Vance towered over Walz....to his credit Walz stood firm

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
There are various levels of perception. Not everyone is gifted with the ability to do multi-level analytics. Vance definitely has that ability. Walz, does not. Still, he made a good accounting of himself.

If I was going to grade the debates presidential versus vice presidential.... I would say vice presidential gets a Mark of A and presidential C minus. Kind of makes me wonder if the roles should be reversed.

This was a civil and polite activity and more closely represented, I think, what a real election debate should look like.

I'm very glad that they stayed away from military records. I don't care if Walz exaggerated a little he did nonetheless spend 20 or more years available to his country which is more than most people do and for that I think he earns a pass.

All in all I would have to say that the Trump campaign gained ground from this debate but still I think the mechanics of elections hold true here.

Vice presidential choices don't have very much to do with the final election result.

Jo

Thread Fail!

VP Debate poll.png

There are various levels of perception. Not everyone is gifted with the ability to do multi-level analytics. Vance definitely has that ability. Walz, does not. Still, he made a good accounting of himself.

If I was going to grade the debates presidential versus vice presidential.... I would say vice presidential gets a Mark of A and presidential C minus. Kind of makes me wonder if the roles should be reversed.

This was a civil and polite activity and more closely represented, I think, what a real election debate should look like.

I'm very glad that they stayed away from military records. I don't care if Walz exaggerated a little he did nonetheless spend 20 or more years available to his country which is more than most people do and for that I think he earns a pass.

All in all I would have to say that the Trump campaign gained ground from this debate but still I think the mechanics of elections hold true here.

Vice presidential choices don't have very much to do with the final election result.

Jo
The debate was a draw.

It was boring.

It was inconsequential.

I think Walz did better than Kamala and I think Vance did better than Trump. Because of this, both sides can take this debate as a win.

The VP candidates did their part. There was no knock-out shot. The closest came when Vance failed to explain why he was for a national abortion ban before but no longer supports a national abortion ban. The media is going to keep coming after him on that because he didn’t answer.

Overall, it was a good debate and neither of these guys lost the election for their running mate.

Forum List

Back