🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Utah police officer fired after handcuffing, dragging nurse from hospital

he was just doing his job?
If he was doing his job in accordance with the requirement for judgment under unusual circumstances he would have called for a superior officer to determine the appropriate action. He wasn't dealing with some importunate, troublesome bystander and there was no exigent need to arrest that nurse, who happened to be right.

That cop is one of those who apparently had developed an exaggerated sense of authority over the years and couldn't tolerate being challenged. Unfortunately the authoritarian personality syndrome affects a substantial percentage of cops, some of whom eventually end up costing the taxpayers millions in punitive damage awards -- or worse.

Having seen this story when it happened, I am delighted to see he got the boot.
He was wrong on so many levels. I hope he learned something, and I hope the nurse regains her trust.

Also notice how he was fired for roughing up a white woman who disn't follow a lawful order. He wasn't put on paid vacation. The Police Chief didn't come out and talk about the nurses school record or rumors of her being shitty in some form in her life.

Just fired.

The cop lacked a level of common sense needed to effectively hold a position of authority.
I’m surprised he wasn’t fired sooner.

It's not just the Officer that was fired, but the Lieutenant that was demoted to patrol officer. The Chief should have also been fired.

Everyone does understand that this entire incident was a means to reduce liability.

He was wrong on so many levels. I hope he learned something, and I hope the nurse regains her trust.
Nurses, especially ER nurses, come in frequent contact with lots of different cops. So I'm quite sure this one realizes that one individual was a loose cannon who is not representative of all cops and that she has prevailed in what was an unfortunate and unusual encounter.

Last edited:
It's not just the Officer that was fired, but the Lieutenant that was demoted to patrol officer. The Chief should have also been fired.

Everyone does understand that this entire incident was a means to reduce liability.
Quite right. What that cop did would have pissed off the jury in a civil trial and resulted in a substantial punitive damage award. Rest assured the initial settlement offer, alone, would have been impressive.

Nurses, especially ER nurses, come in frequent contact with lots of different cops. So I'm quite sure this one realizes that one individual was a loose cannon who is not representative of all cops and that she has prevailed in what was an unfortunate and unusual encounter.

Nonsense. First the nurse prevailed only when the video was released. Only then did the ongoing investigation result in suspension and termination. Only after the public was outraged did the people who had been silently supportive of the barbarians run for the exits.

The day before the video was released the department that had reviewed the video was doing nothing. The mayor who had been briefed did zip. The city attorneys was mum. Once the video was public then the narrative changed to rogue loose cannon cop. The day before why he was a good cop with years of dedicated service.

The idea that this was an aberration is laughable. The nurse had the policy letter handy. It was quickly accessed and read to the cop. When he continued to insist she called the bosses. That tells me this was a routine discussion. Something that happens frequently. The arrest may be new, but the pressure to just do what they want is certainly not.

Is that a question or statement? Nevermind, you'll never pick a side especially when it's a abusive cop vs a white woman.
Not just a White woman, per se, but a nurse in a hospital.
A nurse who understood the policy she had to follow.

And ignored a lawful order and just so happen that the cop lost his job and wasnt defended publicly
Obviously it wasnt a lawful order....ddduuhhhhh

Also notice how he was fired for roughing up a white woman who disn't follow a lawful order. He wasn't put on paid vacation. The Police Chief didn't come out and talk about the nurses school record or rumors of her being shitty in some form in her life.

Just fired.
I know....no parade of people calling her a "thug" and a "whore".

Is that a question or statement? Nevermind, you'll never pick a side especially when it's a abusive cop vs a white woman.
Not just a White woman, per se, but a nurse in a hospital.
A nurse who understood the policy she had to follow.

And ignored a lawful order and just so happen that the cop lost his job and wasnt defended publicly
Obviously it wasnt a lawful order....ddduuhhhhh

How is that obvious? The cop asked and she refused. What part wasn't lawful?

Forum List

Back