Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

I
would surmise that McMichael pointed the gun at Arbery while they were both in front of the truck.
You are guessing. You don’t see anything in the video.

This tells me that you had already made up your mind before you even watch the video.

That’s what I thought.

You really can not see what happens in front of the truck. The only facts you know for certain are what is actually seen in the video:

As the vehicle turns a bend in a road, a black man wearing a white shirt — what Arbery was described as wearing in 911 calls — can be seen running. A white pickup truck, ostensibly the McMichaels’, blocks his path; a white man is in the street next to the driver’s side of the truck, and another stands in the flatbed. The video is blocked by the dashboard for a moment, and some unintelligible yelling can be heard. The video then shows the black man trying to run around the truck.
It’s not possible to see what happens next, but there’s a gunshot; the black man and the white man who was standing in the road reappear in the frame, engaged in a struggle, and move off the road, again leaving the video’s frame. As the man in the flatbed brings up his firearm, there’s another gunshot. The video Merritt posted ends with the struggle — seemingly over possession of a firearm — continuing. A longer version available online features a third gunshot, and the black man falling to the pavement, his shirt seemingly red with blood.

There were multiple points where those armed men could have avoided a confrontation and killing, including staying in the car and just following him. They chose NOT to.
I agree. For some reason, the people who’ve already made up their minds want to say for certain what happened.

This obviously infuriates the hell out of me. Especially when I’m trying to be reasonable about it.

Thank you for the voice of reason.

These two dudes were idiots for running this guy down. They should’ve just followed him and reported his whereabouts to police. They certainly didn’t need to do so carrying shotguns. I can understand a handgun for personal protection, but a damn shotgun?

How can you be reasonable, when you cannot address or counter my arguments?
AA WAS an attempted school shooter

The “unarmed jogger” Ahmaud Arbery was once arrested for attempting to bring a loaded gun into a high school. When the school police officer noticed the gun in his waist band, the man fled from police.

Luckily he was stoppped

I
would surmise that McMichael pointed the gun at Arbery while they were both in front of the truck.

This tells me that you had already made up your mind before you even watch the video.

That’s what I thought.

No guess work at all. Pay attention to Avery and the way he was moving fast, then darted quickly to be on the right side of the vehicle. He saw two things. He saw his brother standing in the bed of the truck with a handgun, as we all did, darted to the right to avoid the driver with the loaded shotgun on the ground, and in those two to three seconds, knew his only chance was to get quickly around the front to try and get the gun from the shooter on the ground. There were three things in that video that give it all away. He could see both shooters with guns, his forward momentum was going to take him to the front of the truck, and third, and most important, each time I watch the video, I pretend I am Avery running at that speed, and I would have done exactly what he did, because there was no other option.
What do you mean no other option?

Run off the road into the woods.

Stop and ask them what the hell they want.

Turn around and run the other way.

Don’t give me this “there was no other option” bullshit. You are telling me that you would charge at a dude holding a gun when you had the option to run the other way, or run into the woods, or ask what they want?

Oh my fucking God, I am so goddamn sick of this bullshit.

Explain to me why this dude cannot run the other way.

Explain to me why this dude cannot run off into the woods.

Explain to me why this dude cannot say “what the fuck do you want why are you holding guns?”

Bootney. Let me tell you this. You stop a car and or truck in the middle of street in Boston, I pull you out of the car and beat the living daylights out of you. Only in the deep South is that considered "normal".
I don’t follow what you’re trying to tell me.

There is nothing normal about one person deciding to beat the shit out of somebody else.

We certainly do not put up with that in Texas.

There is nothing normal about stopping a car in the middle of the road in Texas or anywhere else in the US. Those two inbred hicks are retards.

I

That’s what I thought.

