USMB Coffee Shop IV

My guardian angel was working overtime yesterday. We had plans to have dinner at a restaurant in downtown Berkeley last night. Due to a home improvement project taking longer than planned, we ended up cancelling our reservation and getting Thai take-out. If we had gone, we would have been right in the middle of the tear gas melee of last night's "peaceful" riot. Yet another hijacking of a supposedly peaceful demonstration by the usual black masked anarchists....

Glad you missed that interesting experience Boe. We do live in interesting times. Not exactly exemplary ones sometimes, but interesting.

Update on the continuing saga of the new refrigerator. After Hombre went down there at the crack of dawn and confirmed that they had sold the refrigerator we bought to somebody else, they agreed he could pick out another of his choosing among the sale refrigerators. He chose a nice LG side by side--called me to describe all the features as I checked it out on line--and we agreed that is what we wanted. So they cancelled the original order, wrote up a ticket for the LG, he bought a 3-year-service contract that takes over when the warranty runs out, and they assured him it would be delivered within hours. Noon came. Two pm. Four pm. Several calls to Lowe's with assurances the fridge was on the truck and would be delivered.

Meanwhile the PNM folks were here at 2:30 to pick up the old refrigerator so all our cold stuff was sitting warming on the counter all that time.

Lowes shows up around 7:30 with what looked like our refrigerator. They set it up, got Hombre to sign off on the delivery, and left.

As I was loading the stuff into the fridge I saw immediately that it was not an LG. It was a GE. They sent us the wrong refrigerator. :(
I'd be on the phone to the store manage, regional manager and contacting Lowes headquarters. Yup someone at that store is screwing up big time and management needs to fix the problem, with you the customer and internally at the point of failure.

Well after researching everything yet again last night, the refrigerator they delivered is a somewhat superior model to the one we actually bought. So we decided to keep it. :) But Hombre will be at Lowe's first thing in the morning to ensure that our service contract is for the refrigerator they sent us instead of the one we bought. And yes, after this long unfunny comedy of errors, we are finally beginning to regain our perspective and look at it all more objectively. We'll make sure that somebody knows what we've been through but will give them props for at least attempting to correct the errors. It is the only bad experience we have ever had with Lowe's--all previous major purchases went off without a hitch and their contractors were great.

It does remind me of those times when I screwed up on the job in the past. And if I was going to make a mistake, I would make it and then the next one etc. with the same person until I had that person convinced I was a complete idiot. :)

Update on the continuing saga of the new refrigerator. After Hombre went down there at the crack of dawn and confirmed that they had sold the refrigerator we bought to somebody else, they agreed he could pick out another of his choosing among the sale refrigerators. He chose a nice LG side by side--called me to describe all the features as I checked it out on line--and we agreed that is what we wanted. So they cancelled the original order, wrote up a ticket for the LG, he bought a 3-year-service contract that takes over when the warranty runs out, and they assured him it would be delivered within hours. Noon came. Two pm. Four pm. Several calls to Lowe's with assurances the fridge was on the truck and would be delivered.

Meanwhile the PNM folks were here at 2:30 to pick up the old refrigerator so all our cold stuff was sitting warming on the counter all that time.

Lowes shows up around 7:30 with what looked like our refrigerator. They set it up, got Hombre to sign off on the delivery, and left.

As I was loading the stuff into the fridge I saw immediately that it was not an LG. It was a GE. They sent us the wrong refrigerator. :(
I'd be on the phone to the store manage, regional manager and contacting Lowes headquarters. Yup someone at that store is screwing up big time and management needs to fix the problem, with you the customer and internally at the point of failure.

Well after researching everything yet again last night, the refrigerator they delivered is a somewhat superior model to the one we actually bought. So we decided to keep it. :) But Hombre will be at Lowe's first thing in the morning to ensure that our service contract is for the refrigerator they sent us instead of the one we bought. And yes, after this long unfunny comedy of errors, we are finally beginning to regain our perspective and look at it all more objectively. We'll make sure that somebody knows what we've been through but will give them props for at least attempting to correct the errors. It is the only bad experience we have ever had with Lowe's--all previous major purchases went off without a hitch and their contractors were great.

It does remind me of those times when I screwed up on the job in the past. And if I was going to make a mistake, I would make it and then the next one etc. with the same person until I had that person convinced I was a complete idiot. :)

Remember Foxfyre things always happen for a reason. :)

But you will agree that sometimes the reason is that somebody was a complete idiot?

Been doing some major cleaning and I was finally able to rake the back yard of the leaves I didn't get to during the fall, which was all of them.......

Wonder who received the LG by mistake? Lowe's probably made two errors in deliveries. The problem is, they don't have salespeople. A salesperson would want to make sure their customer was taken care of from start to finish.

