USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, hey, I thought it was a funny joke. I hope Sherry does to. It meant nothing. Her comment about a bear made me think of the big bears that sold out for Valentine's Day. That is all. It wasn't meant to be a snide remark.

And nobody took it that way. We're joking with you yanno. :)

Well, I know I can be pretty sarcastic and snide in the political parts of the forum, but I wouldn't do that here. It was just meant to be a friendly joke. I don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I'm being a jerk in some way. :)

No worries, Chris,:) Most people in the CS know that WQ and I live in the same neck of the woods. He spoiled me all weekend...and I'm grateful that he didn't get me any stuffed animals.:D

Sorry Hon.....you spoke too soon. This one should arrive via UPS on your doorstep any day. :D

BoJoe-stuffed-animals-28921023-1829-2560.jpg

The ear hair makes him adorable.:lol:

Guys I'm feeling like something the cat dragged in and really need to go take a hot shower and get to bed. So I'm gonna call it a night early and sign off now. But never fear. I shall return. Hold the fort and all that. . . .

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
GW's daughter's friend Sachendra,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Haven't posted in a couple of days so I thought I would catch everybody up on what's been going on. First of all, it's been quite cold here in northwestern Illinois. The horse-drawn sleigh ride I was scheduled to take Mrs. BBD on for Valentine's Day had to be rescheduled because the temp was -5 and too cold for both humans and horses to be out playing in. It was also -5 when I woke up this morning. Later, after church, it had warmed up to a balmy "0". Mrs. BBD and I stayed home all day on Valentine's Day and I have to tell you, that lady is very resourceful when it comes to finding ways to celebrate a holiday. Won't say why but I'm still smiling. The weather here has been very cold and most people are staying home and inside out of the weather. Except for going to church this morning, I haven't been more than 20 feet away from the coffee pot in several days now. There really isn't much news to tell except I'll be glad when Valentine's Day rolls around next year!

Haven't posted in a couple of days so I thought I would catch everybody up on what's been going on. First of all, it's been quite cold here in northwestern Illinois. The horse-drawn sleigh ride I was scheduled to take Mrs. BBD on for Valentine's Day had to be rescheduled because the temp was -5 and too cold for both humans and horses to be out playing in. It was also -5 when I woke up this morning. Later, after church, it had warmed up to a balmy "0". Mrs. BBD and I stayed home all day on Valentine's Day and I have to tell you, that lady is very resourceful when it comes to finding ways to celebrate a holiday. Won't say why but I'm still smiling. The weather here has been very cold and most people are staying home and inside out of the weather. Except for going to church this morning, I haven't been more than 20 feet away from the coffee pot in several days now. There really isn't much news to tell except I'll be glad when Valentine's Day rolls around next year!
I have a feeling that everywhere (most) people are trapped by the snow we'll see a sharp increase in births in nine months.......... :eusa_whistle:

Two days ago it was in the 70s, right now it's in the upper twenties and there's already an inch of snow on the ground. Not expecting the massive amounts the northeast is getting, Wednesday it'll be back up in the 40s and 60s by Thursday. We'll be in El Paso Wednesday through Friday with temps there in the mid to upper 70s.

Ugh, it looks as though our external hard drive is dying. I've been able to pull some of the stuff off it (it will connect at times, but is inconsistent) but it has more on it than I have free space on my pc's. I tried pulling it from the enclosure and plugging it into my pc, just to test if it might be a problem with the enclosure rather than the drive itself, but my pc wouldn't boot with it plugged in. I wasn't trying to boot to the external drive, just have it plugged in to look at the files while running through my normal drive. I got an error message about 4th master drive or something, so annoying.

I wonder if I should just buy a new internal HD and plug it into this enclosure? Maybe that's a cheaper alternative. I hate when HDs die! :mad:

Later tonight the kitchen will smell like steak........ :eusa_whistle:

You're making me hungry with all your talk about bacon and steak. I'm going to have to log off and make myself something now. :D

I'm thawing out some steaks to make chicken fried steak and fried taters to serve with sweet potatoes and other veggies a bit later.
That's not steak, it course ground hamburger........ :D

In this case it is a tenderized top round steak, exquisitely seasoned, lightly breaded, and fried to exactly the right texture and golden brown, complimented by a wonderful cream gravy with little fat content. Melt in your mouth goodness.

Yum! That sounds delicious!

Well, hey, I thought it was a funny joke. I hope Sherry does to. It meant nothing. Her comment about a bear made me think of the big bears that sold out for Valentine's Day. That is all. It wasn't meant to be a snide remark.

Well, I know I can be pretty sarcastic and snide in the political parts of the forum, but I wouldn't do that here. It was just meant to be a friendly joke. I don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I'm being a jerk in some way. :)

No worries, Chris,:) Most people in the CS know that WQ and I live in the same neck of the woods. He spoiled me all weekend...and I'm grateful that he didn't get me any stuffed animals.:D

Sorry Hon.....you spoke too soon. This one should arrive via UPS on your doorstep any day. :D

BoJoe-stuffed-animals-28921023-1829-2560.jpg

I can't see the picture, but I imagine it's a giant bear? Lol.

Guys I'm feeling like something the cat dragged in and really need to go take a hot shower and get to bed. So I'm gonna call it a night early and sign off now. But never fear. I shall return. Hold the fort and all that. . . .

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
GW's daughter's friend Sachendra,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Hope you feel better today Foxy! :) Remember . . . lots of water and orange juice. :D

Ugh, it looks as though our external hard drive is dying. I've been able to pull some of the stuff off it (it will connect at times, but is inconsistent) but it has more on it than I have free space on my pc's. I tried pulling it from the enclosure and plugging it into my pc, just to test if it might be a problem with the enclosure rather than the drive itself, but my pc wouldn't boot with it plugged in. I wasn't trying to boot to the external drive, just have it plugged in to look at the files while running through my normal drive. I got an error message about 4th master drive or something, so annoying.

I wonder if I should just buy a new internal HD and plug it into this enclosure? Maybe that's a cheaper alternative. I hate when HDs die! :mad:

Not much is more annoying than computer problems!

Download and burn a bootable (ISO) copy of Mac Pup Linux (it runs on RAM), make sure your computer is set to boot from the optical drive first and your external is connected then boot with Mac Pup in the drive. When it's running it should see the external and what's on it, you can then pull as much off that HD as hasn't been corrupted and lost. Have a bunch of thumb drives ready.

Good morning everybody. Cooler and overcast this morning--low 30's--but the forecast is dry - dry - dry. They probably are getting a dusting on the mountain but nothing significant. Looks like everything in the mid section of the country from Arkansas east to the coast will be getting the worst of it today.

I'm feeling quite a bit better but not 100%. Have a meeting at 11 that won't take long. We got everything tidied up for the housecleaning crew who will arrive in an hour or so. Coffee is good this morning. Hope everybody is having a good Monday and will have a good week.

Well thanks for finally outing the two of you in the Coffee Shop so I can stop biting my tongue. :)

That's right, it was officially mentioned on Sgt_Gath's American Sniper movie review thread American Sniper US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum ...followed by some inquisitive PMs.;)

Well I didn't know anything about the movie thread when I got suspicious. I was just really happy that my instincts proved to be right. :)

67, headed for the low 70's today in Foley. Cloudy and rather still out there, but, actually feels pretty good. Good chance of rain this afternoon.
Have not heard from or about Shannon. Hopefully he made it to Pensacola to catch his bus and is safe in Texas with his mommy.

Forum List

Back