USMB Coffee Shop IV

I hope everyone's having a happy Thanksgiving!

Is sweet potato pie safe for cats?
Perfectly fine for dogs and cats. Matter of fact many vets recommend sweet potatoes (as well as other none meat/grain items) as a good addition to their diets.

I used to have a cat that liked cole slaw and another that liked olives. :lol:

I had a cat that LOVED pimento stuffed green olives. He would play with it, eat the pimento, play with it, eat the olive and beg for another.

I have a rabbit that loves chocolate. I'm not sure if that's normal. :lol: I had some Oreo cookies out, and he stuck his head in and ran off with one before I could even stand up.

Good food. Good company. Terrible Cowboys/Eagles game. Good movies. And now for a good night's rest.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Peach174,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

ThanksgivingBlessings.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

Good food. Good company. Terrible Cowboys/Eagles game. Good movies. And now for a good night's rest.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Peach174,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

ThanksgivingBlessings.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

Nightie night Foxfyre! Glad to hear you had a nice day! :)

Seems everyone here had a nice Thanksgiving. I work in an industry that runs24/7, 365 days a year. I've been fortunate the last few years because holidays fell on my weekend days. This year it's been my day to work while someone else got the holiday. It's not that big a deal for me, though, since I am by myself. I did treat myself to a pound of king crab legs with garlic butter. My daughter and her family went to Sochenda's for the weekend and I don't want to call while they're visiting. I'm sure I'll get a call after she's back home.
My first job tonight was to come out and power up a B747 that's been sitting here for three days. Then, I made a pot of coffee while I'm waiting for the crew to arrive. Gotta have priorities, you know. At least the heat comes on efficiently and fast.
For any of you braving the shopping hoardes Friday, enjoy. I have to go to the feed store and tank up my truck. Otherwise, I plan on staying away from every other retail outlet.
Happy Holidays to all!

I hope everyone's having a happy Thanksgiving!

Is sweet potato pie safe for cats?
Perfectly fine for dogs and cats. Matter of fact many vets recommend sweet potatoes (as well as other none meat/grain items) as a good addition to their diets.

I used to have a cat that liked cole slaw and another that liked olives. :lol:

I had a cat that LOVED pimento stuffed green olives. He would play with it, eat the pimento, play with it, eat the olive and beg for another.

I had a cat that loved eating jalapeños and drank tomato juice. His farts would clear everyone from the room. :biggrin:

Seems everyone here had a nice Thanksgiving. I work in an industry that runs24/7, 365 days a year. I've been fortunate the last few years because holidays fell on my weekend days. This year it's been my day to work while someone else got the holiday. It's not that big a deal for me, though, since I am by myself. I did treat myself to a pound of king crab legs with garlic butter. My daughter and her family went to Sochenda's for the weekend and I don't want to call while they're visiting. I'm sure I'll get a call after she's back home.
My first job tonight was to come out and power up a B747 that's been sitting here for three days. Then, I made a pot of coffee while I'm waiting for the crew to arrive. Gotta have priorities, you know. At least the heat comes on efficiently and fast.
For any of you braving the shopping hoardes Friday, enjoy. I have to go to the feed store and tank up my truck. Otherwise, I plan on staying away from every other retail outlet.
Happy Holidays to all!

Well, I know I won't be shopping today! :cheeky-smiley-018: I hate big crowds!

Okay all you sluggish over eaters, Up and at em!! Drop on the floor and give me twenty, full packs and gear, we're running Currahee

Happy Holidays to all!

Good morning all, and I'm with you GW. We're NOT doing the Black Friday thing today. Our family here is headed out for the zoo and aquarium later this morning. Hombre and I most likely won't join them though and will spend a day recuperating.
Okay all you sluggish over eaters, Up and at em!! Drop on the floor and give me twenty, full packs and gear, we're running Currahee

Twenty? We're going for one. . . .

Just settling in to a lovely hotel in Daphne after a great thanksgiving dinner with the twin and much of the rest of the family. LSU beat Texas A&M. Have to go back to pick up the mom in the am. She's in the guest bedroom at the twin's. I'm taking food back home with me.

I am so thankful for all of my blessings and home you all are similarly blessed. Xoxoxo
You're in Daphne and you didn't stop by Doc Holliday's????

Looked out the back door this morning and up on the second tier of the back yard was a long hair tuxedo cat scavenging what was probably the left over popcorn we toss out. I stepped out expecting the cat to take off, nope it came right over to me purring so loud I could hear it from across the yard and I realized it was still a kitten. Gave it some dry food which it dove into then would come over and rub up against me then back to the food. Gave it some half and half which again disappeared. It laid on the back door mat till I cracked the door and let it and my oldest cat "meet"....... not a good response by either. Closed the door and checked back 10 minutes later, the kitten was gone.

Happy Holidays to all!

Good morning all, and I'm with you GW. We're NOT doing the Black Friday thing today. Our family here is headed out for the zoo and aquarium later this morning. Hombre and I most likely won't join them though and will spend a day recuperating.

I would rather stab myself with an icepick than endure shopping hordes.

It's much more comfy to shop on the internets. I already for a fabulous deal on the "house present" that mr. boe and I agreed on for this year, so I'm done.

w00t! Which means I can just enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Looked out the back door this morning and up on the second tier of the back yard was a long hair tuxedo cat scavenging what was probably the left over popcorn we toss out. I stepped out expecting the cat to take off, nope it came right over to me purring so loud I could hear it from across the yard and I realized it was still a kitten. Gave it some dry food which it dove into then would come over and rub up against me then back to the food. Gave it some half and half which again disappeared. It laid on the back door mat till I cracked the door and let it and my oldest cat "meet"....... not a good response by either. Closed the door and checked back 10 minutes later, the kitten was gone.

Our first Siamese tom and one of our very favorite cats ever we got that way. Showed up as a tiny kitten in our driveway one morning. Of course we took him in, furnished food and water. When we were unable to locate an owner, he became ours.

Happy Holidays to all!

It's much more comfy to shop on the internets. I already for a fabulous deal on the "house present" that mr. boe and I agreed on for this year, so I'm done.

Hey Boe. Good to see you. We don't do the shopping thing except on the internet any more. We were all done a couple of weeks ago except for one last package that was backordered and I just checked. It is out for delivery today. With Amazon Prime we probably pay a little more for the stuff but save on shipping. And it is delivered to our front door in two or three days. The only thing I fear is that stores will eventually be obsolete and we won't be able to find one when we need one.

Happy Holidays to all!

Hey Boe. Good to see you. We don't do the shopping thing except on the internet any more. We were all done a couple of weeks ago except for one last package that was backordered and I just checked. It is out for delivery today. With Amazon Prime we probably pay a little more for the stuff but save on shipping. And it is delivered to our front door in two or three days. The only thing I fear is that stores will eventually be obsolete and we won't be able to find one when we need one.

J'adore Amazon Prime. It's somewhat of a rip off in that they adjust the prices so that they are slightly below competing Price+Shipping elsewhere...but it's So Convenient. Plus, they have excellent service if there is something wrong with an order.

I use the subscription service for vitamins and personal care items, which means extra discounts and less shopping hassles!

The rest of my holiday shopping is relatively easy. My extended family just exchanges token gifts of goodies (i.e., chocolate, wine)...and we give the nieces and nephews cash.

Forum List

Back