vegan, vegetarian, or just normal food?

i like

• Total voters
Malnourished patients don't recover well.

People who don't eat meat are not necessarily malnourished.
Not necessarily, but more than likely as they age, have surgeries etc. let’s be clear too. Animal protein includes fish, chicken etc and not just red meat. And, there are no easily available less expensive commercial sources of meats that are free from nitrates, growth Hormones....and unacceptable amounts of additives and minerals.

Not necessarily, but more than likely as they age, have surgeries etc. let’s be clear too. Animal protein includes fish, chicken etc and not just red meat. And, there are no easily available less expensive commercial sources of meats that are free from nitrates, growth Hormones....and unacceptable amounts of additives and minerals.
Sounds like you're arguing against meat.

1705229501730.png

You flaw in thinking is that additional protein must come from meat.
Your use of the word “ meat” to me includes all animal protein. Technically red meat is limited to mammalian sources, but meat in general to me includes fish and all sea foods and chicken, and yes, insects and other more exotic sources. veggie eaters note this difference. They just include lacto/ovo or dairy products and eggs....which vegans do not. You eliminate dairy products and eggs it gets very selective in keeping up with protein needs.

Your use of the word “ meat” to me includes all animal protein. Technically red meat is limited to mammalian sources, but meat in general to me includes fish and all sea foods and chicken, and yes, insects and other more exotic sources. veggie eaters note this difference. They just include lacto/ovo or dairy products and eggs....which vegans do not. You eliminate dairy products and eggs it gets very selective in keeping up with protein needs.

Did i specify red meat? Meat is the flesh of any dead animal.

Milk and eggs are just as bad as any other animal product

The fact is animal products are not necessary at all for general health or for post operative recovery

No I don't, meat is the generic term for the flesh of any dead animal
Animal, to include ANY life form that isn’t a plant, yes.
In general, food availability has never been a problem. Nutrition IS . All the fat people you see, are more, not less likely to be MALNOURISHED. Being strictly vegan and even vegetarian has its problems. Eating meats with every meal has problems too. Big problems for most.
It’s all about proportions.

Last edited:
Milk and eggs are just as bad as any other animal product
Disagree. They are not inherently good or bad. Neither is any animal bi product. It’s about proportions guided by your needs. What is inherently bad, are empty calories from foods that are nutrient deficient

Animal, to include ANY life form that isn’t a plant, yes.
In general, food availability has never been a problem. Nutrition IS . All the fat people you see, are more, not less likely to be MALNOURISHED. Being strictly vegan and even vegetarian has its problems. Eating meats with every meal has problems too. Big problems for most.
It’s all about proportions.
What problems?

A well designed WFPB diet is not problematic.

Meat is completely unnecessary

Disagree. They are not inherently good or bad. Neither is any animal bi product. It’s about proportions guided by your needs. What is inherently bad, is empty calories from foods that are nutrient deficient
I disagree with that.

From a global perspective the animal food industry is unsustainable and is actually wreaking havoc on the environment.

Meat is completely unnecessary
Ha ha
My arguments I’d like to think are science based and I avoid absolutism. Meat is not completely unnecessary. It maybe for someone with all the resources available to acquire their nutrients otherwise, but even your example of non animal sourced proteins designed to look and taste like meats, can be filled with undesirable chemicals. You’d be better off with a small slab of lean steak than someof these contrived substitutes. Make your own from Whole Foods and avoid the chemicals.

From a global perspective the animal food industry is unsustainable and is actually wreaking havoc on the environment.
Now you’re jumping from personal nutrition to the environment. Fish farms that control pollution ingestion of the fish, can be much safer to eat than commercially caught fish or even what he catch yourself. If that affects the environment, which it doesn’t, it’s well worth it for good nutrition

I disagree with that.

In case it was missed the first time,

Ha ha
My arguments I’d like to think are science based and I avoid absolutism. Meat is not completely unnecessary. It maybe for someone with all the resources available to acquire their nutrients otherwise, but even your example of non animal sourced proteins designed to look and taste like meats, can be filled with undesirable chemicals. You’d be better off with a small slab of lean steak than someof these contrived substitutes. Make your own from Whole Foods and avoid the chemicals.
My argument is science based

There is nothing a person cannot get from anything else but meat in regards to his nutritional needs.

And you jump to the processed vegan foods as your reason to keep eating meat. Veganism is NOT about a healthy well balanced diet and never has been. Veganism is an ethical position not a scientific one.

Whole food plant based eating IS about a well balanced healthy diet first and foremost and that trillions of animals don't have to suffer and die and we don't have to rape the planet to eat are just ancillary benefits.

Now you’re jumping from personal nutrition to the environment. Fish farms that control pollution ingestion of the fish, can be much safer to eat than commercially caught fish or even what he catch yourself. If that affects the environment, which it doesn’t, it’s well worth it for good nutrition
If you don't think it's all related then your living with your head in the sand.

If you don't think it's all related then your living with your head in the sand.
Nope. You’re unscientific with your absolutism. Now you’re bouncing from nutrition between these diets to which one is the most environmentally sound. I posted the need for protein and how it’s supports me..

Protein does not have to come from meat
No, all nutrients ultimately come from plant life which is dependent upon sunlight. Animal protein is just more usable to extract for many people, because much has already been synthesized. Do you eat meat ?

Nope. You’re unscientific with your absolutism. Now you’re bouncing from nutrition between these diets to which one is the most environmentally sound. I posted the need for protein and how it’s supports me..

WFPB eating is based in science your denial of that does not change that fact. There is nothung people get from meat that cannot be gotten without eating meat.

You have not proven that to be false nor will you be able to.

Forum List

Back