USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm beginning to wonder if Purgatory actually exists and we're in it now...... the Purgatoire River does run through town........ we're doing penance for something.......
Yeah it's been a frustrating and tiring day.

Well you should make yourself hot chocolate, pop popcorn, and watch a feel good movie tonight I think.

Don't really like hot chocolate, popcorn is okay on occasion and I killed a boatload of pixels rather than watch a movie.......
I'm heating some all beef hotdogs, comfort food, shoulda picked up some tater chips to put on the hotdogs. :thup:

I found out today that Gandalf the Pigeon did not make it. Their vet tried..but he was too far gone to be helped so they put him down. :(

Ah well. At least he spent his last hours with people who cared and could help him leave the world painlessly and not cruelly starving and dying of thirst.

UssVaXO-1.jpg

I would have given it to the kid

Me too.

I'm beginning to wonder if Purgatory actually exists and we're in it now...... the Purgatoire River does run through town........ we're doing penance for something.......

Well you should make yourself hot chocolate, pop popcorn, and watch a feel good movie tonight I think.

Don't really like hot chocolate, popcorn is okay on occasion and I killed a boatload of pixels rather than watch a movie.......
I'm heating some all beef hotdogs, comfort food, shoulda picked up some tater chips to put on the hotdogs. :thup:

Do you own a mandolin? They make great homemade potato chips.

I found out today that Gandalf the Pigeon did not make it. Their vet tried..but he was too far gone to be helped so they put him down. :(

Ah well. At least he spent his last hours with people who cared and could help him leave the world painlessly and not cruelly starving and dying of thirst.

May he return to Middle Earth.

Pardon my ignorance, can you translate this please. Last time I checked a mandolin was a musical instrument.

Pardon my ignorance, can you translate this please. Last time I checked a mandolin was a musical instrument.
Guess ya push the potatoes through the strings to slice them...... :dunno:

Whew! Spent many hours these past few days with a broken B777. Seems they had a catastrophic engine failure, did an emergency diversion. With only two engines, when one fails, they look for the closest airport that can handle that size airplane...that's us! I don't think I'd want to be a passenger flying from LA to Taipei and have an engine fail. I have an idea about what happened, but until the investigation is finished, nothing is conclusive. Me, I'm betting turbine fuel just doesn't have the same lubricating characteristics as oil...could be just me, though.

And for the household tip of the day (with a disclaimer that for all I know this could dissolve or explode your CD or DVD so try at your own risk):

1) Toothpaste: Buff a CD/DVD
Apply toothpaste to a cotton ball and wipe the disc. Wash with water afterwards and you’ve got a brand new dis
c!

If somebody tries this and it works, would you report in please?

I've heard you can polish silver with toothpaste. It has to be the paste though, not gel.

I like to put jalapeno cheese dip on my hot dog! Yum! :)

:lol:

Cute! It's a kitchen gadget that cuts things really thin.

Products4046-800x800-588130.jpg

:lol:

Cute! It's a kitchen gadget that cuts things really thin.

Products4046-800x800-588130.jpg

Bingo. I get ours out when I need to slice a large number of veggies for a big occasion or something and it also makes the best cut potatoes for hash browns ever. It's very fast and very effective and efficient and it will cut fingers quite handily if one does not use the safety device to push the veggies across the blade.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max and Mrs. Ernie,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
Gracie's Moki,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

nature-landscapes_widewallpaper_winter-light_16627.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back