We thought about that too. Who got the refrigerator we were supposed to get?

But you will agree that sometimes the reason is that somebody was a complete idiot?

Yep I totally agree, but you got a better refrigerator out of it. Could have been that the one you wanted might have been a lemon - no way of knowing that now, but maybe down the road a ways you will know. :)

Yep I totally agree, but you got a better refrigerator out of it. Could have been that the one you wanted might have been a lemon - no way of knowing that now, but maybe down the road a ways you will know. :)

We do like the refrigerator we got. So we'll see what happens. Hombre talked to the guy who sold us the fridge we didn't get--he offered to swap it out and we said we would keep the one we had at the same price and he seemed to be okay with that and said he would put the right paperwork for the service contract in the mail to us. So if we get that, we should be okay. We'll see.

Oh- I have been so busy lately I forgot to tell everyone about my fiber optic exam and CAT scan last week.
Doc said that there is no real damage and that they could not find anything wrong as to why I threw up stomach acid. He said my stomach valve was fine and that I did not have a hiatal hernia. That was great news. :)
He said that since it has not happened since then it might have been because of my bad head cold, but not likely and he said to stop drinking grapefruit juice every day and to drink it maybe 2 times a week. He said that drinking too much citrus and meds are usually the cause of acid reflux
They said if it does happen again to come in and they would prescribe anti reflux medication.
I hope it never happens ever again.

Oh- I have been so busy lately I forgot to tell everyone about my fiber optic exam and CAT scan last week.
Doc said that there is no real damage and that they could not find anything wrong as to why I threw up stomach acid. He said my stomach valve was fine and that I did not have a hiatal hernia. That was great news. :)
He said that since it has not happened since then it might have been because of my bad head cold, but not likely and he said to stop drinking grapefruit juice every day and to drink it maybe 2 times a week. He said that drinking too much citrus and meds are usually the cause of acid reflux
They said if it does happen again to come in and they would prescribe anti reflux medication.
I always cut my juices in half, i.e. I add twice the water they say to add or if it's bottled juice I pour half in another container and add water to both containers till they're full, mostly because of the amount of sugars in the juices but also because of the acidity of citrus juices. Got that from a cellular biologist who also was a nutritionist.

I always cut my juices in half, i.e. I add twice the water they say to add or if it's bottled juice I pour half in another container and add water to both containers till they're full, mostly because of the amount of sugars in the juices but also because of the acidity of citrus juices. Got that from a cellular biologist who also was a nutritionist.
I can attest to the harm citrus juices will do. I once advised a Vietnamese Infantry Battalion in the Delta. I would eat chickens and pigs but I drew the line at snakes, lizards and monkeys. Pineapples were plentiful and I would eat a lot of them. It didn't help that I had to take a daily malaria pill named Dapsone and one day I got a scratch on my nose that got infected. My nose swelled up so big I couldn't see past it. After 4 or 5 days of suffering I had to call for a replacement and had myself evacuated to the hospital. Alas, no purple heart for that. :)

Great news Peach. I do have mild acid reflux issues and find that citrus juice does aggravate it at times while eating the fresh fruit--pineapple, oranges, grapefruit--does not. Why I don't know but if I am going to drink juice, I try to make it grape or apple or something other than citrus. Grapefruit plays badly with so many medications people take, that it is really good to look for that on the list of things you should avoid if you take this or that. I don't know the reason for that either.

45381.jpg

Finally caught up again! Praying for the new additions to the vigil. Hubby and I can be removed now. Thank you all for the support. He's passed the 30 day mark and seems strong. We've been geeking out over a new game he found, Arche Age, which is a lot of fun. I didn't even get dressed today, unless you count changing into a fresh set of PJs, so it was a great day!

Finally caught up again! Praying for the new additions to the vigil. Hubby and I can be removed now. Thank you all for the support. He's passed the 30 day mark and seems strong. We've been geeking out over a new game he found, Arche Age, which is a lot of fun. I didn't even get dressed today, unless you count changing into a fresh set of PJs, so it was a great day!

Will do Tresha and glad all is going well. I'll keep him on my private prayer list for the full 90 days though.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mr. H and his friend,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Uncensored2008, Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

giphy.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

Good morning, everyone! Hope all are doing well. Good advice on greatly limiting grapefuit and fruit juices in one's diet. We are on half caff for another two weeks, then off that. Holidays so chocolates are an issue, one that we generally ignore. Getting in a lot Britich police mystery series. We finished "Hinterland y gwyl", the prototype for "Broadchurch." Have a good week.

Whoopee! I just got the TV times for Christmas and I found 'skyfall' the latest James Bond film is showing on channel 3, Christmas eve.

Forum List

Back