USMB Coffee Shop IV

stool+sample.bmp

Started watching Canadas history (part 4) about the French and Indian War followed by the PBS The War that changed America then finally The Revolution. Yup the War that Changed America and The Revolution were two different wars....... :eusa_whistle:
Well wanting my musket kit for Christmas and watching these shows re-instilled my first historical love, the American Colonial era soooo, I started pricing out a 1750s, 60s civilian outfit. Well getting almost everything via the primary supplier of colonial era clothing and almost everything else adds up to almost a grand, before taxes and shipping so now I'm investigating making my own which would cost a quarter of that amount.

Just got back from the VA in Raton, with the initial work up, the doc was a half hour late getting to me the over to the hospital for x-rays then finally back home. Four hours total.......
Since I'm now in the New Mexico system I have to go to Albuquerque for Orthopedics, etc unless I decide to go back to the Colorado system. Let's see, two hours up to the Colorado Springs Clinic and three + hours to the Denver VA Hospital or thirty minutes to the Raton Clinic and three and a half hours to Albuquerque....... Besides the Raton Clinic is not crowded and the Albuquerque VA Hospital is supposed to be one of the best......... and not very crowded also.......

Have you tried the new VA clinic here in Colorado Spring? Quite the place ....
That's where I was supposed to go today but changed my appointment to Raton, NM. Been waiting for them to open the new clinic but discovered the clinic in Raton a couple of weeks ago and changed, it's much closer.

I've used both ... the new one in Colorado Springs is quite a revelation. Good luck wherever you go.

Started watching Canadas history (part 4) about the French and Indian War followed by the PBS The War that changed America then finally The Revolution. Yup the War that Changed America and The Revolution were two different wars....... :eusa_whistle:
Well wanting my musket kit for Christmas and watching these shows re-instilled my first historical love, the American Colonial era soooo, I started pricing out a 1750s, 60s civilian outfit. Well getting almost everything via the primary supplier of colonial era clothing and almost everything else adds up to almost a grand, before taxes and shipping so now I'm investigating making my own which would cost a quarter of that amount.

You should take up chasing women --- pretty sure it's cheaper!

You should take up chasing women --- pretty sure it's cheaper!
But deadlier....... Lorena Bobbitt would have nothing on my wife........ :eusa_whistle:

Oh and I already have many thousands of dollars in both Civil War and WWII clothing, arms, accoutrements and personal items. Living history is a passion with me, my "hobby" and my escape.

So tell us a bit about yourself spare change. Obviously you spend time in couch cushions and pants pockets about to go into the washing machine...

So tell us a bit about yourself spare change. Obviously you spend time in couch cushions and pants pockets about to go into the washing machine...
One of my favorite activities !!!

Not much to tell --- born and raised 90 miles from the center of the universe - otherwise known as Lambeau Field. 20 Air Force vet - wounded in Viet Nam (zigged when I shoulda zagged). After I got out, 6 of us started our own company - we built satellites for the government. Sold the company at age 50 --- did the retirement thing - played golf in 38 states and 18 countries. Got totally bored, so started a construction company in Brazil - lot of fun, but it failed (more than rewarded by the sights on the beaches!!). So, retired again --- been working for a couple charities -

Now, I'm down to playing golf (game is too damn slow), chasing women (they're too damn fast), and convincing my wife to let me do both (a full time job).

Last edited:

Sherry, the Queen of post and run...

But she can find the dangdest things to post :)

It's one of my stupid human tricks...along with being a kick ass Boggle player.:banana:

Boggle huh? I can beat just about anybody at Zuma except for one niece-in-law in Texas.

It's one of my stupid human tricks...along with being a kick ass Boggle player.:banana:

Boggle huh? I can beat just about anybody at Zuma except for one niece-in-law in Texas.

Rookie.

Rookie.

Nay. Think one of the top ten people I know who play--and I know at least eleven people who play.

Rookie.

Nay. Think one of the top ten people I know who play--and I know at least eleven people who play.

Hmph!! I used to be rated No. 2 in the country - but the other guy died!

Well to be fair here's my story. Born a cat, learned English and gained access to the internet. The rest is history.

Forum List

Back