USMB Coffee Shop IV

There is no Thanksgiving where I am. Lunch was Chicken Biryani; dinner will be soup and salad. I am working all day, and working late because there is a quarterly meeting after work today.

You know, last year I went around and around with Nosmoking over businesses who stay open for Thanskgiving. He was opposed and I took a more live and let live approach to it. But watching Fox & Friends this morning, they were showing some of the major businesses that won't be staying open tomorrow so their employees can have a day off with family, and I found myself nodding in agreement and feeling all warm and fuzzy about those businesses. Which tells me that deep down I think folks should be able to be home on Thanksgiving if they want to. Just some of the big stores that have chosen to close this year:

Sams Club
Hobby Lobby
Chik-fil-a
Dillards
Home Depot
Costco
Ace Hardware
Barnes & Noble
Patagonia
Crate and Barrel
Neiman Marcus
GameStop
Nordstrom
Bed Bath & Beyond
Burlington Coat Factory
REI

And I think if these stores receive favorable publicity for this choice, it will set a new trend. And Esmeralda might not have to work on Thanksgiving.
I don't work for a retail outlet or a restaurant, so the ones you've listed here would not make an difference to me, if I were living in the States.

post 15,000?
You win the door prize.

texas-turkey_190_.jpg

Perfectly fine for dogs and cats. Matter of fact many vets recommend sweet potatoes (as well as other none meat/grain items) as a good addition to their diets.

Thanks for the info.

There was a slice left unattended at the edge of the table and she went hard at it, like she was starving - she ignored her cat food and even a catnip bribe!

Perfectly fine for dogs and cats. Matter of fact many vets recommend sweet potatoes (as well as other none meat/grain items) as a good addition to their diets.

Thanks for the info.

There was a slice left unattended at the edge of the table and she went hard at it, like she was starving - she ignored her cat food and even a catnip bribe!
A list of other items that are good for them;
  • Apples
  • Peas
  • Green beans
  • Popcorn (Hold the butter and salt!)
  • Carrots
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Zucchini and summer squash
  • Winter squash
  • Ice chips (Freeze cubes of diluted beef or chicken broth for a real frozen treat!)
  • Lettuces
  • Blueberries

By the way, the brown sugar "glaze" worked fine on the sugarless pies. Of course a gigantic helping of whipped cream per slice helps also....... :D

I hope everyone's having a happy Thanksgiving!

Is sweet potato pie safe for cats?

Never heard of that but have heard the contrary.
Cats are carnivores. I'd respect what Nature put there.

I used to have a cat that liked cole slaw and another that liked olives. :lol:

I used to have a cat that liked cole slaw and another that liked olives. :lol:

I had a cat that LOVED pimento stuffed green olives. He would play with it, eat the pimento, play with it, eat the olive and beg for another.

Just settling in to a lovely hotel in Daphne after a great thanksgiving dinner with the twin and much of the rest of the family. LSU beat Texas A&M. Have to go back to pick up the mom in the am. She's in the guest bedroom at the twin's. I'm taking food back home with me.

I am so thankful for all of my blessings and home you all are similarly blessed. Xoxoxo

Forum List

Back