Zone1 Very few people want to know the Truth

Growth filled communities explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth. I can only assume that that concept is so foreign to you that you can't recognize what it looks like when you see it.
My community is rational theism with a fierce opposition to growth of any collective manifestation of a church state authoritarian community.

My community is rational theism with a fierce opposition to growth of any collective manifestation of a church state authoritarian community.
Honest men can have honest differences of opinions without having to act like jerks. You don't want honest debate.

You don't want honest debate.
Thus sayeth the lord.

i. Examples of Christian respect for critical thinking, and individuality 161211 {post•169}. ding Dec’24 Sercof: Christians ended slavery. Hallelujah. dvng 161211 Sercof00173

ii. Very few people want to know the Truth 240808 {post•144}

NotfooledbyW Aug’24 Vvfpwt: There were Christians on both sides and I expect some may have been indifferent to the matter. The statement “Christians ended slavery” is misleading. To say that “the power structure of organized Christianity ended slavery” is a bold faced lie. nfbw 240808 Bvfpwt00144

Last edited:
Thus sayeth the lord.

i. Examples of Christian respect for critical thinking, and individuality 161211 {post•169}. ding Dec’24 Sercof: Christians ended slavery. Hallelujah. dvng 161211 Sercof00173

NotfooledbyW Aug’24 Vvfpwt: There were Christians on both sides and I expect some may have been indifferent to the matter. The statement “Christians ended slavery” is misleading. To say that “the power structure of organized Christianity ended slavery” is a bold faced lie. nfbw 240808 Bvfpwt00144
Do you even know how to compose a paragraph to make a point?

Because what you just wrote is nonsensical.

Do you even know how to compose a paragraph to make a point?

Because what you just wrote is nonsensical.
I made a point. You are running from it. When you run you, sometimes to go with format complaints Saint_Ding.

I know you fear my point now. Mission accomplished.

What don’t you understand?

Last edited:
I made a point. You are running from it. When you run you, sometimes to go with format complaints Saint_Ding.

I know you fear my point now. Mission accomplished.

What don’t you understand?
I understand you don't know how to write a paragraph to make a point.

The Catholic Church was against slavery long b4 any other "church" was. Most people who owned slaves in the US were Protestant

i. Very few people want to know the Truth 240808 {post•153}

For more than a century, the Catholic Church financed its expansion and its institutions with profits made from the purchase and sale of people they enslaved. This chapter of Church history has only recently come to the attention of the public.

"Without the enslaved, the Catholic Church in the United States as we know it today would not exist," writes author Rachel Swarns. She says the priests prayed for the salvation of the souls of the people they owned, even as they bought and sold their bodies.

In 1838, the Jesuits sold 272 enslaved people, which helped save what is now Georgetown University from bankruptcy and helped stabilize the Jesuits in Maryland. Swarns wrote about this sale in 2016 in the New York Times article "272 Slaves Were Sold to Save Georgetown. What does It owe Their Descendants?

nfbw 240809! Vvftwp00153

ii. Very few people want to know the Truth 240808 {post•152}. forkintheroad7 Aug’24 Svfpwt: The Catholic Church was against slavery long b4 any other "church" was. Most people who owned slaves in the US were Protestant. frknthrdN 240808 Svfpwt00152

iii. Very few people want to know the Truth 240808 {post•153}

NotfooledbyW Aug’24 Vvfpwt: In response to paragraph ii. , I submit an excerpt from an NPR story about Jesuits in Maryland USA in 1838 in paragraph i.

Germantown Quaker Petition Against Slavery (1688) - Blackpast

Jan 13, 2022 · The Germantown Quaker Petition Against Slavery was the first documented protest of enslavement of African Americans made by a religious

U.S A. Abolitionist movement.
Quakers 1688 yr of their Lord
Catholics 1838 yr of their Lord

EARTH Slavery Ended
Catholics 1888 yr of their Lord
USA Civil Religion 1863 Abe Lincoln

Lincoln was neither a Christian believer nor a secularfreethinker

You should read Paragraph iv. in full Saint_Forkintheroad7 because what you wrote in paragraph ii Does not appear to be consistent with the truth.

iv. Very few people want to know the Truth 240808 {post•253}

Slavery and the Catholic Church: It’s time to correct the historical record

It was the morning of May 24, 1888, and a large, ethnically diverse crowd waited in the Sala Ducale of the Apostolic Palace in Rome for the pope to arrive. Led by Cardinal Charles Lavigerie, the French missionary archbishop of Algiers, the group had traveled to Rome on a double pilgrimage from North Africa and from the Diocese of Lyon, France.

