USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning folks! I hope everyone is having a great day so far. I have quite a bus day ahead for me at the house. I have guests staying with us for the next four days so I have to make sure the house is polished and the pantry stocked. I haven't decided what dinners I'll make but I am leaning towards hearty meals and served family style. I am very excited but I have loads to accomplish before they arrive tomorrow. Cheers!

I just watched the SOTU speech. I'm really ready for bed now! *** yawn *** Good night everybody. Why does listening to politicians (any of them) make me so sleepy?
Let me tell ya about somethin' you might find a little more interesting. I'll be heading down to Dubuque to Roeder's Outdoor Power, Friday, to pick up a new, (old), 2012 John Deere X720. Pretty big machine for a lawn tractor but, I'm getting a new hydro turn plow on it too for the driveway, and I'll be getting a rototiller attachment for the back this spring. Nice machine, only 209 hours on it and they gave me a hellova deal. Here's it is. It's still upstairs in storage in these pics from yesterday, and doesn't have the new JD plow on it yet... what'a ya think?

I love it, 7. It has the perfect sized seat for two. Daisy Mae and and 007. Let's put the Harley up for the day and have fun on this new deal?? :eusa_dance:
Sounds good to me my little chickadee. I'll pull the wagon with a cooler full of beverages... :beer:

I'm hoping to get new checks from my new bank by Friday, or I'm going to have to get a cashiers check to pay for the thing. I didn't expect any major money lay outs right now so I transferred the bulk of my money to the new bank. Too late to move it back now, they put a hold on it. Minor glitch. Hopefully the new checks will show up.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I just watched the SOTU speech. I'm really ready for bed now! *** yawn *** Good night everybody. Why does listening to politicians (any of them) make me so sleepy?
Let me tell ya about somethin' you might find a little more interesting. I'll be heading down to Dubuque to Roeder's Outdoor Power, Friday, to pick up a new, (old), 2012 John Deere X720. Pretty big machine for a lawn tractor but, I'm getting a new hydro turn plow on it too for the driveway, and I'll be getting a rototiller attachment for the back this spring. Nice machine, only 209 hours on it and they gave me a hellova deal. Here's it is. It's still upstairs in storage in these pics from yesterday, and doesn't have the new JD plow on it yet... what'a ya think?

I love it, 7. It has the perfect sized seat for two. Daisy Mae and and 007. Let's put the Harley up for the day and have fun on this new deal?? :eusa_dance:
Sounds good to me my little chickadee. I'll pull the wagon with a cooler full of beverages... :beer:

I'm hoping to get new checks from my new bank by Friday, or I'm going to have to get a cashiers check to pay for the thing. I didn't expect any major money lay outs right now so I transferred the bulk of my money to the new bank. Too late to move it back now, they put a hold on it. Minor glitch. Hopefully the new checks will show up.

Good deal babe. Don't forget some munchies, You know how I get, when my libation intake has been fast and furious on wild rides. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Good morning folks! I hope everyone is having a great day so far. I have quite a bus day ahead for me at the house. I have guests staying with us for the next four days so I have to make sure the house is polished and the pantry stocked. I haven't decided what dinners I'll make but I am leaning towards hearty meals and served family style. I am very excited but I have loads to accomplish before they arrive tomorrow. Cheers!
Menus for four days:

Chicken and dumplings

Chili con carne

Beef stew

Roast Pork tenderloin

I'll be over tonight!

Good deal babe. Don't forget some munchies, You know how I get, when my libation intake has been fast and furious on wild rides. :D
Porterhouse steaks on the Weber after the ride. We'll both be hungry... :lol:

Just finished clearing the snow from the back door area, both vehicles and around the vehicles. We picked up around four inches, thankfully on the low side of what they were predicting but it was windy for a while so there was an eight inch drift between the car and the truck. I'll take a break and go back out later and work on the driveway, could feel the strain on the groin muscles, they haven't completely healed yet.

