USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think we should have an ugly sweater contest in the Coffee Shop. Here's my nomination:

ugly-sweater-19.jpg

Though I was also impressed by this one:

th

Here is mine

il_570xN.402458243_26xw.jpg

I hear ugly sweaters are hipster this year. Ugly is cool.

Are you going to wear one? :)

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Uncensored2008, Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

giphy.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

Actually my favorite version of Scrooge is the one with Albert Finney.

The scrooge with George C Scott was on the other day.

I think of all the versions, I like the rendition with George C. Scott the best but I like almost all of the various versions over the years. The GC Scott one was on like 3 a.m. this morning and I set the DVR to record it.

Scrooged with Bill Murray! Because, you know, Bill Murray! :D
Never been a big Murray fan, don't think he's all that funny. I do like many of the movies he's in but more so because of the other actors and the story line.

He every now and then does have a good role. I can't think of anybody else who would have played "Groundhog Day" as well. And "Scrooged" was pretty good actually. But some of his more iconic films such as "Caddy Shack" and "Stripes" I don't care for.

And good morning everybody. Up at 6 a.m. as the saga of the new refrigerator continues. Delivery was not yesterday as expected--after NUMEROUS telephone calls with some very clueless people at Lowe's, the evidence seems to be that they sold the refrigerator we bought--the last in stock--to somebody else. It was apparently never put on the truck for delivery, something their managers did not wish to admit. So Hombre is up before dawn ready to go to the store to do battle and I'm up in case he needs to call to confer on a different refrigerator. One of us needed to stay home to receive promised telephone calls that never seem to come.

Peeved is a mild term for our current attitude about all this.

This is a female....
FP-G.jpg

I know know this because I managed to buy 3..... freekin' 3..... sets of string lights with only female parts. The jokes have been endless, I had no idea my children knew so much :eek:

Our tradition includes A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim and I really like the Jim Carey animated version.

Like Bill Murray, Jim Carey is another actor that I enjoy in some roles but not all. He was excellent in "Bruce Almighty" and "Liar Liar" but some of his stuff is just too silly to be funny for me.

This is a female....
FP-G.jpg

I know know this because I managed to buy 3..... freekin' 3..... sets of string lights with only female parts. The jokes have been endless, I had no idea my children knew so much :eek:

ROFL. Been there done that. :)

I think we should have an ugly sweater contest in the Coffee Shop. Here's my nomination:

ugly-sweater-19.jpg

Though I was also impressed by this one:

th

Here is mine

il_570xN.402458243_26xw.jpg

I hear ugly sweaters are hipster this year. Ugly is cool.

Are you going to wear one? :)

All sweaters are ugly in my opinion. I can tolerate them when accompanied by sweater puppies...

Sweater puppies?

This is a female....
FP-G.jpg

You might also want to know you can save up to $500 in fifteen minutes with GEICO.

The scrooge with George C Scott was on the other day.

I think of all the versions, I like the rendition with George C. Scott the best but I like almost all of the various versions over the years. The GC Scott one was on like 3 a.m. this morning and I set the DVR to record it.

Scrooged with Bill Murray! Because, you know, Bill Murray! :D
Never been a big Murray fan, don't think he's all that funny. I do like many of the movies he's in but more so because of the other actors and the story line.

He every now and then does have a good role. I can't think of anybody else who would have played "Groundhog Day" as well. And "Scrooged" was pretty good actually. But some of his more iconic films such as "Caddy Shack" and "Stripes" I don't care for.
Groundhog Day, yes, didn't like Scrooged all that much and have yet to be able to sit though all of Caddy Shack or Stripes.

Forum List

Back