Among the pilgrims who traveled to Rome during Leo’s jubilee, however, this group was unique, and its uniqueness was indicated by the 12 men strategically placed at the front of the crowd. These 12 African men had been enslaved before their freedom was purchased by Lavigerie and his missionaries. They were at the head of the group because today’s audience was an unofficial celebration of the release of Pope Leo’s encyclical on slavery.

nfbw 240809 Vvftwp00153

Last edited:
i. Very few people want to know the Truth. 240809 {post•154}

NotfooledbyW Aug’24 Vvfpwt: The following posters have expressed an interest in “truth“ on this thread:

"your" truth.

nfbw 240809 Vvfpwt00154.

ii. Very few people want to know the Truth. 240808 {post•153} NotfooledbyW Aug’24 Vvfpwt inserted link w/excerpt: “For more than a century, the Catholic Church financed its expansion and its institutions with profits made from the purchase and sale of people they enslaved.” nfbw 240809 Vvftwp00153

iii. Very few people want to know the Truth. 240809 {post•154}

NotfooledbyW Aug’24 Vvfpwt: true or false? Is the sentence in paragraph ii. TRUE or is it FALSE?

nfbw 240809 Vvfpwt00154.

Last edited:
I think you almost got it right.

Critical theory is most often associated with Marxism but on the broader scale, it is a social theory of changing society as a whole by identifying what prevents people from changing society in a specific manner. MAGAs want the border closed because they are systematically racist is a critical theory promoted by the left. The left wants the border open because they hope to make leftist voters out of the people who migrate here is a critical theory promoted by the right.

Critical thinking on the other hand requires the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue or concept in order to form a judgment. It is not a guarantee that somebody will arrive at the correct answer or opinion but at least he/she will have a reasoned logical and defensible basis for that answer or opinion Far too many hold opinions they cannot defend because they were told/taught to have that opinion or it is the socially or politically correct opinion to have.

Do we believe the Roman Catholic Church is the only religious group that goes all the way back to Jesus because we know that for a fact or because we have been told to believe that? Because nobody can prove or disprove that brings in a component of faith for those who believe it and also for those who don't.

Do we believe CO2 in the atmosphere is an existential threat to life on Earth as we know it because we have done the research and confirmed that for ourselves? Or is it because we have been told that by people who claim to have proved it? To believe that requires an element of faith just as not believing it requires an element of faith.

Do we believe Haley's Comet will appear in our skies every 72 to 80 years because we have witnessed it ourselves? Or because we have been taught that this occurs every 72 to 80 years? To believe what we have been taught requires an element of faith.

Whether we put our total faith in the science we have been taught or whether we put our total faith in religious beliefs we have been taught or a combination of the two, it still is a matter of faith as we cannot prove any of it. We can accept it on blind faith. Or we can utilize critical thinking to have confidence in what we put faith in. But it's all faith.+

ding

Coptic Christianity started in Egypt in 42 AD.. I don't know much about the Nestorians.

i. Very few people want to know the Truth. 240809 {post•154}

NotfooledbyW Aug’24 Vvfpwt: The following posters have expressed an interest in “truth“ on this thread:

ii. Very few people want to know the Truth. 240808 {post•153} NotfooledbyW Aug’24 Vvfpwt inserted link w/excerpt: “For more than a century, the Catholic Church financed its expansion and its institutions with profits made from the purchase and sale of people they enslaved.” nfbw 240809 Vvftwp00153

iii. Very few people want to know the Truth. 240809 {post•154}

NotfooledbyW Aug’24 Vvfpwt: true or false? Is the sentence in paragraph ii. TRUE or is it FALSE?
It would be nice if you could compose a paragraph to express your disjointed thoughts.

It would be nice i
“For more than a century, the Catholic Church financed its expansion and its institutions with profits made from the purchase and sale of people they enslaved.”

Is that sentence in quotes and directly above, true or is it false Saint_Ding?

I agree. Is the sentence in the following paragraph true or false?

It is a few pieces of the church's dark history Not fooled

Of course the fundies want us to believe that everything was the word /hand of God

Then again, if you've a devote Catholic who believes in God, you'd have to believe in the devil as well

ergo, the conundrum of religmo 'truth'.....~S~

Forum List

Back