USMB Coffee Shop IV

Picture time! :D

Snapshot_20150215_12.JPG

Snapshot_20150215_10.JPG

Snapshot_20150215_9.JPG

Finally they're starting to talk on TV about a problem about one third of everyone suffers from (didn't know it was that many). Sensitivity to scents, (perfumes and colognes), how prevalent they are in so many different products. Of course the docs are suggesting "polite" ways to let people know you have these medical sensitivities. I generally start out with that but if someone refuses to take the hint (like a co-worker) I then become "less polite"......
I'm finding a lot of medical/dental offices and hospitals are banning the use of perfumes and colognes by employees while on the job.

Lol. I'm guilty of perfume wearing! :D I try to not use TOO much though. Some women leave a cloud of the stuff behind them. Lol.
Even a small amount in an enclosed space gives me an instant headache, makes me irratable and wipes me out energy wise and there are people who are affected much worse than I am.

Finally they're starting to talk on TV about a problem about one third of everyone suffers from (didn't know it was that many). Sensitivity to scents, (perfumes and colognes), how prevalent they are in so many different products. Of course the docs are suggesting "polite" ways to let people know you have these medical sensitivities. I generally start out with that but if someone refuses to take the hint (like a co-worker) I then become "less polite"......
I'm finding a lot of medical/dental offices and hospitals are banning the use of perfumes and colognes by employees while on the job.

Lol. I'm guilty of perfume wearing! :D I try to not use TOO much though. Some women leave a cloud of the stuff behind them. Lol.
Even a small amount in an enclosed space gives me an instant headache, makes me irratable and wipes me out energy wise and there are people who are affected much worse than I am.

So . . . you want to ban perfume? :D

Good morning everybody. Looking at Chris and the folks enduring yet another terrible blizzard and bitter cold in the northeast compared to our bright blue sunny skies and predicted high of 70 today--really seriously not good for us this time of year--it just doesn't seem fair.

We played hooky from church this morning--Hombre has a bad cold and I wasn't feeling all that good myself. But this too shall pass. Coffee is helping.

We're supposed to get ANOTHER snowstorm on Wednesday. Can you believe it? :rolleyes-41:

I like Giorgio. It smells great. :) Just a squirt or two will do ya good. :D

Only if ya don't want sex..........

A few more . . .

View attachment 36829

The next couple are from my bathroom on the 2nd floor . . .

View attachment 36830

View attachment 36831

I had to open my window, so the pictures are through the screen only, kind of hard to see.

Wow Chris. When we lived up on the mountain, we could have three or more feet of snow on the ground, but it looks like you have more than that there. And with still more coming, what a nightmare.

Hey, look at these! :lol: J/K. :tongue:

41onG3Je3OL._SX300_.jpg

Personally I'd have no problem with banning it but that's just me...........
Did you know why people started using perfume? It was to cover up the body odors because people didn't bath as often.

A few more . . .

View attachment 36829

The next couple are from my bathroom on the 2nd floor . . .

View attachment 36830

View attachment 36831

I had to open my window, so the pictures are through the screen only, kind of hard to see.

Wow Chris. When we lived up on the mountain, we could have three or more feet of snow on the ground, but it looks like you have more than that there. And with still more coming, what a nightmare.

There are some snow banks (granted, they are due to plowing) that are almost 2 stories high. Later on, I might go outside and take some pictures, but it is REALLY hard to get out in my back yard, as you can see. I went out this morning because the bird feeder was frozen, so I had to shake it up to loosen up some food for the birdie birds. Snow was almost up to my waist.

Did you know why people started using perfume? It was to cover up the body odors because people didn't bath as often.

Yes, in the Victorian days. I've read about that before. I don't know how sensitive you are to it, but I also get headaches from certain kinds of perfume. Other kinds are not as strong, so they don't bother me. The only kind of perfume I wear is Giorgio because, as long as you only use one or two squirts, you might not be able to smell it unless you were sniffing me. Lol.

41onG3Je3OL._SX300_.jpg
Actually doesn't help, the smell still gets through, I'd need a respirator.

North-Full-Face-Respirator.jpg

41onG3Je3OL._SX300_.jpg
Actually doesn't help, the smell still gets through, I'd need a respirator.

North-Full-Face-Respirator.jpg

:lol:

Yes, in the Victorian days. I've read about that before. I don't know how sensitive you are to it, but I also get headaches from certain kinds of perfume. Other kinds are not as strong, so they don't bother me. The only kind of perfume I wear is Giorgio because, as long as you only use one or two squirts, you might not be able to smell it unless you were sniffing me. Lol.
In fairly open areas, unless someone bathed in perfume, it doesn't bother me, up close and personal...... No way.

In fairly open areas, unless someone bathed in perfume, it doesn't bother me, up close and personal...... No way.

Yeah, some people just wear way too much, and now we have that terrible smelling "Axe" cologne and body spray for men. Ugh. I hate the smell of that. I like the old Drakkar for men. That smells fantastic and it has a more mild smell.

Drakkar-Noir-Guy-Laroche-6.7-ounce-Eau-de-Toilette-Spray-for-Men-L10927913.jpg

Forum List

Back