USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, I got done with a second pinata for the little one today. It was much better than the first. I used a long balloon and just made it into a snake.

I just got done a few minutes ago making her a castle out of a large box and some plain wrapping paper. It was much more work than it sounds, probably because I have little skill for crafts. Still, it turned out decently enough, even if it is a bit plain. She'll be able to decorate it when I give it to her, either drawing on it or putting on stickers, which she loves to do.

Now the question is will she love them, or will they be no more than a momentary distraction? :dunno:

I'm off to do a 3 in the morning load of laundry. Mystic has decided that she no longer wants the nice cushy pile of baby blankets she used to sleep on, so I'll clean them and put them away until she changes her mind.

:( Having a cat is not easy. Hobbes is out in the woods again. I can hear him, like last time, but after calling and calling and then traipsing through the woods even after dark looking for him in the jungle, I can't see where he is. Then it started raining. At some points I thought he was moving because the direction of his voice seemed to change but by then it was so dark I was probably just disoriented.

Unless he figures his way out I'll have to wait for morning to figure out where he is. And I have to leave town tomorrow.

::sigh::

Hobbes is quite and independent little fellow, now isn't he.....

I hope you find him, Pögochen.

Just had one of the most intensive workouts of my life. Arms about to fall off. lol.

But it's a great way to pump out stress. :D

Actually, I can think of much better ways to pump out stress...if it's your arms that are about to fall off:D

Oh, you naughty, naughty boy.

Now my virgin brain is no longer virgin.

:D

Sending out a special little prayer for Hobbes' safe return.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ringel and his family in transition and post surgery healing for Mrs. Ringel
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
Sheila's impending surgery,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Awesome class tonight. I did witness something which I wasn't happy about, though. A mother and her daughter, who is nine. Girl didn't have her hair tied back, and mum was going off at her for not packing her hair brush, so mum had to use her fingers to put u her kids hair. Daughter must have said something about forgetting her brush, and mum slapped her on the thigh.
Why couldn't mum have just tied the kids hair up before she left? Instead of humiliating her poor child like that. :(

Woke up early, did 10 laps in the pool. Getting back into breast stroke again. Definitely uses different muscles in both arms and legs. I am going to vary my routine as much as I can as well as try to add more laps over time. Breathing has improved but it still needs work if I am going to extend the sessions.

Have a good Thursday, everyone. :)

Woke up early, did 10 laps in the pool. Getting back into breast stroke again. Definitely uses different muscles in both arms and legs. I am going to vary my routine as much as I can as well as try to add more laps over time. Breathing has improved but it still needs work if I am going to extend the sessions.

Have a good Thursday, everyone. :)

:thup:

:( Having a cat is not easy. Hobbes is out in the woods again. I can hear him, like last time, but after calling and calling and then traipsing through the woods even after dark looking for him in the jungle, I can't see where he is. Then it started raining. At some points I thought he was moving because the direction of his voice seemed to change but by then it was so dark I was probably just disoriented.

Unless he figures his way out I'll have to wait for morning to figure out where he is. And I have to leave town tomorrow.

That vagabond, Hobbes. I'm sure he'll come back, but I can understand Pogo's frustration leaving him out when he's going out of town, especially if he has wild animals near by that could hurt him. Hope Hobbes comes back before he leaves.

Last edited:
Good-Morning-With-Roses.jpg

They finished putting in our new AC unit yesterday afternoon, and it sure made for a comfortable night, last night. Thank God for air-conditioning, especially in Texas....I can't imagine how people made it without AC, in years past.....:eek:

That vagabond, Hobbes. I'm sure he'll come back, but I can understand Pogo's frustration leaving him out when he's going out of town, especially if he has wild animals near by that could hurt him. Hope Hobbes comes back before he leaves.

Well I've at least located the little guy this morning, and he's in a spot I never could have seen last night and can barely see now. Once again he's climbed a tall tree, sat down and realized he can't get down. This time he's even higher than before, must be 30-40 feet up, and there's no way I can reach him with anything. I can't keep calling the fire department every time this happens.

On the plus side he's not lying injured somewhere, and the jungle growth is so thick up there that I can't believe he doesn't have multiple branch routes out if he chooses one. Maybe this is just the time for him to learn self-reliance :(

I guess I failed to pass on my acrophobia gene.

It's been threatening to storm - lots of wind and clouds - maybe that will give him incentive. Otherwise I'm kinda helpless. All I can do now is stand at the back door, ring the dinner bell and call out "Hobbes! I got seventy cans of cat food here. You hear me? Seventy!"

Last edited:
Good Morning Everybody!

I have four boxes left to unpack and I'm done with that part of things. I finally went to the store and got grocies for the new place.

Cookies for breakfast today, oh yeah.

What a freakin relief to be all moved. Gosh I'm so happy!

Forum List

Back