USMB Coffee Shop IV

Looks wonderful WQ but we don't really want weather like that this time of year. We NEED winter here. However, the wind has laid, the temp is hovering around 34 degrees and that's likely to be the max for today, the sun is out off and on among a few residual clouds, and most of the snow has melted--just a few patches visible here and there. Will be very cold tonight. Hot chocolate weather (with little marshmallows in it Sherry. :))

I love the high desert, Foxy. You live in God's Country. :)

Got a call earlier today, automated VA medical reminder of an appointment I didn't know I had, tomorrow morning........ at the Albuquerque VA Center.........

Well, I carried the three doggies to my buddy the vet's place for boarding and left the house this morning at 0930. It's now 1700 and I've been here in Rochester, MN for about 2 hours. I brought Mrs. BBD up so they could evaluate her right knee at the Mayo Clinic for a knee replacement. Her appointment is tomorrow morning at 1030. My guess is they will give her a cortizone shot and then have her come back in a couple two or three months to make the final decision but you never know. Her right knee is shot and she wants the same doctor who did the knee replacement on her left knee to do the right knee. Guess we will find out how it all goes tomorrow morning during the appointment. Had an easy trip up here as it's only 308 miles from home. Guess it's time to go find some supper. I'm getting a bit on the hungry side. Hoping I can get back home tomorrow evening before dark. Will post more when I know more and get back home.

Looks wonderful WQ but we don't really want weather like that this time of year. We NEED winter here. However, the wind has laid, the temp is hovering around 34 degrees and that's likely to be the max for today, the sun is out off and on among a few residual clouds, and most of the snow has melted--just a few patches visible here and there. Will be very cold tonight. Hot chocolate weather (with little marshmallows in it Sherry. :))

I like the mini marshmallows, but I prefer to put a big blob of Fluff in my hot chocolate. :tongue:

I like the fluff too, but all I have is Cool Whip and that just isn't the right kind of fluff for hot chocolate.

I love the high desert, Foxy. You live in God's Country. :)

I do. But so do you. And so do those who live in the upper mid west or in New Jersey or Texas or Arizona or the west coasters. Each area has its own wonderfulness and every place has something to not like so much. I would love living near the ocean, for instance, but I don't want the crowds or the humidity or the lack of four distinct seasons. The high desert is very short on ways to be close to visible water. I miss living in areas where there are green fields and soil so rich that you need to jump back after you put the seeds in the ground. But I don't miss the extreme heat and extreme cold and golf ball sized hail and tornado warnings so much.

I guess we are all blessed to live in a place we like. Otherwise we would all be jammed into one little area and would ruin it for everybody. :)

P1060357.JPG

Have an appointment tomorrow to be shown how to fit my new contact lenses. I am getting new glasses as well, the contacts I will use mainly for karate tournaments. I get the new glasses next week.

Last week when my mates and I wen to Inflatable World, I ended up with a pretty nasty burn on my elbow, which I found out was a second degree superficial partial thickness burn. Long name eh? That's according to google and the pharmacist I decided to go and see. I have been looking after it, keeping it covered, changing the dressing daily, and I removed it today to have a look at it, and it has almost healed! It is still quite deep a wound, but fresh skin is growing quite nicely around the edges so I think I might leave the dressing off for now. Its no longer an open wound, thank goodness.

Hope all is well with everyone. :)

I found a product at Squalid-Mart I like, it's their brand, a small bake at home multigrain loaf (a little bigger than the little loaf at Outback)....... Hot with lots of butter........
Qh
I found a product at Squalid-Mart I like, it's their brand, a small bake at home multigrain loaf (a little bigger than the little loaf at Outback)....... Hot with lots of butter........
Whoowhee! I like those Outback loaves! Too bad we don't have a Squalid-Mart up this way.

Have an appointment tomorrow to be shown how to fit my new contact lenses. I am getting new glasses as well, the contacts I will use mainly for karate tournaments. I get the new glasses next week.

Last week when my mates and I wen to Inflatable World, I ended up with a pretty nasty burn on my elbow, which I found out was a second degree superficial partial thickness burn. Long name eh? That's according to google and the pharmacist I decided to go and see. I have been looking after it, keeping it covered, changing the dressing daily, and I removed it today to have a look at it, and it has almost healed! It is still quite deep a wound, but fresh skin is growing quite nicely around the edges so I think I might leave the dressing off for now. Its no longer an open wound, thank goodness.

Ouch! Sounds painful! How did that happen?

Bright and sunny here this morning, but chilly in the low 20s. We haven't gotten hardly any snow at all this year, but I think we are expected to get some this week some time but only a couple of inches. Last winter, we were literally bombarded with the stuff. At this time last year, there were huge snow banks all over the place! I'm not really that sorry because the snow tends to make everything that you have to do more difficult and time consuming.
Sunny here, too, but single digit temps. Girls gotmhot mash for breakfast this morning.

You're in Alaska you said, didn't you? Is it dark there during the day at this time of year? When does that happen and for how long does it last?
Sunrise in these parts right now is about 9:41 am, sunset: about 4:40 pm. The temps have been in the teens the past day and it's snowing right now.

Bright and sunny here this morning, but chilly in the low 20s. We haven't gotten hardly any snow at all this year, but I think we are expected to get some this week some time but only a couple of inches. Last winter, we were literally bombarded with the stuff. At this time last year, there were huge snow banks all over the place! I'm not really that sorry because the snow tends to make everything that you have to do more difficult and time consuming.
Sunny here, too, but single digit temps. Girls gotmhot mash for breakfast this morning.

You're in Alaska you said, didn't you? Is it dark there during the day at this time of year? When does that happen and for how long does it last?
Sunrise in these parts right now is about 9:41 am, sunset: about 4:40 pm. The temps have been in the teens the past day and it's snowing right now.

Do the really short days ever bother you? I always hated having to go to work in the dark and arriving home in the dark.

Eons ago a friend of mine shared a room with a guy who had gotten high as a kite, hopped on his Harley wearing only shorts and ran from the cops when they tried to stop him for speeding. He lost control at a high rate of speed, needless to say there wasn't much left of his skin that wasn't covered in road rash. All he did was lay in his hospital bed and moan all day and night. My friend finally got tired of it and had them move him to another room.

Got a call earlier today, automated VA medical reminder of an appointment I didn't know I had, tomorrow morning........ at the Albuquerque VA Center.........

Hope it goes well. Keep us posted.
It's just to get fitted for another Borg device....... :eusa_whistle:
Thanks. :D

A Borg device? Should I ask what that is? :D
Fusion-knee-brace-2.png

I already wear one on my left knee. Now i get to wear one on my right knee.
I figure with both on I'll get dressed up like an old time cowboy, hide them under some batwing chaps, that way people won't ask why I'm walking bowlegged......... :D

Eons ago a friend of mine shared a room with a guy who had gotten high as a kite, hopped on his Harley wearing only shorts and ran from the cops when they tried to stop him for speeding. He lost control at a high rate of speed, needless to say there wasn't much left of his skin that wasn't covered in road rash. All he did was lay in his hospital bed and moan all day and night. My friend finally got tired of it and had them move him to another room.

Ouch. That must be terribly painful.

Forum List

Back