Vatican (sovereign nation) has MOST RESTRICTIVE immigration policy in world! Hypocrisy.

As Trump would say.....this pope now has zero credibility.

People visit the vatican, but they don't immigrate without an invitation. Few see the whole city and are limited to a few buildings.

The square and cathedral might be open during certain hours, but the city is not.

Some church property around the world might be open 24/7, but not all. People visit churches but they don't move in. They might find sanctuary, but it limited and not automatic in all cases.

People visit the vatican, but they don't immigrate without an invitation. Few see the whole city and are limited to a few buildings.

The square and cathedral might be open during certain hours, but the city is not.

Some church property around the world might be open 24/7, but not all. People visit churches but they don't move in. They might find sanctuary, but it limited and not automatic in all cases.

The Vatican is a sovereign nation. Harshest immigration policies on Earth.

About those Vatican walls ... - CNN.com

CNN is running this now on the Vatican. It is completely surrounded by huge walls and they were built centuries ago to "keep barbarians out". The Vatican claims "it's different" and says their front door is always open to all.

You just have to leave at sun down. Because their immigration policy is the least tolerant of outsiders of any in the world.

So the Vatican preaches that we shouldn't build walls like theirs and we should have open immigration far different from their policy of being the world's most restrictive.

They literally say "do as we say not as we do". No wonder the Catholic Church has been so criticized over the years.

That's not Christian of the Pope.

No its not.

Step 1- tear down those walls
Step 2- open up immigration to the Vatican

Any Catholic or liberal have any reason why the Pope can't do those things???

So are the visitors and tourists allowed to stay ? Permanently ?

Let's get real people, you know as well as I do that the Vatican is not open for people to waltz in and take up residence there. If it were they would be overwhelmed with refugees from all over seeking handouts.

So let's be clear and honest here, the Pope has armed protection, and he lives behind locked doors, and people are not allowed to waltz into his courtyard and stay.

He can go fuck himself, the U.S. is the most generous nation on earth, BUT we have borders and we have a right to secure those borders, and I don't give a fuck whether that's not being Christian or not, and if it is not, then the Pope should consider moving out of his glass house !

Let's get real people, you know as well as I do that the Vatican is not open for people to waltz in and take up residence there. If it were they would be overwhelmed with refugees from all over seeking handouts.

So let's be clear and honest here, the Pope has armed protection, and he lives behind locked doors, and people are not allowed to waltz into his courtyard and stay.

He can go fuck himself, the U.S. is the most generous nation on earth, BUT we have borders and we have a right to secure those borders, and I don't give a fuck whether that's not being Christian or not, and if it is not, then the Pope should consider moving out of his glass house !

I agree. The Vatican would probably say "it's different" because a massive influx of immigrants would overwhelm them and completely change their culture and they don't want that. Go figure.

If their official stance is this hypocrisy.....they can go fuck themselves.

Pope Francis’ call for immigration leniency unlikely to change debate

So I assume the Pope will lift the Vaticans most restrictive immigration policy on Earth so his nations policy is the same as his preachings.

Right?

Then again it has open borders. You don't need a passport to enter the Vatican City, you just walk in. You wouldn't even know where the border was if you entered the country.

There is hypocrisy there. The Pope talks about walls, well, don't Catholics make walls against gay people? Sure they do.

So I assume the Pope will lift the Vaticans most restrictive immigration policy on Earth so his nations policy is the same as his preachings.

Right?

Then again it has open borders. You don't need a passport to enter the Vatican City, you just walk in. You wouldn't even know where the border was if you entered the country.

There is hypocrisy there. The Pope talks about walls, well, do

The most generous nation on earth? Sure, if giving people bombs is generous, then yes, the US is the most generous. Hey, Iraq, some bombs for you, Libya, some bombs, Syria, have some too.... we're a giving people.

Right?

The most generous nation on earth? Sure, if giving people bombs is generous, then yes, the US is the most generous. Hey, Iraq, some bombs for you, Libya, some bombs, Syria, have some too.... we're a giving people.

And then if you don't leave you get deported. Quickly. They have the most restrictive immigration policy in the world.

They don't practice what they preach....literally.

As Trump would say.....this pope now has zero credibility.

Yeah, when I heard the Popes statement, the first thing that came to my mind was him saying about homosexuals, 'Who am I to judge?'

So Pope Francis says gay is OK but nations controlling their borders is anti-Christian?

This guy is a fucking loser, and I am a Catholic.

Right?

There is hypocrisy there. The Pope talks about walls, well, don't Catholics make walls against gay people? Sure they do.
You can walk in as long as you dont stay. That isnt immigration it is permission to come in and buy tourist schlock.

Right?

And then if you don't leave you get deported. Quickly. They have the most restrictive immigration policy in the world.

They don't practice what they preach....literally.

Then again, in the US if you're in a Museum, or a church or something, you'll be kicked out when they close up. Other parts of the US you can't just walk into, like the White House.

I don't know what would happen to someone if they didn't leave St. Peter's Square, maybe no one bothers to stay there. They don't get deported, that requires a formal process. They just get moved on, as happens in the US all the time. It just happens that moving someone on pushes them into Italy.

Comparing the US and the Vatican on this one is kind of silly, simply because the Vatican has lost most of its land in the last few hundred years. It's too small to put into any meaningful context on this issue.

People are attacking because they like playing the entertainment game.

Right?

You just walk in, but for how long can you stay ? That's what needs to be focused on. It's easy to say, we don't have walls or borders and you don't need papers , but it's a meaningless if you are not free to stay on a permanent basis.

Right?

You can walk in as long as you dont stay. That isnt immigration it is permission to come in and buy tourist schlock.

Then the Vatican is different. But, not a single person, from a single country, would be denied entry into the Vatican City. The US on the other hand, how many people do I know who have been denied entry into the US? Quite a few actually. Russians and Chinese make up the top of this list.

Right?

And as usual that's the focus of a liberal. Never ever point out the good America has done, just always look for the bad. Typical.

"Vatican (sovereign nation) has MOST RESTRICTIVE immigration policy in world! Hypocrisy."

Wrong

This fails as a false comparison fallacy
No, it doesnt fail, Clayton, only your brain fails.

The Pope is telling us how to run our borders when he doesnt do the same at the Vatican, nor does Mexico for that matter.

The Pope's statement is part of a Vatican PR campaign to get Catholics to come back to church and it is a colossal failure.

Forum List

Back