vegan, vegetarian, or just normal food?

i like

• Total voters
So? A drink that has sky high amounts of processed sugar acidifies the blood just like milk does.
Bones also need to be stressed to remain strong. We sit on our butts too much. That's why women suffer from weak bones more than men.

what do you like?

Just depends on what I am in a mood for. I eat all veggie meals sometimes when that just happens to be what I am in the mood for. Yesterday all I ate was a couple large portabello mushrooms done in the oven with salt, pepper, olive oil and some cheese melted over them. I have a cauliflower I need to dispatch that I will eat probably eat today that will be the bulk of my meal because others in my house don't particularly like cauliflower nearly the way I heart cauliflower.

three or more glasses a day – was not only associated with mortality but also an increased risk of fracture and hip fracture.

Plus, it found that women who reported drinking three or more glasses of milk each day nearly doubled their risk of death in relation to women who drank less than one glass each day.
I can copy and paste dozens of studies that show that milk builds strong bones. Here's good one.

Last edited:
Why?

Do you think there was a fleshed out plan for all new things that changed the economy?

Instead of growing one type of fodder for cows farmers can grow a variety of different crops for people

Instead of using dead animals for all sorts of products start a new industry that synthesizes those things from other sources.

Instead of burning down rain forests to graze cattle start eco tourism businesses instead.

The possibilities are endless.
I agree that our food production system needs an overhaul, and it begins with consumer demand. I am on the forefront of these changes as my diet is healthy and well balanced, as is my lifestyle. If everyone was like me the world would be a wonderful place. :)

I went whole food plant based for health reasons because despite the fact that I wasn't overweight was very fit I still had high cholesterol, elevated blood pressure.
Exactly…
Though there are basics that most people share, their nutritional needs can be different.
Let’s hope that change of diet serves you well. Personally, everything I’ve read indicates a whole food plant based diet is best for most.

I agree that our food production system needs an overhaul, and it begins with consumer demand. I am on the forefront of these changes as my diet is healthy and well balanced, as is my lifestyle. If everyone was like me the world would be a wonderful place. :)
Exactly….
No one is saying we can’t market empty calories that do more harm than good, but they should be labeled, “ this food tastes really good and we’re hoping you make us rich but it is nutritionally full of shit and will kill you unless you die in an accident first.” Seems fair….

Most people don't get that veganism isn't about a healthy diet and that it is an ethical stance against the cruelty and needless suffering of animals for the pleasure of people.
There is a practical side as well as an ethical side. The cattle industry requires an enormous amount of water and acreage per pound of beef produced. As a true Conservative I believe it makes sense to reduce consumption of beef by plant based foods. Vegan is a mixed bag. I've tried some that I couldn't tell the difference from real meat and some that was pretty bad. I suggest trying a couple different things before you write off plant based.

There is a practical side as well as an ethical side. The cattle industry requires an enormous amount of water and acreage per pound of beef produced. As a true Conservative I believe it makes sense to reduce consumption of beef by plant based foods. Vegan is a mixed bag. I've tried some that I couldn't tell the difference from real meat and some that was pretty bad. I suggest trying a couple different things before you write off plant based.
Ha ha. Yup, for sure…
But, whether you‘re conservative or not, it makes sense to reduce beef consumption to a level that doesn’t have to rely on growth hormones and other additives, NO ONE advocates eliminating red meet from our diets but it’s a supplement and not a main course.

Ha ha. Yup, for sure…
But, whether you‘re conservative or not, it makes sense to reduce beef consumption to a level that doesn’t have to rely on growth hormones and other additives, NO ONE advocates eliminating red meet from our diets but it’s a supplement and not a main course.
There are plenty of folks who advocate eliminating red meat from our diets, but that is imo an unnecessarily extreme position.

We do not need to eat complete proteins as long as we ingest enough essential amino acids so we can manufacture what we need.
Exactly, but these incomplete proteins need to be synthesized into complete proteins which isn’t done as easily as we age. Throw in blood thinners, Lipitor and all this other shit older farders take, and a balanced diet can look a little different.

A favorite combination of mine for years for complete proteins is peanut butter and cheese sandwiches…..which eventually started to include diced onions and sauerkraut.
Top it off with an apple and 18 holes of golf becomes doable with little effort.

There are plenty of folks who advocate eliminating red meat from our diets, but that is imo an unnecessarily extreme position.
Exactly….and it’s not practical. There is a limit to how quickly you can recover from surgery or an injury eating nothing but plant based foods and supplements.

Most people don't get that veganism isn't about a healthy diet and that it is an ethical stance against the cruelty and needless suffering of animals for the pleasure of people.

The carnivorous animal kingdom doesn't care about eating other animals so why should I?

Yet, most people who are vegetarians and vegans, do it for health reasons. I have no problems with others slaughtering animals for for food as long as they were treated humanely up until the time their nutritional needs override the food source.

Agree one hundred percent with you, so I guess that means that Hell has frozen over.

three or more glasses a day – was not only associated with mortality but also an increased risk of fracture and hip fracture.

Plus, it found that women who reported drinking three or more glasses of milk each day nearly doubled their risk of death in relation to women who drank less than one glass each day.

That's ridiculous. 🙄

Cool so we should get rid of cars and go back to horses after all cars put a huge sector of the economy out of business

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'd take it. Especially as a non-driver myself. I love horses and horseback riding. :)

Reduce is the operative stance. Meat consumption here is about 225 lbs. per person per year. But when you consider that older folks and young children really can't eat that much meat the picture is more troubling.

I love my meat. I eat beef, chicken, turkey (no pork), but I also eat/drink milk, cheese, and eggs, arguably 'animal' products as well. However, I eat no more than a pound per week of meats. That's one-eighth of average consumption. I eat about 5 eggs per week, 2 pieces of chicken, about 6 oz. of cheese, turkey at Thanksgiving only. I do drink lots of milk, about a gallon per week.

Healthy as a horse for my age, lovin' life.

Last edited:
Agree one hundred percent with you, so I guess that means that Hell has frozen over.
I Know it doesn’t. It’s the way we should approach everything. We are mammals…we are omnivores. It’s not rocket science.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back