USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think we should have an ugly sweater contest in the Coffee Shop. Here's my nomination:

ugly-sweater-19.jpg

Though I was also impressed by this one:

th

Here is mine

il_570xN.402458243_26xw.jpg

I hear ugly sweaters are hipster this year. Ugly is cool.

Are you going to wear one? :)

All sweaters are ugly in my opinion. I can tolerate them when accompanied by sweater puppies...

Sweater puppies?

Ringel? A little help here.

I think we should have an ugly sweater contest in the Coffee Shop. Here's my nomination:

ugly-sweater-19.jpg

Though I was also impressed by this one:

th

Here is mine

il_570xN.402458243_26xw.jpg

I hear ugly sweaters are hipster this year. Ugly is cool.

Are you going to wear one? :)

All sweaters are ugly in my opinion. I can tolerate them when accompanied by sweater puppies...

Sweater puppies?

Sweater puppies :)
Boobs

Actually my favorite version of Scrooge is the one with Albert Finney.
Our tradition includes A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim and I really like the Jim Carey animated version.

I like the version from 1938 with Reginald Owen and Mrs. Robinson from Lost In Space.
I like that version also .. and not just because I have a crush on You ..:redface:

*blush* J'adore mon cher lumpikins! And have missed you - you've been far too quiet lately.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Uncensored2008, Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

giphy.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

Foxy: I would appreciate having my Mom added to the list. She fell and screwed up her back. A lot of pain - I hope she recovers soon. It's hard to see her so immobilized and suffering.

Last edited:

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,

And the light is on awaiting the return of Uncensored2008, Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

giphy.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

Foxy: I would appreciate having my Mom added to the list. She fell and screwed up her back. A lot of pain - I hope she recovers soon. It's hard to see her so immobilied and suffering.

She's on the list as we speak Boe. I think I can safely say that we bear our own pain more easily than watching a loved one suffer.

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,

giphy.gif

Foxy: I would appreciate having my Mom added to the list. She fell and screwed up her back. A lot of pain - I hope she recovers soon. It's hard to see her so immobilied and suffering.

She's on the list as we speak Boe. I think I can safely say that we bear our own pain more easily than watching a loved one suffer.

Thank you, and you are wise as usual.

This is a female....
FP-G.jpg

I know know this because I managed to buy 3..... freekin' 3..... sets of string lights with only female parts. The jokes have been endless, I had no idea my children knew so much :eek:

It is, and she's polarized too.

Not hard to follow -- male goes into female. Or in sound reinforcement, male sends, female receives.

a20791b126a1b5a55cbe3b_m.JPG

Now in sound where things are going in one direction if you end up terminating in the wrong gender, you slap an adapter on it, commonly called a 'gender bender'. But with electricity like you have there, all you can do (fortunately) is buy three more male parts to service them and just have more lights. :)

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,

giphy.gif

Lord, grant Boedicca's mom restored health and bless her with more productive and meanful days ahead.

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,

giphy.gif

Lord, grant Boedicca's mom restored health and bless her with more productive and meanful days ahead.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,

giphy.gif

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are welcome. It is what we are supposed to do in the Coffee Shop and in life.

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,

giphy.gif

Foxy: I would appreciate having my Mom added to the list. She fell and screwed up her back. A lot of pain - I hope she recovers soon. It's hard to see her so immobilized and suffering.

She is added to our prayer list boedicca for a speedy and quick recovery.
Yes it is very hard to see our loved ones in pain because we can't do anything about it. I know all to well, because my husband has MS.

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,

giphy.gif

Yes it is very hard to see our loved ones in pain because we can't do anything about it. I know all to well, because my husband has MS.

Thank you - it's very heartwarming to see this support for my Mom's recovery. The Coffee Shop is a special place.

I'm sorry you're husband has MS, that is a tough thing to handle. Blessings for both of you.

Sunshine,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Tresha and hubby,
Mr. H and his friend,
strollingbones & hubby,

giphy.gif

Thank you - it's very heartwarming to see this support for my Mom's recovery. The Coffee Shop is a special place.

I'm sorry you're husband has MS, that is a tough thing to handle. Blessings for both of you.

No need to feel sorry for us Boe, but I understand what you meant and Thank You.
He is doing well enough at 67 and is not in a wheelchair yet, which is a blessing in it's self. He has been handling it for 40 years and me for almost 31 years.
It is when he is in so much pain that is hard.to deal with.

The scrooge with George C Scott was on the other day.

I think of all the versions, I like the rendition with George C. Scott the best but I like almost all of the various versions over the years. The GC Scott one was on like 3 a.m. this morning and I set the DVR to record it.

Scrooged with Bill Murray! Because, you know, Bill Murray! :D
Never been a big Murray fan, don't think he's all that funny. I do like many of the movies he's in but more so because of the other actors and the story line.

He every now and then does have a good role. I can't think of anybody else who would have played "Groundhog Day" as well. And "Scrooged" was pretty good actually. But some of his more iconic films such as "Caddy Shack" and "Stripes" I don't care for.
Groundhog Day, yes, didn't like Scrooged all that much and have yet to be able to sit though all of Caddy Shack or Stripes.

I'm not a huge fan of Caddyshack or Stripes, either.

But Ghostbusters, Groundhog day, his roles in various Wes Anderson films (The Life Aquatic, Moonrise Kingdom, etc.), he had a great little role in Zombieland, even things like Kingpin and Little Shop of Horrors.....I think he's been good a lot more often than not. :)

I think of all the versions, I like the rendition with George C. Scott the best but I like almost all of the various versions over the years. The GC Scott one was on like 3 a.m. this morning and I set the DVR to record it.

Scrooged with Bill Murray! Because, you know, Bill Murray! :D
Never been a big Murray fan, don't think he's all that funny. I do like many of the movies he's in but more so because of the other actors and the story line.

He every now and then does have a good role. I can't think of anybody else who would have played "Groundhog Day" as well. And "Scrooged" was pretty good actually. But some of his more iconic films such as "Caddy Shack" and "Stripes" I don't care for.
Groundhog Day, yes, didn't like Scrooged all that much and have yet to be able to sit though all of Caddy Shack or Stripes.

I'm not a huge fan of Caddyshack or Stripes, either.

But Ghostbusters, Groundhog day, his roles in various Wes Anderson films (The Life Aquatic, Moonrise Kingdom, etc.), he had a great little role in Zombieland, even things like Kingpin and Little Shop of Horrors.....I think he's been good a lot more often than not. :)
Now this is a lesser known AWESOME movie Murry is in as well as Duvall and Spacek.

Forum List

Back