.jpg

I did something for thanks giving this year that I don't think I've ever done before. shoveled snow.

walking in to town to get bagels this morning

the homestead

Beautiful! The snow looks so pretty until it gets all brown and disgusting.

That didn't happen to Spoonie much last year I don't think. He seems to live in the place that gets more snow than any of us.

I did something for thanks giving this year that I don't think I've ever done before. shoveled snow.

the homestead

That didn't happen to Spoonie much last year I don't think. He seems to live in the place that gets more snow than any of us.

Last year, we had huge piles of disgusting brown snow everywhere. You track that stuff into the house and it's all over your shoes. :cheeky-smiley-018: The back yard still looked pretty though. :)

Um, upper 20's...I would die.:lol:

I live in NE, so temps that cold are not unusual. If you dress for it, you can feel fine. It's not really so much the cold that gets to me as it is the wind. The winds here in the winter are just frigid. Brrrrr!
cold.gif

It is popular to say that it gets hot and it gets cold here but it is okay because it is a 'dry heat' or a 'dry cold'. Well let me tell you, 105 degrees of 'dry heat' is HOT. And 20 degrees of 'dry cold' in a 30 mph wind is COLD.

I live in NE, so temps that cold are not unusual. If you dress for it, you can feel fine. It's not really so much the cold that gets to me as it is the wind. The winds here in the winter are just frigid. Brrrrr!
cold.gif

It is popular to say that it gets hot and it gets cold here but it is okay because it is a 'dry heat' or a 'dry cold'. Well let me tell you, 105 degrees of 'dry heat' is HOT. And 20 degrees of 'dry cold' in a 30 mph wind is COLD.

One of my neighbor's brothers died in Arizona from exposure when he went camping ill equipped on a mountain in Arizona.

the homestead

Last year, we had huge piles of disgusting brown snow everywhere. You track that stuff into the house and it's all over your shoes. :cheeky-smiley-018: The back yard still looked pretty though. :)

I different take on watch out were the huskies go and don't you eat that...... brown snow........ :eusa_whistle:

cold.gif

One of my neighbor's brothers died in Arizona from exposure when he went camping ill equipped on a mountain in Arizona.
A lot of people underestimate the weather in the mountains and in the deserts. In the high mountains we can have snow up through June and in the deserts the temps can range from the 100s during the day to freezing at night.

Speaking of weather we're supposed to be in the high 60s today with a front moving in this afternoon. Winds expected to be in the 65 mph range, gusts up to 80 mph with temps dropping into the 30s. Right now it's 60 but there seems to be a cloud hanging over us with blue skies all around..... Not so ancient aliens.......? :lol:

cold.gif

I forget which comedian said it, but next time someone dismisses it as a dry heat, say, "Yeah? So's an oven!"

the homestead

they are salt and sand happy around here too. I hate it

cold.gif

A lot of people underestimate the weather in the mountains and in the deserts. In the high mountains we can have snow up through June and in the deserts the temps can range from the 100s during the day to freezing at night.

Yep. You learn to layer if you're going to be changing altitudes dramatically. There can be 6 or 8 feet of snow on the mountain tops and bare ground on the desert floor. We have three different weather reports for Albuquerque alone because of the sharp differences in elevation across the span of the city as well as it being affected according to how close you live to the mountain.

the homestead

Here too. I'll have to post some pictures when the snow arrives. We have only a dusting of snow on the ground leftover from Thanksgiving night.

the homestead

Here too. I'll have to post some pictures when the snow arrives. We have only a dusting of snow on the ground leftover from Thanksgiving night.
this one was kind of nice. they weren't ready with the sand and salt so everything is still nice and white

Forum List

Back