Very interesting 8 grade stat's

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Last edited:
Again, what is it that you find significant and why do you consider this a race relations issue?

This thread should be in the education forum.

I assume this post is to expose racial disparities in test scores? The real issue may be cultural impact on child brain development. Head Start and similar programs attempt to address this problem, but they are too little and too late. The first three years of nurturing and intellectual stimulation are critical.

I assume this post is to expose racial disparities in test scores? The real issue may be cultural impact on child brain development. Head Start and similar programs attempt to address this problem, but they are too little and too late. The first three years of nurturing and intellectual stimulation are critical.

But it doesn't expose racial disparities. Though the states are different, there are just as many states that show lower 'white' scores as there are states that show lower 'black' scores, in both math and language. The biggest disparity I saw was that the Northern states tend to be stronger and that girls do better in language than science.

Forum List

Back