Good morning everybody. I stayed up late watching movies last night and slept in a long time this morning. Now deciding if I'm going to install the new computer monitor that taunts me from its box on the floor beside me. After the nightware with the printer yesterday, I'm not looking forward to it.

The high winds they forecast hit us late evening--gale force and scary in the night. The temps had just dropped below freezing but the winds did tear the predicted snow hole in the storm so again just a dusting of snow. Now just under 30 degrees, overcast, and freezy but that's probably all the precip we're going to get.

So.....more coffee and contemplation re the monitor.

Been there. Done that. Hearty casseroles are usually the easiest way to go, but for a crowd we have standard breakfasts with bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, and sometimes pancakes or we make breakfast burritos.

Lunch - cold cuts with plenty of fresh lettuce, tomato, chips, and maybe some interesting finger foods.

Dinner - something that doesn't require a great deal of time in the kitchen.
1. Make a huge Caesar salad and order in pizza and bread sticks.
2. 2 x 4 soup with cornbread and maybe a great gelatin salad.
3. Hamburger potato casserole served with finger veggies and dip.
4. Open face enchiladas

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
It's bright and shining out, no clouds in the sky and the temp is around 0 degrees. Supposed to get up to the high 20s today, by the weekend we'll be back up into the high 40s.

Brrr.
Not really, up at this altitude under full sun it's rather warm. I finally finished shoveling and had to take the heavy coat off. Had on sweat pants and a t-shirt with a watch cap plus there was no wind. The neighbor came over and helped me shovel, that was nice.

No rain yet, but it's raining in New Orleans now and headed ENE. may just slide to the north. Weatherman says 20% chance.

Mrs. Ernie is working on year end books and needs to head to the bar. I'll drop her off, but I do not intend to even go inside. I NEED a day away from there.

Dancing in the clouds.... This isn't me, but I've done similar many, many times.... Crank up the music and just...play....

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Did you pay mom her $125?
Over the past six years, I've paid every vet bill, every dog groomer bill, bought her every bite of food she has eaten and paid for six dog licenses. Meanwhile, Daisy spends every Friday night and Sunday afternoon at the Big House with Mom. Daisy goes along when Mom visits friends. Meanwhile, I go shopping for Mom and her grocery bill is always at least $20 cheaper than what I pay. "How much do I owe you?" she asks.

I know that I spent $35.00 and I'll tell her "Oh, twenty ought to do it." I'll answer.

So...no you didn't pay her the $125. ;)

Near 80 again today here in Flawduh. Don't hate me....but I was by the pool.

Marvelous. :)

pools_mosaicist-architectural-mosaic_miami_fl_1114l.jpg

Did you pay mom her $125?
Over the past six years, I've paid every vet bill, every dog groomer bill, bought her every bite of food she has eaten and paid for six dog licenses. Meanwhile, Daisy spends every Friday night and Sunday afternoon at the Big House with Mom. Daisy goes along when Mom visits friends. Meanwhile, I go shopping for Mom and her grocery bill is always at least $20 cheaper than what I pay. "How much do I owe you?" she asks.

I know that I spent $35.00 and I'll tell her "Oh, twenty ought to do it." I'll answer.

So...no you didn't pay her the $125. ;)
Over the past six years, I estimate I've paid her about $1,250!

Looks wonderful WQ but we don't really want weather like that this time of year. We NEED winter here. However, the wind has laid, the temp is hovering around 34 degrees and that's likely to be the max for today, the sun is out off and on among a few residual clouds, and most of the snow has melted--just a few patches visible here and there. Will be very cold tonight. Hot chocolate weather (with little marshmallows in it Sherry. :))

Looks wonderful WQ but we don't really want weather like that this time of year. We NEED winter here. However, the wind has laid, the temp is hovering around 34 degrees and that's likely to be the max for today, the sun is out off and on among a few residual clouds, and most of the snow has melted--just a few patches visible here and there. Will be very cold tonight. Hot chocolate weather (with little marshmallows in it Sherry. :))

I like the mini marshmallows, but I prefer to put a big blob of Fluff in my hot chocolate. :tongue:

Forum List

Back