You really can not see what happens in front of the truck. The only facts you know for certain are what is actually seen in the video:

As the vehicle turns a bend in a road, a black man wearing a white shirt — what Arbery was described as wearing in 911 calls — can be seen running. A white pickup truck, ostensibly the McMichaels’, blocks his path; a white man is in the street next to the driver’s side of the truck, and another stands in the flatbed. The video is blocked by the dashboard for a moment, and some unintelligible yelling can be heard. The video then shows the black man trying to run around the truck.
It’s not possible to see what happens next, but there’s a gunshot; the black man and the white man who was standing in the road reappear in the frame, engaged in a struggle, and move off the road, again leaving the video’s frame. As the man in the flatbed brings up his firearm, there’s another gunshot. The video Merritt posted ends with the struggle — seemingly over possession of a firearm — continuing. A longer version available online features a third gunshot, and the black man falling to the pavement, his shirt seemingly red with blood.

There were multiple points where those armed men could have avoided a confrontation and killing, including staying in the car and just following him. They chose NOT to.
I agree. For some reason, the people who’ve already made up their minds want to say for certain what happened.

This obviously infuriates the hell out of me. Especially when I’m trying to be reasonable about it.

These two dudes were idiots for running this guy down. They should’ve just followed him and reported his whereabouts to police. They certainly didn’t need to do so carrying shotguns. I can understand a handgun for personal protection, but a damn shotgun?

The “unarmed jogger” Ahmaud Arbery was once arrested for attempting to bring a loaded gun into a high school. When the school police officer noticed the gun in his waist band, the man fled from police.

Luckily he was stoppped
I read that already. It was 2013 I believe. It was at a basketball game. What's that got to do with anything?

I

That’s what I thought.

Luckily he was stoppped
I read that already. It was 2013 I believe. It was at a basketball game. What's that got to do with anything?
He attempted to shoot up a school but luckily he was stopped by a police officer who many believe was the father.. The father knew who he was so he knew he could be armed

I have seen it all.

So many of you motherfuckers on here telling me that when somebody is (allegedly) pointing a gun at you, your first instinct is not to freeze and try to reconcile the situation. No, your first instinct is to charge the guy holding the gun.
:laughing0301:

This is very telling. There are some stupid motherfuckers up in here.

Or, full of shit.

Can’t make up facts.

Well, here's a fact for you, zipperhead:

Two months after Arbery was murdered, the local authorities had still done nothing. Not a fucking thing. That's really not surprising, as the elder McMichael has a history with local authorities.

GBI, however, had the case for two days and arrested both men and charged them with murder and aggravated assault (this second charge increases the severity of the first).The U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Georgia says he sees a strong case for felony murder charges. Now, the U.S. Attorney isn't some fellow redneck from some little podunk redneck town in south Georgia. He's a guy who couldn't give a flying fuck about the former occupational duties of Gregory McMichael.

Also, because there were two people who acted together, GBI could also considering a charge of conspiracy. If found guilty of even just a single murder charge, they could get the death penalty.

So, yeah, chew on that fact...

I

That’s what I thought.

Luckily he was stoppped
He attempted to shoot up a school but luckily he was stopped by a police officer who many believe was the father.. The father knew who he was so he knew he could be armed

Uh no. He didn’t. He carried a gun onto school property. Not legal but not what you claim.

I

That’s what I thought.

Luckily he was stoppped

There's no evidence, at all, that he "tried to shoot up a school".

Please try not to be stupid. It'll make everything more enjoyable for the smart folk...

I

That’s what I thought.

Luckily he was stoppped

Uh no. He didn’t. He carried a gun onto school property. Not legal but not what you claim.
How do you know? He was stopped thank god

I

That’s what I thought.

Luckily he was stoppped

Please try not to be stupid. It'll make everything more enjoyable for the smart folk...
You bring a loaded gun to school how do you know that’s not what he wanted to do?

I already have. You won’t listen to them.

