Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

Arming yourself and chasing someone down, and then getting out of your pickup and confronting the person with a shotgun is "aggression" by any measure...
BULLSHIT

Are you telling me every cop is committing assault anytime they approach anyone with a gun? Go fuck yourself with that shit
He wasn't talking about cops. You are losing this debate terribly by distracting to something that wasn't said, to something you invented.

We see Avery rounding the front of the vehicle when the first shot goes off,
WRONG. The first shot was long after that. Watch it again.

Nope! Right when he rounded the corner. It was a physical impossibility for Avery to already be where the shooter was. That is why Avery instinctively knew he only had one choice. I*'ve watched the video many times and freezed it.

Arming yourself and chasing someone down, and then getting out of your pickup and confronting the person with a shotgun is "aggression" by any measure...
BULLSHIT

Are you telling me every cop is committing assault anytime they approach anyone with a gun? Go fuck yourself with that shit
He wasn't talking about cops. You are losing this debate terribly by distracting to something that wasn't said, to something you invented.
Cops carry guns. You’re telling me that anybody with a gun is being aggressive. So that means cops to write?

Like you can’t have it both ways. Having a gun is not aggression and less someone is using that gun aggressively. The video shows none of that prior to the dead black dude’s assault on McMichael.

All I’m saying is the video does not provide any evidence of anybody being an aggressor but the dead guy.

Why did Travis McMichael get out of the truck holding a shotgun. That's an aggressive posture by any stretch of the imagination.

But I'd like you to explain why he got out of the truck with a shotgun...

Show me anywhere in that video where you see anybody but the dead guy being the initial aggressor. And I don’t wanna hear any shit about them stopping their truck. That is not aggression. I don’t wanna hear any shit about them having guns. That is not aggression either.

You don't wanna' hear it? Too fuckin' bad. They chased him. That's aggressive. Travis McMichael got out of the truck brandishing a shotgun. That's aggressive.

The only reason you don't want to hear those FACTS is that they completely unravel any claim that they just wanted to talk or that they didn't instigate the entire incident.

I honestly don't care what you don't want to hear. You don't get to choose...

We see Avery rounding the front of the vehicle when the first shot goes off,
WRONG. The first shot was long after that. Watch it again.

Nope! Right when he rounded the corner. It was a physical impossibility for Avery to already be where the shooter was. That is why Avery instinctively knew he only had one choice. I*'ve watched the video many times and freezed it.
You can see his fucking foot right in front of the driver side tire. Don’t give me that shit. I watch the video many times.

BULLSHIT

They weren't cops.
So only cops can carry guns?

No, that will not fly.

Only cops can carry loaded guns in vehicles legally. Only cops can shoot guns on a public road. Only cops can point a loaded gun at an unarmed civilian on a public road.

Cops carry guns. You’re telling me that anybody with a gun is being aggressive.

Carrying a gun does not make one aggressive. Arming yourself, chasing someone down and then getting out of your pickuptruck while brandishing that weapon does make you aggressive.

So that means cops to write?

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

Like you can’t have it both ways. Having a gun is not aggression and less someone is using that gun aggressively. The video shows none of that prior to the dead black dude’s assault on McMichael.
[/QUOTE]

When McMichael got out of the truck with his shotgun, he assumed an aggressive posture...

Why did Travis McMichael get out of the truck holding a shotgun.
Irrelevant
You don't wanna' hear it? Too fuckin' bad. They chased him. That's aggressive.
That is not aggression. It certainly doesn’t justify the dead black dude committing assault.

Why can’t anybody hear about this black dude was a stupid motherfucker for trying to take a shot gun away from somebody? Why can’t anybody hear me at this was Darwin in effect. The stupidest thing a person can do is try to disarm somebody with a gun when there’s another guy there with a gun too.

Everything about this whole situation screams that this black dude was guilty. He was mad because these little crackers caught him. He ran after him and try to take the gun away because he was mad.

I
would surmise that McMichael pointed the gun at Arbery while they were both in front of the truck.
You are guessing. You don’t see anything in the video.

This tells me that you had already made up your mind before you even watch the video.

That’s what I thought.

