Violent criminals are just a myth, until they aren't and you need a gun to stop them.

When you discuss gun self defense here on U.S.messageboard, the anti gunners call anyone who carries a gun for self defense cowards, and various other names...."What, you can't go outside without a gun, what kind of wimp, coward, are you." And then you get the " no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of crime so no one should ever be allowed to carry or own a gun for self defense since because no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of any crime, it is obvious that no one ever, anywhere in this country needs a gun for self defense...."

And then something like this happens.....

Video: Armed citizen effectively defends family in Houston

Investigators said it all started when the man’s wife pulled into their driveway Tuesday night. Then the two armed suspects jumped out and tried to rob her.

First, they took her purse, and then they tried to force her into the house. However, that is when her husband showed up.

He heard the commotion from inside, grabbed his gun and ended up exchanging gunfire with the intruders. Fortunately, the couple weren’t hit, but one of the suspects was hit in the head, police said. The other suspect took off running.

“One can only imagine what was going through their mind,” Choi added. I’d guess it was something along the lines of thank goodness we could effectively defend ourselves. The victims should be thankful to live in a state that doesn’t go out of its way to interfere with that right, too.

A good guy with a gun not only stopped a bad guy with a gun, but he almost certainly saved lives, starting with his own. Opponents of the individual right to bear arms usually dismiss these scenarios as improbable, if not entirely theoretical. That’s why it’s well worth highlighting such incidents when they occur, even if they largely speak for themselves.
Total bullshit!! I'll match your HERO fantasy garbage with the #'s of men who kill or try to kill the women and the kids they "love", not to mention the accidental shootings resulting in death or injury of both groups by just having those guns in the house.

Do not blow smoke up our keyboards.

Centers for disease control study found Americans use their guns 2.4 million times a year to stop violent crime.

Department of Justice study found that Americans use their guns 1.5 million times a year to stop violent crime.

Gun murders in 2016 from the FBI final homicide data table... 11,004

Number of people in the U.S. over 320 million.

Number of guns in private hands.... close to 600 million.

Number of people who carry guns for self defense.....over 17 million.

Accidental gun deaths 2016.... 495.

You don't know what you are talking about.

When you discuss gun self defense here on U.S.messageboard, the anti gunners call anyone who carries a gun for self defense cowards, and various other names...."What, you can't go outside without a gun, what kind of wimp, coward, are you." And then you get the " no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of crime so no one should ever be allowed to carry or own a gun for self defense since because no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of any crime, it is obvious that no one ever, anywhere in this country needs a gun for self defense...."

Investigators said it all started when the man’s wife pulled into their driveway Tuesday night. Then the two armed suspects jumped out and tried to rob her.

First, they took her purse, and then they tried to force her into the house. However, that is when her husband showed up.

He heard the commotion from inside, grabbed his gun and ended up exchanging gunfire with the intruders. Fortunately, the couple weren’t hit, but one of the suspects was hit in the head, police said. The other suspect took off running.

“One can only imagine what was going through their mind,” Choi added. I’d guess it was something along the lines of thank goodness we could effectively defend ourselves. The victims should be thankful to live in a state that doesn’t go out of its way to interfere with that right, too.

A good guy with a gun not only stopped a bad guy with a gun, but he almost certainly saved lives, starting with his own. Opponents of the individual right to bear arms usually dismiss these scenarios as improbable, if not entirely theoretical. That’s why it’s well worth highlighting such incidents when they occur, even if they largely speak for themselves.

And with guns, the US is a more violent place.

Great.

As savage third wolders become more aggressive one has to carry. I prefer a revolver with 38's that can handle 357 magnums.

Cop shows that lots of loads are needed as the savages assert their uneducated, low IQ will. The cop told his backup to stand down while he himself addressed the issue. American fucking hero IMO.

Sounds like the thugs running were definitely bad guys, but it's stupid to shoot at a moving car. Did the cop even care about all the innocent people who could have been killed by a high speed car with no driver? The cowboy cop even took both hands off the wheel in a high speed chase. What an idiot.

Did seem pretty reckless, but he was correct that he could keep control of his car.

Right. Letting go of the steering wheel to shoot the driver of another speeding car through the windshield during a high speed chase is a perfectly safe thing to do, and would never endanger innocent people on the road.--------idiot.

When that driver is also shooting at you? Yeah. Better seek your safe space. You’re clearly suffering the ill effects of “toxic masculinity poising”. Eat a few crayons, and pet a puppy; an adult will console you shortly...

Great.

Wrong.....again. Americans use their legal guns 2.4 million times a year to stop violent crimes...that means 2.4 million crimes are stopped by Americans which would not have been stopped if they didn't have guns......

And actual research confirms this... 25 years of actual experience shows you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about..

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

My favorite lines from people who see violent crimes

"That kind of thing never happens here"

Well , Moron it obviously did happen

Or when speaking of a murder victim

" Everyone loved him/her "

Well, Idiot, obviously at least one person didn't

So when you gun banning head in the sand ostriches are the victim of a crime please try to come up with something more original
^^^^^^^^^^Advice from a coward^^^^^^^^^

We shall see won't we?

What will you do if you are the victim of a home invasion?

