Video demonstrates why we need high capacity mags for guns

I think the video demonstates a good real life scenerio.

The defender is panicked. He shoots.

A lot of shots are misses, and it often takes multiple shots to stop an intruder.

The big problem is what happens when he runs out of ammo?

Then his family and himself are dead.

that gun is 43 times more likely to kill a member of his family than a bad guy just by virtue of being in the house.

A lot of shots are misses, and it often takes multiple shots to stop an intruder.

Has this scenario ever happened in this country in real life?

I mean I am sure you can provide several hundred examples..right?

Where heavily armed robbers got into a pitched battle with home owners.

At least 100..right?

Links..

So your saying nobody has ever died because they ran out of ammo? Ever?
God you're stupid.

No.

I'm saying the scenario is complete bullshit.

You can prove me wrong pretty easily.

In almost all cases where a home or business owner successfully fended off criminals, few, if any, rounds were exchanged.

Some nutters have not gotten the message, QW.........

The REAL argument lies with needing guns to combat the tyrannical Obama government. Home defense is not the soup of the day, kids. Get with the program.

The REAL argument lies with needing guns to combat the tyrannical Obama government.

You're advocating and encouraging an armed uprising against an elected American president?

Wow, and there was I thinking treason was illegal in America.

Really stupid video. Not only are such occurences very rare, but the skill displayed was such that the homeowner was a hazard to his family with that gun.

No.

This demonstrates one thing.

BUY A FUCKING SHOTGUN IDIOT.

The REAL argument lies with needing guns to combat the tyrannical Obama government.

You're advocating and encouraging an armed uprising against an elected American president?

Wow, and there was I thinking treason was illegal in America.

Hmmmmm. You need to borrow my sarcasm meter?

I blame hard work, poverty, North Korea, the police, Israel, Muslims, Jews, Christians, Alice Cooper, the forum mods, Obama, the KKK, the communist party of Indonesia, beer, drugs, Liverpool football fans, gay men, abortion clinics and George Bush for missing that. :redface:

Guns don't cause missing jokes, people do.

Last edited by a moderator:
The solution to answering the door is a hand grenade. When the doorbell rings, walk to the door while pulling the pin on the grenade. When you open the door, hand the assailant the grenade and shut the door quickly-problem solved. I forgot about the door-damage though, well back to the drawing board, or maybe I'll wait till the NRA brings out a new handbook. Surely the NRA has this covered in their chapter on answering door-bells or door-knocks when an assailant calls.

About the only thing this video demonstrates is that you aren't likely to hit your target when you shoot with your eyes closed.

So your an expert marksman? And from the sound of it you're experienced in gun battles.
So just how many life and death gun battles have you been in?
Must be a shitload based on your vast knowledge.

Lets hear about em Wyatt Earp...

I'm your Huckleberry, Ringo.

The video shows exactly why that man should not have a gun.
He left a loaded weapon where kids may well have found it, had no real clue as to how to use it, closed his eyes as he was shooting, popped a couple of extra rounds into a man he'd already totally failed to kill at very close range with four rounds.
At that range, against a sitting duck, two centre mass and one in the head when he went down would easily have been enough with the only following trouble being the cost of cleaning the carpet.
He then went on to miss centre mass on another close range target and ran out of ammo because he's failed to count his rounds and prepare a second clip.
The second shot man was able to stand up straight and fire back ever after being shot.
Even with one shot in the criminal, the coward of a house owner went on to freeze like a rabbit in a car's headlights.
I'm amazed he didn't shoot his own family.
Highly unlikely scene.

Hey dumbfuck! Did you not notice he took the gun out of a biometric gun safe?
You libs are fucking retarded.

Has this scenario ever happened in this country in real life?

I mean I am sure you can provide several hundred examples..right?

Where heavily armed robbers got into a pitched battle with home owners.

At least 100..right?

Links..

So your saying nobody has ever died because they ran out of ammo? Ever?
God you're stupid.

No.

I'm saying the scenario is complete bullshit.

You can prove me wrong pretty easily.

In almost all cases where a home or business owner successfully fended off criminals, few, if any, rounds were exchanged.

Almost?

No.

You're one of those dumbfucks who thinks you can point a shotgun in the general direction of the target and hit it aren't you?
Let me clue you in. At the distance he was shooting the spread would have been very small. On top of that he would have ran out of ammo even faster.
I love how you're OK with killing the intruder,but you want to give him an advantage.

About the only thing this video demonstrates is that you aren't likely to hit your target when you shoot with your eyes closed.

So your an expert marksman? And from the sound of it you're experienced in gun battles.

I wish.

I wish.

OK, you're the right wing gun expert. Tell us what technique the homeowner was employing. Did he close his eyes because he was using "the force"? Zen? Biofeedback?

I wish.

OK, you're the right wing gun expert. Tell us what technique the homeowner was employing. Did he close his eyes because he was using "the force"? Zen? Biofeedback?

Looks to me like he blinked every time he pulled the trigger.
Which happens more then you would think. Next time you go to the range just watch.
Thats assuming you go to the range.

And again. Even trained shooters miss frequently under pressure. And thats a fact.
The cops in NY who shot all those civilians during a gunfight is a perfect example.
Had they hit their target every time it wouldnt of happened now would it.

And the women in Alabama who shot the guy five times only to have him get in his car and drive away.
Adrenaline does weird things. To the shooter and the person being shot.

The only thing he did wrong in my opinion was to use a 9mm. If you're a pro you might get away with it. But I prefer nothing less then a .357

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...vsJI7LqAHvp4FQ&sqi=2&ved=0CFwQ9QEwDQ&dur=3638

Last edited:

Looks to me like he blinked every time he pulled the trigger.
Which happens more then you would think. Next time you go to the range just watch.
Thats assuming you go to the range.

And again. Even trained shooters miss frequently under pressure. And thats a fact.
The cops in NY who shot all those civilians during a gunfight is a perfect example.
Had they hit their target every time it wouldnt of happened now would it.

And the women in Alabama who shot the guy five times only to have him get in his car and drive away.
Adrenaline does weird things. To the shooter and the person being shot.

The only thing he did wrong in my opinion was to use a 9mm. If you're a pro you might get away with it. But I prefer nothing less then a .357

Google Image Result for http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/3793114832/9445243/ce8f5a8a6f4b91eb0e1cce013934008a.jpg

Thank you for this well reasoned response.

When I watched the video, it appeared to me that the homeowner was pointing his pistol in the general direction of the thug, then closed his eyes, and fired without aiming.

Agree with you in regards to even trained marksmen missing shots under pressure.

I think this guy needs some instruction and range time to become more proficient with his weapon. I was thinking it was a .45, hence the limited ammo in the magazine. If he had a .357 revolver, he would have only had 6 shots and a greater need for accuracy.

No one ever died because they didn't run out of ammo.

Thre is no sound argument for the banning of hi-cap magazines; all such argument are based on emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

No.
Funny how you substitute large fonts and foul language for sound reasoning and reasonable discourse.

Further proof that the anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Forum List

Back