USMB Coffee Shop IV

Alright, ladies, which of the two are you channeling?

10849858_844858685564640_5097486588985757103_n.jpg

Yesterday a coworker took it upon herself to drag out all the Christmas decorations at work. I assisted her with bringing some out. She put the tree together, checked the lights and went out to get replacements. Then it was time for the lights to go on the tree, she didn't want to do that. I really didn't either, but mentioned to the owner on a phone call that the coworker had started with decorating. He asked me to do the lights.

So I get the skirt under the tree after I moved it to where the boss wanted. Then put the lights on. Boss returns and makes a big deal about the lights and tree. Unfortunately, my friend was not given credit and so she is really mad at me. I told the boss what she had done a second time, but no appreciation given. :(

Problem is, she is mad at me.

I hear that. All you can do is explain. You can't make her accept the explanation though. :(

It was a blessing yesterday that we had a good talk and everything came out. The owner has missed several good morale booster projects she has done recently. This was just the last straw. All is good now.

Being able to read music is very helpful when subbing in a music class Mr. H. I must have subbed in just about any class a school taught. First grade was pretty wild for a high school teacher.

I really love our little community.
Christmas on Main, Light Parade top full holiday slate.
Christmas on Main Light Parade top full holiday slate - San Pedro Valley News-Sun News

On Sunday, Hombre and I went to brunch after the early church service and then bought gas--loving the lower gas prices!!!--and as we were just about to pull back out onto the main thoroughfare to go home, we were stopped by an official police volunteer and asked to wait just a few minutes for the 'Cops for Kids' parade to go by. We were the first car at the intersection and were shortly entertained by dozens and dozens of Albuquerque police cars and Sheriff's deputy cars going by with full lights and sirens. (The folks in the late service at our church, right by the street, must have though we were having a full fledged armed attack. :))

All the cars had kids in them and some got to operate the lights and sirens. The cops each take two or three underprivileged kids to Wal-mart where they are outfitted with new clothes, a back pack filled with some toys, books, and other things kids love. Each kid is allocated a $100 gift certificate for this but most, maybe all of the cops, supplement out of their own pockets so a kid might emerge the proud owner of a new bike. The kids are then taken to Furrs or some other fun place for lunch with the cops competently chaperoning. Warms the heart.

I am a bad bad person. If Samuel, that pompous blowhard kid, wins Master Chef Jr...I'm gonna barf. His head is already swelled with his self importance enough.

"pedestrian ingredients" :lol:

He does use words that would sound pretentious if an adult used them. Is the show rigged? I don't know. Professional reviewers don't seem to think so but a lot of the audience apparently does. I'll keep watching though.

Yesterday a coworker took it upon herself to drag out all the Christmas decorations at work. I assisted her with bringing some out. She put the tree together, checked the lights and went out to get replacements. Then it was time for the lights to go on the tree, she didn't want to do that. I really didn't either, but mentioned to the owner on a phone call that the coworker had started with decorating. He asked me to do the lights.

So I get the skirt under the tree after I moved it to where the boss wanted. Then put the lights on. Boss returns and makes a big deal about the lights and tree. Unfortunately, my friend was not given credit and so she is really mad at me. I told the boss what she had done a second time, but no appreciation given. :(

I hear that. All you can do is explain. You can't make her accept the explanation though. :(

It was a blessing yesterday that we had a good talk and everything came out. The owner has missed several good morale booster projects she has done recently. This was just the last straw. All is good now.

So I'm happy the sun came out for you really quick. All is well that ends well.

I seem to remember the warden telling my brother the very same thing ....

Just got back from the VA in Raton, with the initial work up, the doc was a half hour late getting to me the over to the hospital for x-rays then finally back home. Four hours total.......
Since I'm now in the New Mexico system I have to go to Albuquerque for Orthopedics, etc unless I decide to go back to the Colorado system. Let's see, two hours up to the Colorado Springs Clinic and three + hours to the Denver VA Hospital or thirty minutes to the Raton Clinic and three and a half hours to Albuquerque....... Besides the Raton Clinic is not crowded and the Albuquerque VA Hospital is supposed to be one of the best......... and not very crowded also.......

Just got back from the VA in Raton, with the initial work up, the doc was a half hour late getting to me the over to the hospital for x-rays then finally back home. Four hours total.......
Since I'm now in the New Mexico system I have to go to Albuquerque for Orthopedics, etc unless I decide to go back to the Colorado system. Let's see, two hours up to the Colorado Springs Clinic and three + hours to the Denver VA Hospital or thirty minutes to the Raton Clinic and three and a half hours to Albuquerque....... Besides the Raton Clinic is not crowded and the Albuquerque VA Hospital is supposed to be one of the best......... and not very crowded also.......

Have you tried the new VA clinic here in Colorado Spring? Quite the place ....

LOL. Welcome Spare_Change. Everybody, SC is a relative newcomer to USMB but I have been enjoying his posts around the board. He's another one of us history buffs and knows his stuff. And has a sense of humor too. :)

Another Coloradoan huh? We'll we need more mountain states representation. So drag up a chair or something. We're happy you found us and hope you find a happy refuge here from the craziness out there when you need it.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:
SuperStock_1598R-129624.jpg

LOL. Welcome Spare_Change. Everybody, SC is a relative newcomer to USMB but I have been enjoying his posts around the board. He's another one of us history buffs and knows his stuff. And has a sense of humor too. :)

Another Coloradoan huh? We'll we need more mountain states representation. So drag up a chair or something. We're happy you found us and hope you find a happy refuge here from the craziness out there when you need it.

Thank you for the warm greeting. As for all that other stuff she said, don't you believe a word of it ...

And the drink ... what's that ring at the bottom? Seems there is more than hot chocolate in that glass.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you ....

Thank you for the warm greeting. As for all that other stuff she said, don't you believe a word of it ...

And the drink ... what's that ring at the bottom? Seems there is more than hot chocolate in that glass.

Not sure. Now darn it. I need to go make hot chocolate and serve it in a clear glass or cup to see if that ring forms.

Not sure. Now darn it. I need to go make hot chocolate and serve it in a clear glass or cup to see if that ring forms.

How about if I just drink it and let you know?

Well that would be good too....but....but.... I want an excuse to make hot chocolate. :)

Well that would be good too....but....but.... I want an excuse to make hot chocolate. :)

Geesh ... spoil my fun .... unless, of course, you need a taster.

Have you tried the new VA clinic here in Colorado Spring? Quite the place ....
That's where I was supposed to go today but changed my appointment to Raton, NM. Been waiting for them to open the new clinic but discovered the clinic in Raton a couple of weeks ago and changed, it's much closer.

One of our very best friends, practically an adopted daughter a bit younger than you, was an emergency room doctor at the VA here up until early this year--she was forced to retire due to a chronic medical condition. She is of the opinion that the VA hospital here does as good a job as any but she has horror stories to tell about all of them. She is still feeling like a fish out of water as a retiree and hasn't yet chosen what niche she wants to fall into, but she is not missing that hospital job at all.

Forum List

Back