But address this again: is it your argument that when someone is allegedly pointing a gun at you, your first instinct is to run at them and try to take the gun away? Not run the other way. Not try to reconcile the situation. Not ask them what they want and why they’re pointing guns at you. No, your first instinct is to run at them and try to take the gun away? Even though that is the quickest way to get dead.

That is all we need to say right here. Either you’re a stupid motherfucker are you full of bullshit. I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say you’re full of shit.

So many of you motherfuckers on here telling me that when somebody is (allegedly) pointing a gun at you, your first instinct is not to freeze and try to reconcile the situation. No, your first instinct is to charge the guy holding the gun.

That wasn't Arbery's first instinct. His instinct was the same that any other person would've had: run away. We know he did that because while McMichael was standing with his shotgun on the driver's side, Arbery ran to the passenger side...

I

That’s what I thought.

Luckily he was stoppped

You bring a loaded gun to school how do you know that’s not what he wanted to do?

I carry a gun every single day, but I don't go anywhere to "shoot up" anything.

You're being stupid. I would say you're being stupid again, but you're actually being stupid still...

I was initially sad that this tragic event happened. Now I don’t give a fuck. I’m gonna laugh my ass off when these dudes walk.

They're going to walk right into a prison cell.

And spare us your faux emotions. You're one of those useless fucks who's just happy a black guy is dead...
You can go fuck yourself.

You lost this debate and you know it. Your sour grapes aren't going to change the reality of their guilt either. You don't give a fuck because you know you are wrong.
I will ask you the same question:

Are you arguing that it is your first instinct, when someone is allegedly pointing a gun at you, Is to rush at him and try to take the gun away? Not run the other way, or try to see what he wants, or try to resolve the situation without anybody getting shot. No, your first instinct is to charge at him and try to wrestle the gun away? Even though that’s the quickest way to get killed?

Yeah who’s lost this debate? Either you’re a stupid motherfucker or you’re lying your fucking ass off. I’ll let you decide.

But address this again: is it your argument that when someone is allegedly pointing a gun at you, your first instinct is to run at them and try to take the gun away?

That's not what Arbery did.

I'll ask you a seventh time (although I suspect you're simply too big a coward to answer): If all Travis and Gregory McMichael wanted to do was talk, why did they arm themselves before they chased Arbery down?

I

That’s what I thought.

Luckily he was stoppped

I carry a gun every single day, but I don't go anywhere to "shoot up" anything.

You're being stupid. I would say you're being stupid again, but you're actually being stupid still...
It’s also stupid to say that this guy was hunted for being a black jogger.

But address this again: is it your argument that when someone is allegedly pointing a gun at you, your first instinct is to run at them and try to take the gun away?

That's not what Arbery did.

I'll ask you a seventh time (although I suspect you're simply too big a coward to answer): If all Travis and Gregory McMichael wanted to do was talk, why did they arm themselves before they chased Arbery down?
Because they were confronting a burglar or they could be dangerous,
As a seen him run by he had something in his pants I could’ve been a gun

That wasn't Arbery's first instinct. His instinct was the same that any other person would've had: run away. We know he did that because While McDaniel was standing with his shotgun on the driver's side, Arbery ran to the passenger side...
:layghing0301:

Well, I guess we’ll just have to agree that he’s a stupid motherfucker because he could run toward the houses or for the tree line or back the other way. But no, he decided his best option was to run at the guy holding a gun. It never occurred to him that that was the quickest way to get killed did it?

:laugh:

Yeah. You know you’re full of shit.

I was initially sad that this tragic event happened. Now I don’t give a fuck. I’m gonna laugh my ass off when these dudes walk.

They're going to walk right into a prison cell.

And spare us your faux emotions. You're one of those useless fucks who's just happy a black guy is dead...
You can go fuck yourself.

That's the response from someone who's completely devoid of intelligence and reasonable arguments to make.

You're happy that the black guy is dead. You've admitted as much. You're a racist little fuck, and nothing more...

Forum List

Back