Very warm, no modern day trees, no ice, high seas

So what you are saying is that you expect God to do some magic for ya like a show pony. You have a hard eye. Seems kinda backwards to me, but you do you.
I thought God knows the future so this must be the story he wanted to write.

You'll have to ask Him when you meet Him. I think you should demand answers from Him when you do. Give Him what fer. Explain to Him all the things He should have done.

You know.... you might not find it odd and Freudian that you turned this conversation into a conversation about God, but I certainly do.

Seems to me like you are obsessing just a little bit. It's almost like you can't control it.

I guess we won't be finding out how Alan's caring manifested itself into action anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Species will survive, individuals will die. Some of us care about individuals, some don't.

Species will survive, individuals will die. Some of us care about individuals, some don't.

Well duh. That is the nature of life. However, if you weren't such an illiterate clod, you would know that all through mans history, when it has been warm, life for almost all things has been better. The most significant cultural advancements in mans long crawl towards civilization has been when it was warm. The Roman Warming period witnessed the advance of Roman culture which has influenced man to the present day. The Medieval Warming Period gave us the Renaissance. In between those wonderful warm periods were such wonderful cold periods as the 6th Century Climate Catastrophe, and of course, the Dark Ages.

Read some history. Educate yourself. Stop just spewing the crap your masters shove down your maw.

Well duh. That is the nature of life. However, if you weren't such an illiterate clod, you would know that all through mans history, when it has been warm, life for almost all things has been better. The most significant cultural advancements in mans long crawl towards civilization has been when it was warm. The Roman Warming period witnessed the advance of Roman culture which has influenced man to the present day. The Medieval Warming Period gave us the Renaissance. In between those wonderful warm periods were such wonderful cold periods as the 6th Century Climate Catastrophe, and of course, the Dark Ages.

Read some history. Educate yourself. Stop just spewing the crap your masters shove down your maw.
It's curious then that it was not the Tropics that gave rise to our most advanced civilizations but more temperate climes.

Science already determined the co2 levels, oxygen levels, temperature etc.. before the asteroid impact, but today's climate scientists and alarmists, have concluded pending death as levels rise, which are 5 to 6 times lower than 66 million years ago.

So my question is, why the discrepancy?

Lol....and nobody gives a shit about the 3mm :coffee:

It's curious then that it was not the Tropics that gave rise to our most advanced civilizations but more temperate climes.

For evolution to occur there must be a reason. The tropics are nice, so there is no pressure for anything to evolve.

Once again, you need to read some history.

For evolution to occur there must be a reason. The tropics are nice, so there is no pressure for anything to evolve.

Once again, you need to read some history.
Regarding evolution views on USMB (cultural or biological) that has to be one of the most ridiculous I have ever read. You need to read some science.

Regarding evolution views on USMB (cultural or biological) that has to be one of the most ridiculous I have ever read. You need to read some science.

Evolution happens in the temperate zones. The poles are static. The tropics are static.

The temperate zones swing between warm climates and cold climates over thousands of years.

It is those swings that drive evolution. I'm a PhD geologist.

Been engaged in scientific research most of my life.

Evolution happens in the temperate zones. The poles are static. The tropics are static.

The temperate zones swing between warm climates and cold climates over thousands of years.

It is those swings that drive evolution. I'm a PhD geologist.

Been engaged in scientific research most of my life.
Sorry but I'm never impressed by internet claims unless they are supported by something like the name of the company or university where you do this research.

That aside, how do you explain the fantastic diversity of species in the tropics compared to temperate regions?

Sorry but I'm never impressed by internet claims unless they are supported by something like the name of the company or university where you do this research.

That aside, how do you explain the fantastic diversity of species in the tropics compared to temperate regions?

Time. Time accounts for pretty much every aspect of life. Evolution is about being the best critter for the ecosystem possible.

Time. Time accounts for pretty much every aspect of life. Evolution is about being the best critter for the ecosystem possible.
Lemurs were the best critters around for quite awhile yet new world monkeys evolved. New world monkeys were the best critters around yet old world monkeys evolved from them. Then old world monkeys gave rise to apes. Seems like lots of evolution was going on in those tropics.

Lemurs were the best critters around for quite awhile yet new world monkeys evolved. New world monkeys were the best critters around yet old world monkeys evolved from them. Then old world monkeys gave rise to apes. Seems like lots of evolution was going on in those tropics.

Over millions of years.

Like I said.

Time

You should read up on punctuated equilibrium.

That doesn't apply to the temperate regions too? They've been around an equal amount of time.

Evolution happens faster in temperate zones and species go extinct in the temperate zones.

Forum List

Back