You really can not see what happens in front of the truck. The only facts you know for certain are what is actually seen in the video:

As the vehicle turns a bend in a road, a black man wearing a white shirt — what Arbery was described as wearing in 911 calls — can be seen running. A white pickup truck, ostensibly the McMichaels’, blocks his path; a white man is in the street next to the driver’s side of the truck, and another stands in the flatbed. The video is blocked by the dashboard for a moment, and some unintelligible yelling can be heard. The video then shows the black man trying to run around the truck.
It’s not possible to see what happens next, but there’s a gunshot; the black man and the white man who was standing in the road reappear in the frame, engaged in a struggle, and move off the road, again leaving the video’s frame. As the man in the flatbed brings up his firearm, there’s another gunshot. The video Merritt posted ends with the struggle — seemingly over possession of a firearm — continuing. A longer version available online features a third gunshot, and the black man falling to the pavement, his shirt seemingly red with blood.

There were multiple points where those armed men could have avoided a confrontation and killing, including staying in the car and just following him. They chose NOT to.

Why did Travis McMichael get out of the truck holding a shotgun.
Irrelevant
You don't wanna' hear it? Too fuckin' bad. They chased him. That's aggressive.
That is not aggression. It certainly doesn’t justify the dead black dude committing assault.

Why can’t anybody hear about this black dude was a stupid motherfucker for trying to take a shot gun away from somebody? Why can’t anybody hear me at this was Darwin in effect. The stupidest thing a person can do is try to disarm somebody with a gun when there’s another guy there with a gun too.

Everything about this whole situation screams that this black dude was guilty. He was mad because these little crackers caught him. He ran after him and try to take the gun away because he was mad.

Gregory McMichael has stated that they just wanted to talk to Arbery.

If that's the case, why did they arm themselves before they chased him down?

All I’m saying is the video does not provide any evidence of anybody being an aggressor but the dead guy.

Why did Travis McMichael get out of the truck holding a shotgun. That's an aggressive posture by any stretch of the imagination.

But I'd like you to explain why he got out of the truck with a shotgun...

Show me anywhere in that video where you see anybody but the dead guy being the initial aggressor. And I don’t wanna hear any shit about them stopping their truck. That is not aggression. I don’t wanna hear any shit about them having guns. That is not aggression either.

You don't wanna' hear it? Too fuckin' bad. They chased him. That's aggressive. Travis McMichael got out of the truck brandishing a shotgun. That's aggressive.

The only reason you don't want to hear those FACTS is that they completely unravel any claim that they just wanted to talk or that they didn't instigate the entire incident.

I honestly don't care what you don't want to hear. You don't get to choose...

You don't "just want to talk" when you're holding a fire arm.

Perhaps the person should have tried not stealing. Sometimes armed people might show up to defend the property, and then if you threaten them... well.

But that's not what happened.

Travis McMichaels didn't see that video. He didn't see Arbery going into the house that was under construction. All he knows is that Daddy told him to get a gun, get the truck and chase him down. He got out of his pickup, armed with a shotgun, and confronted Arbery, killing him.

Those are facts which cannot be refuted.

There are times when deadly force is legal to use. It was not in this case. They can't claim self defense because they initiated the entire thing...

What makes this case so special anyway? People are gunned down in Chicago all the time, you know certain people are 13 percent of the population but commit 50 percent of the crime? Oh... the perpetrators were white... so fuck those guys who claim race does not matter.

Just so you're aware, I'm a white conservative in my late 50's, and I carry a gun every single day, so I don't base my opinions on race...

And there is nothing that connects Arbery to the house under construction, either. As far as I know, there is no evidence that anything was stolen from the construction site by anyone. The owner of the house claims to have some film from a motion-activated camera on the property of a person moving around the property, which he refuses to release. There is no link here to Arbery. And what is the link between the McMichaels and the owner that they would know about this?
There is clear footage of Arbery in the construction site just prior to the shooting (he was just looking around). The police have had the footage since Day One. The family has confirmed that it was Arbery. Just so you know. I posted up both videos in one of these threads.... surprised you haven't seen the vid yet somewhere.

Forum List

Back