USMB Coffee Shop IV

I hope everyone is having a great day. I just finished the last the work before the guests arrive to Christmas party. I am beat already. lol

image.jpg

I promised a picture of the tree earlier this week. That isn't a real fire by the way. That is our computer monitor with a fire on loop. lol. Cheers to all you this evening!

Actually my favorite version of Scrooge is the one with Albert Finney.
Our tradition includes A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim and I really like the Jim Carey animated version.

I like the version from 1938 with Reginald Owen and Mrs. Robinson from Lost In Space.
I like that version also .. and not just because I have a crush on You ..:redface:

*blush* J'adore mon cher lumpikins! And have missed you - you've been far too quiet lately.
I haven't been since before they buried the old USMB, I'm not sure why but I know my heart just isn't in it as often anymore, I try but .. eh. On the other hand there are certainly people that I more than like that keep me hanging in there. Sheesh, I've turned into a no fun whiner...:eusa_doh: .. :laugh:

Our tradition includes A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim and I really like the Jim Carey animated version.

I like the version from 1938 with Reginald Owen and Mrs. Robinson from Lost In Space.
I like that version also .. and not just because I have a crush on You ..:redface:

*blush* J'adore mon cher lumpikins! And have missed you - you've been far too quiet lately.
I haven't been since before they buried the old USMB, I'm not sure why but I know my heart just isn't in it as often anymore, I try but .. eh. On the other hand there are certainly people that I more than like that keep me hanging in there. Sheesh, I've turned into a no fun whiner...:eusa_doh: .. :laugh:
Hey Lumpy! :party: :dance: :cheers2:

It's not as fun without Rep Comments. I miss those.

Decided to get myself a nice Christmas present, I'm going to buy the Tulle fusil-de-chasse musket kit. After doing some research and getting advice from gun building experts on the muzzelloading forum I'm on I'm going with the most correct kit from Pecatonica, the actual manufacturer that all the others use (except the ones made in India.....). One other plus is it's about $100 cheaper, no middleman.......

694e91_78eed6c2ddcc4575b0aedd385e5a21ae.jpg_srz_974_213_75_22_0.5_1.2_75_jpg_srz

If you like Bill Murray, check out his latest role in St. Vincent. He brings a unique brand of humor to a more serious role...brilliant acting, in my opinion.

I know that I've seen in something before, I just can't remember what it was. I think he was in an updated Scrooge movie or something, and he played the scrooge.

If you like Bill Murray, check out his latest role in St. Vincent. He brings a unique brand of humor to a more serious role...brilliant acting, in my opinion.

I know that I've seen in something before, I just can't remember what it was. I think he was in an updated Scrooge movie or something, and he played the scrooge.

LOL, that's what started this Bill Murray conversation, the movie Scrooged.

And wait, are you saying you never saw Ghostbusters?!

LOL, that's what started this Bill Murray conversation, the movie Scrooged.

And wait, are you saying you never saw Ghostbusters?!

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about Ghost Busters. I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid! :lol:

Update on the continuing saga of the new refrigerator. After Hombre went down there at the crack of dawn and confirmed that they had sold the refrigerator we bought to somebody else, they agreed he could pick out another of his choosing among the sale refrigerators. He chose a nice LG side by side--called me to describe all the features as I checked it out on line--and we agreed that is what we wanted. So they cancelled the original order, wrote up a ticket for the LG, he bought a 3-year-service contract that takes over when the warranty runs out, and they assured him it would be delivered within hours. Noon came. Two pm. Four pm. Several calls to Lowe's with assurances the fridge was on the truck and would be delivered.

Meanwhile the PNM folks were here at 2:30 to pick up the old refrigerator so all our cold stuff was sitting warming on the counter all that time.

Lowes shows up around 7:30 with what looked like our refrigerator. They set it up, got Hombre to sign off on the delivery, and left.

As I was loading the stuff into the fridge I saw immediately that it was not an LG. It was a GE. They sent us the wrong refrigerator. :(

Update on the continuing saga of the new refrigerator. After Hombre went down there at the crack of dawn and confirmed that they had sold the refrigerator we bought to somebody else, they agreed he could pick out another of his choosing among the sale refrigerators. He chose a nice LG side by side--called me to describe all the features as I checked it out on line--and we agreed that is what we wanted. So they cancelled the original order, wrote up a ticket for the LG, he bought a 3-year-service contract that takes over when the warranty runs out, and they assured him it would be delivered within hours. Noon came. Two pm. Four pm. Several calls to Lowe's with assurances the fridge was on the truck and would be delivered.

Meanwhile the PNM folks were here at 2:30 to pick up the old refrigerator so all our cold stuff was sitting warming on the counter all that time.

Lowes shows up around 7:30 with what looked like our refrigerator. They set it up, got Hombre to sign off on the delivery, and left.

As I was loading the stuff into the fridge I saw immediately that it was not an LG. It was a GE. They sent us the wrong refrigerator. :(
If he paid for a service contract for the LG, they are on the hook for the LG. That's poor management for that Lowes.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Uncensored2008, Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

giphy.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

If he paid for a service contract for the LG, they are on the hook for the LG. That's poor management for that Lowes.

I know Hoss, I know. . . .BUT. . . . you cannot imagine the hell we've been through with this the last two days. I don't know if I have the emotional strength to go through more hell to get them to fix it. I'm tempted to give them some really REALLY bad publicity though. But we do have to make sure the service contract we paid for will be valid should we have a problem.

Wonder who received the LG by mistake? Lowe's probably made two errors in deliveries. The problem is, they don't have salespeople. A salesperson would want to make sure their customer was taken care of from start to finish.

I'd be on the phone to the store manage, regional manager and contacting Lowes headquarters. Yup someone at that store is screwing up big time and management needs to fix the problem, with you the customer and internally at the point of failure.

Forum List

Back