USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oh, I am sure that Bagels in New Mexico are totally delish. Would 7:30 do???

:lol:

Absolutely. Would you believe some of the best bagels in the world are made and sold by Dunkin' donuts? Also Costco has its own brand of bagels that are absolutely excellent. I know that probably offends the cultural sensibilities of a lot of us, but I am quite a connoisseur and have to admit they won out in a blind taste test.

Does Costco have hamentashen? :tongue:

Yes they do. $8.99 (American) for 2.75 lbs. And guaranteed kosher too. Not bad:

108696-Hamentashen%201-thumb-200x266-108695.jpg

Absolutely. Would you believe some of the best bagels in the world are made and sold by Dunkin' donuts? Also Costco has its own brand of bagels that are absolutely excellent. I know that probably offends the cultural sensibilities of a lot of us, but I am quite a connoisseur and have to admit they won out in a blind taste test.

Does Costco have hamentashen? :tongue:

Raspberry and Apricot!? Oy, ya killin' me...
swoon.gif

This is not a joke.:lmao:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM4eJ38S7Hw]Better Marriage Blanket - YouTube[/ame]

When I was single, I moved around a lot. Filling out the USPS change of address forms started to become a routine. No matter how hard I tried contacting everyone to provide them with my new address, a good portion of my mail still went to the old address. When I eventually received it at my new address, it was with the USPS sticker /label that contained my new address. Once when I moved twice within the same year, it was a major hassle as I was still getting redirected mail, and had to cancel my old change of address, and provide a new one. It was a nightmare. I'm sure that there was some mail that I never received.

I had a buddy in college who moved FOUR times in about a 4 month time period and did not forwarding. The fourth address was the same address as the first address, which means he simply moved back into his old apartment. To this day we still laugh about his moving adventures of 1986.... and the non-need for an address forwarding for him.

:thup:

PO Box. 'Nuf said. I have two.
PO Boxes are great. They provide privacy when you need it. They are also convenient when moving within the same city. However if moving to another city or state, then a new PO Box would be required, and a change of address filled out.

Raspberry and Apricot!? Oy, ya killin' me...
swoon.gif

Me loves Hamantaschen, but yo, it's not Purim, guys!!!

:eusa_shhh:

Well, no it isn't but sheesh. Surely there's nothing in the code or whatever that says you can't enjoy Hamantaschen at other times too? Or is it like Easter hot cross buns that just don't seem right at any other time?

Wal-Mart cake:

walmart_cake1.jpg

Conversation probably went like this:

Walmart employee: "Hello, this is Wal-Marts, how can I help you?"

Customer: I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week.

Walmart employee: "What you want on da cake?"

Customer: "Best Wishes Suzanne" and, underneath that, "We'll Miss You"

Stop Laughing....

Pshaw. Nothing a little wite-out won't fix up in a Jiffy. Or even a nice flat knife -- wipe out the letters "Under N".

Yep...."eat that" would have been better than "Under Neat that"......:lol:

I remember Sarah posted that in her astrology thread (I think it was that one)

Well, bad news here --- for the mice that is. Hobbes is home. :woohoo:

After days of trying to entice him down with food and all he could do was wander out a branch to nowhere, Charlie from the local fire and rescue department came by, same guy that got him down the last time. He's had some nice wet food and is locked in now. I expect he'll zonk out to sleep before long since he's been up there since last Wednesday.

I guess I'm gonna have to learn how to cut his claws. I've never done that before but this feline flying Wallenda routine has got to go. :mad:

So glad to hear that he finally came down. I figured once he got hungry enough he would find a way. You're going to have to curtail his outings from now on, he's a daredevil....:)

No he never did find a way. I gave up and called the rescue squad. I was kind of playing a cat-and-mouse game ( :lol: ) to see how long he'd stay up before getting resourceful, and I just ran out of patience.

It's also considerably warmer now than the last time and I'm thinking about how dehydrated he must be.

Did they get after you for having a "repeat offender"?

I remember Sarah posted that in her astrology thread (I think it was that one)

Well, bad news here --- for the mice that is. Hobbes is home. :woohoo:

After days of trying to entice him down with food and all he could do was wander out a branch to nowhere, Charlie from the local fire and rescue department came by, same guy that got him down the last time. He's had some nice wet food and is locked in now. I expect he'll zonk out to sleep before long since he's been up there since last Wednesday.

