USMB Coffee Shop IV

Never buying another pc. All they do is crash. Sorry ya got a virus. Sorry it didmt shut down right. Sorry we don't know what's wrong. Bunch of bs. Use phones on same sites, no prob. Current phone is about 6; yrs old. When the battery becomes a nuisance think I'll get the biggest phone I can find
Dude, use security software.

🍳🧇🥓☕ After breakfast I will be replacing rotted wood on my porch. If my bad joints in my legs give out on me,
and I don't post here by the end of the day call for help! 🙂 (joking) Good Morning all.
Good morning a day and a half late. And don't feel bad about putting off the project. That seems to be my usual modus operandi these days. I have the best of intentions when I start my day, but seem to find all sorts of reasons to postpone this or that project to another day.

We lost a deputy yesterday to a gun. First one since 1930. It made the national radio news. The deputy was shot during an arrest for warrants. A four hour search resulted in another gunfight that the Michigan State Police ended. Weird part was I was working just a mile and a half away.

EOW 6-27-2024 Bill Butler
Save, I'm so sorry to hear that. My daughter's career has been policing in Nevada. I pray for law enforcers every week.

Good morning a day and a half late. And don't feel bad about putting off the project. That seems to be my usual modus operandi these days. I have the best of intentions when I start my day, but seem to find all sorts of reasons to postpone this or that project to another day.
I need to replace my back porch soon. It was taken out because of one board, and it never got fixed. The rain builds up where the patio was due to concrete sides, leaving a big rectangular 10-inch mudpuddle after a severe rainstorm, and it's been raining every other day recently. But I learned a lesson. Never let a freeloading willie destroy your wooden patio with only one broken slat for an excuse a year or so ago. Also, lock the doors when you have shopping in town. Free loading willie now has three RVs by the horse arena and in 2 years has only paid a quarter of the electricity for one month, no rent, and leaves on lights and burns electricity by running water all day on hot days. Wells use electricity to pump it up to the rvs. One person,3 rvs . Don't ask. Lol!

I need to replace my back porch soon. It was taken out because of one board, and it never got fixed. The rain builds up where the patio was due to concrete sides, leaving a big rectangular 10-inch mudpuddle after a severe rainstorm, and it's been raining every other day recently. But I learned a lesson. Never let a freeloading willie destroy your wooden patio with only one broken slat for an excuse a year or so ago. Also, lock the doors when you have shopping in town. Free loading willie now has three RVs by the horse arena and in 2 years has only paid a quarter of the electricity for one month, no rent, and leaves on lights and burns electricity by running water all day on hot days. Wells use electricity to pump it up to the rvs. One person,3 rvs . Don't ask. Lol!
Yep. These days a handshake or a person's word is no longer a valid contract as it once was. Even dealing with friends and relatives, a signed agreement in form of a contract is advisable so that you have recourse should you need it. If your freeloader won't agree to one now--and why should he if he's enjoying freebies at your expense--you may need a lawyer and judge to evict. And I know eviction is very much against your nature. So all I can do is offer my very best thoughts and hope you find a solution that lets you sleep nights. Hugs.

Just spent a month in the USofA.

A question about the housing, having looked at a lot of construction.

Do they ever build with bricks and concrete? And not everything wood framed? And roof tiles?

Do they ever build with bricks and concrete? And not everything wood framed? And roof tiles?
I suppose that would depend on the design parameters. You can get any type building you want to pay for. Older countries have older buildings designed before newer design criteria.

The huge majority of U.S. homes built in most of the 20th Century are wood frame--perhaps a few are metal framed. If they are brick it is brick veneer which is nowhere near as permanent or sturdy as an all brick wall would be. Otherwise they will have vinyl or wood siding or, in the southwest, are stucco. Very rare to have concrete though concrete is commonly used to build commercial buildings. Some areas--California--use the tile roofs, and more recently an attractive metal roof has become popular, but most roofs are either flat (again mostly in the southwest) with non visible tar and gravel or more modern coatings. Most roofs are pitched with vinyl/asphalt or wood shingles.

(One area that Europe and much of Asia surpasses the USA is in the beauty, durability, and uniqueness of architecture. Every now and then the U.S. produces something magnificent but otherwise it's pretty boring.)

Are you considering moving here? We would be happy to have you of course. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back