USMB Coffee Shop IV

For all of you who know who I'm talking about, Bootneck left me a thanks on a post of mine, sent him a private message, hopefully I'll hear back soon. Now if only EZ would show up. :thup:

Woo hoo. That would be sooooo great. Two great people.
Boot said he'd been busy and finally got to take some leave, complaining that it coincided with the middle of winter...... :lol:
He knows (or knew) EZ so maybe he can give us an update on her, asked him about his uncle Colin but haven't heard back from him yet.

Don't expect EZ to ever be back. I miss my fellow teacher terribly, but she is a super smart lady. She made the right decision leaving the board after she married so that she would focus on the most important priority in her life. As a single mom of a teenager, this place has been fun to unwind at...but if I got married again, although I might not make the decision to never come back, I wouldn't expect to be around much at all.:)

For all of you who know who I'm talking about, Bootneck left me a thanks on a post of mine, sent him a private message, hopefully I'll hear back soon. Now if only EZ would show up. :thup:

Boot said he'd been busy and finally got to take some leave, complaining that it coincided with the middle of winter...... :lol:
He knows (or knew) EZ so maybe he can give us an update on her, asked him about his uncle Colin but haven't heard back from him yet.

Don't expect EZ to ever be back. I miss my fellow teacher terribly, but she is a super smart lady. She made the right decision leaving the board after she married so that she would focus on the most important priority in her life. As a single mom of a teenager, this place has been fun to unwind at...but if I got married again, although I might not make the decision to never come back, I wouldn't expect to be around much at all.:)

Or you might be like Hombre and me. We are in close proximity a lot of the time in our shared office, each of us doing our own thing on the computer but sharing with each other stuff that we're reading or doing. He is a member here in the Coffee Shop but posts very rarely. But he hears about just about everything that happens in the Coffee Shop and I think he feels a part of it.

So, technically, if you and I got married, I'd be carrying the USMB water. :bye1:

Or you might be like Hombre and me. We are in close proximity a lot of the time in our shared office, each of us doing our own thing on the computer but sharing with each other stuff that we're reading or doing. He is a member here in the Coffee Shop but posts very rarely. But he hears about just about everything that happens in the Coffee Shop and I think he feels a part of it.

That could be the case if I was retired, but in my current situation which is similar to EZ's lifestyle, I would envision myself coming home from a long day at the office and then unwinding with my significant other. Also, I'm comparing our circumstances of being in a new marriage, and I just can't imagine wanting to give even the amount of attention I currently pay here, if I had a mate who I'd rather focus on. EZ knew herself well enough that she couldn't just do the occasional drive-by, and didn't want to risk dividing precious time between a message board and her relationship. Again, she was smart to make that choice, even if it meant saying good-bye to some dear friends.:)

So, technically, if you and I got married, I'd be carrying the USMB water. :bye1:

:lol: It would be all on you, my friend.:D

1511062_10152586442602499_1832458835128320544_n.jpg

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
GW's daughter's friend Sachendra,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Foxfyre's daughter for successful healing,
Those in the dangerous cold zones,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning all. Albuquerque just got a dusting of snow. Much more on the mountain. Still overcast here, and they say more snow likely, but I don't really expect much. 20 degrees with wind though so it's really chilly out there.

Everyone have a Great Monday !

funny-animals-239.jpg
I had close to 20 below on my thermometer this morning. My cat likes to go out on the back porch and sniff the outside air at the bottom of the screen door. She begged to go out on the porch, I opened the door, that cold air hit her in the face, she shock her head and turned around and walked away... :lol:

So, Joey Logano, #22, wins the Daytona 500.

Yeah, but it sure would have been better for him and the fans if it could have been in a blaze of glory instead of what will always be alluded to as a possible 'gimme' under caution.

The technician just left and I now have Dish satellite internet. I'm telling you, this thing rocks and rolls. Much better than the DSL I had. I'm a happy camper.

My Internet company keeps trying to make me upgrade to fiber optics because it s five times faster than my present system. but I keep ignoring them as I see no need for anything faster than 1 megabyte a second download. True it takes a while to load down a game of several gigabytes. But I don't do that very often and I can receive streaming video with no problems.

The technician just left and I now have Dish satellite internet. I'm telling you, this thing rocks and rolls. Much better than the DSL I had. I'm a happy camper.

My Internet company keeps trying to make me upgrade to fiber optics because it s five times faster than my present system. but I keep ignoring them as I see no need for anything faster than 1 megabyte a second download. True it takes a while to load down a game of several gigabytes. But I don't do that very often and I can receive streaming video with no problems.

I live down a 3/4 mile farm lane and the phone line runs down that lane to the house. The DSL internet had to travel down that 3/4 mile lane and then travel for 3 miles into town for my DSL work. Although the DSL was better than the old dial up we had years ago, it was still very slow. Now, my internet rocks and rolls. Hope it will continue to be this fast. I'm a happy camper now.

So, Joey Logano, #22, wins the Daytona 500.

Yeah, but it sure would have been better for him and the fans if it could have been in a blaze of glory instead of what will always be alluded to as a possible 'gimme' under caution.
The three wide racing near the end was pretty cool, but it doesn't seem like they can have a finish without a crash nowadays. All the cars have been relegated into being so close that there isn't really anyone that can run away from the pack. It's surely not as exciting as it used to be when all the cars were not only different makes, but all looked different as well, had different engines, brakes, wings, etc. Now they all have to be the same. The only thing different about the cars is the paint job and the driver. Kinda boring.

Forum List

Back