I guess I'm gonna have to learn how to cut his claws. I've never done that before but this feline flying Wallenda routine has got to go. :mad:

Cut his claws? Who told you to do that? Does not sound like a good idea at all.

Nope, he should have him de-clawed....... :eusa_whistle:

Nope...not if he is going to let him go outside...he would not be able to defend himself and that would be very bad. I don't like to de-claw them even if they are inside...you just have to teach them where they can claw and where they can't.

Cut his claws? Who told you to do that? Does not sound like a good idea at all.

Nope...not if he is going to let him go outside...he would not be able to defend himself and that would be very bad. I don't like to de-claw them even if they are inside...you just have to teach them where they can claw and where they can't.

I'm thinking that Pogo meant trim, because he said he'll have to learn how to cut them...people can't de-claw a cat, since that's surgery. Also, the Humane Society says it's healthy for your cat.

Trimming a Cat's Claws : The Humane Society of the United States

I'm thinking that Pogo meant trim, because he said he'll have to learn how to cut them...people can't de-claw a cat, since that's surgery. Also, the Humane Society says it's healthy for your cat.

Trimming a Cat's Claws : The Humane Society of the United States

Yes, I know Pogo meant trim....owners can definitely trim cat's claws, not sure that it will keep him from climbing. But Ringel said de-claw, and yes, I know that has to be done professionally, and most Shelters frown on declawing.

Debilitating Practice
Something I wish more American veterinarians would counsel their human clients about is de-clawing cats. It is a practice seen as diabolical in other nations, it's only practiced in the US. This is not a procedure akin to cutting our nails. It's an operation that cuts off the end of the cat's paws - akin to having our fingers cut off past their first knuckle. It is, to a degree, debilitating.

Once declawed, the cat cannot live around other animals because it does not have its front claws for defense, nor can it be let outside for the same reason. Further, it can't climb trees or do other activities natural to our feline friends.

Declawing As Seen by a Shelter Volunteer

What Pogo needs to get is claw caps....they glue on to claws and cover the sharp points that help them climb trees. Saw them advertised on E-Bay, but Pet Smart might have them.

Pet Dog Cat Colorful Soft Nail Caps Claw Control Paws S + Adhesive Glue 20pcs
New-Peti-Buffer-Handy-Trends-Pet-claw-nail-trimers- | eBay

mxVEa_qnlWsSW6XR29e6SBQ.jpg

Howdy, everybody!
Taking a few minutes to catch up, and then back to work. I just sent the girls out with my wild crafting kit and some books about plants and flowers. They are to collect samples, identify them, bag them, label them, then bring them home for further discussion/study. They armored themselves in bug dope and are off to explore the woods. When they return, we will verify their identifications and then hit the medicinal/edible plant books to talk about what uses each plant might have.
Daughter's been cleaning up lots of debris and uncovered a huge carpenter ant nest under the house while removing all the scrap lumber my partner "stored" under there. We dug up a bit and I'll be spreading diatomaceous earth around the pilings to discourage further ant-incursions. Otherwise, we are getting handle on the mess here. My daughter asked me whether "The Hills Have Eyes" or we had a chainsaw murderer on premises. I assume she was making references to some creepy movies.
Well, back to work. Visit more later. I hope everyone else is getting as much accomplished as we are here.

:lol: Did you have fun with that? Or are you the protective, honest type?

I confess, I haven't seen either movie so I was at a loss. Right now, there are stacks of lumber and all manner of other construction materials. Those are mine for our current project. But my partner is a hoarder who cannot part with the smallest snippet of wood or shred of old, used insulation. Despite my most adamant prohibition that no junk cars find their way onto the property, there seems to be an old S10 here (with trees growing through it!). I broached the subject of having it removed and my pard went ballistic. That's his "parts car" for the other S10 junker he has sitting at his place in town.

I had a buddy in college who moved FOUR times in about a 4 month time period and did not forwarding. The fourth address was the same address as the first address, which means he simply moved back into his old apartment. To this day we still laugh about his moving adventures of 1986.... and the non-need for an address forwarding for him.

:thup:

PO Box. 'Nuf said. I have two.
PO Boxes are great. They provide privacy when you need it. They are also convenient when moving within the same city. However if moving to another city or state, then a new PO Box would be required, and a change of address filled out.

Very true. But if you are staying in the same general area, it sure is convenient not to have to change addresses.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ringel and his family in transition and post surgery healing for Mrs. Ringel
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back