Oh wait I know you'll piss you pants and watch your family members be brutalized

I'm not opposed to guns, and certainly not against using them to defend your home. Invade my home, one of us is getting shot. Doesn't mean I'm going to hide behind a gun every minute of every day. Coward.
I'm sure said piece of shit home invader will patiently wait for you to go to your gun safe( if you had one) open it and load a weapon before he rapes your daughters
Gee, get a home alarm. You'll have plenty of time.

I've noticed the victims of home invasions typically know the invader in some way. Stay away from criminals.

Here we go again. As long as you are doing it legally. And whether it's legal or not depends on the locality. So stop this nonsense and fact the fact that it may be legal in one place and illegal in others.

Total bullshit!! I'll match your HERO fantasy garbage with the #'s of men who kill or try to kill the women and the kids they "love", not to mention the accidental shootings resulting in death or injury of both groups by just having those guns in the house.

Centers for disease control study found Americans use their guns 2.4 million times a year to stop violent crime.

Department of Justice study found that Americans use their guns 1.5 million times a year to stop violent crime.

You keep spouting off about the alleged CDC report. Yet none of us have ever seen it. The links you give are 404 type links. If that report exists, I want to see it. I don't want to see some right wing crank site saying they got their data from it. I want to see the real deal. If it exists, you may be right. If it doesn't exist your whole argument is based on a lie.

You keep spouting off about the alleged CDC report. Yet none of us have ever seen it. The links you give are 404 type links. If that report exists, I want to see it. I don't want to see some right wing crank site saying they got their data from it. I want to see the real deal. If it exists, you may be right. If it doesn't exist your whole argument is based on a lie.

Kleck pulled the report to go back over the numbers...his initial look placed the number at 2.4 million.... as opposed to the Department of Justice that put the number at 1.5 million times a year.

So when you gun banning head in the sand ostriches are the victim of a crime please try to come up with something more original

We shall see won't we?

Oh wait I know you'll piss you pants and watch your family members be brutalized

I'm not opposed to guns, and certainly not against using them to defend your home. Invade my home, one of us is getting shot. Doesn't mean I'm going to hide behind a gun every minute of every day. Coward.
I'm sure said piece of shit home invader will patiently wait for you to go to your gun safe( if you had one) open it and load a weapon before he rapes your daughters
Gee, get a home alarm. You'll have plenty of time.

I've noticed the victims of home invasions typically know the invader in some way. Stay away from criminals.

You've noticed huh? Got some actual facts to back that up?

And I do have an alarm and two dogs but unlike you I'm not going to run from my home in the middle of the night like a coward

We seem to have more armed robbers than other countries. Why is that? The bloody 2nd and the gun/criminal lobby keeps them well armed. I`d swap 5 million Muslims or illegals for 5 million NRA members any day of the week. They are public enemy #1 and there isn`t a close #2. Okay, bring on the crazy gun spam in multiple colors.

Kleck pulled the report to go back over the numbers...his initial look placed the number at 2.4 million.... as opposed to the Department of Justice that put the number at 1.5 million times a year.

You still haven't produced the CDC supporting evidence. Plus, Kleck used data that had other factors other than just humans involved. It also included Animal Attacks, and did not distinguish between civilian, and police and more. Here is a critique of his figures from another prominent scholar.
Contradictions of Kleck
I think the operative word is "Exaggerated".

You still haven't produced the CDC supporting evidence. Plus, Kleck used data that had other factors other than just humans involved. It also included Animal Attacks, and did not distinguish between civilian, and police and more. Here is a critique of his figures from another prominent scholar.
Contradictions of Kleck

I told you that Kleck is going back over the CDC data....and no, the Kleck study on defensive gun use did not include animals. And no, it did not include police and military....are you really this dumb?

Kleck responded to his critics and showed they have no case.......and the Department of Justice did their own research to prove Kleck wrong and got the 1.5 million number....as did the CDC and their number at this point is 2.4 million, we will see what Kleck comes up at after reviewing their research...

We seem to have more armed robbers than other countries. Why is that? The bloody 2nd and the gun/criminal lobby keeps them well armed. I`d swap 5 million Muslims or illegals for 5 million NRA members any day of the week. They are public enemy #1 and there isn`t a close #2. Okay, bring on the crazy gun spam in multiple colors.

Moron..... law abiding concealed carry permit holders number around 17 million, and according to actual research they are more law abiding than sworn police officers are....you have no idea what you are talking about.

Wrong....Britain is more violent than the U.S....

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

Contradictions of Kleck

I told you that Kleck is going back over the CDC data....and no, the Kleck study on defensive gun use did not include animals. And no, it did not include police and military....are you really this dumb?

Kleck responded to his critics and showed they have no case.......and the Department of Justice did their own research to prove Kleck wrong and got the 1.5 million number....as did the CDC and their number at this point is 2.4 million, we will see what Kleck comes up at after reviewing their research...

I already showed that the Kleck argument is conflated. It's false data derived from real data but fudged towards a conclusion that was already drawn. And where is that CDC report you keep referring to?

We shall see won't we?

Progressives do not get to say what other people do with their firearm ownership

Great.
Lol
Not really you stupid ass motherfucker

Lol
People kill people firearms cannot

We shall see won't we?

Progressives do not get to say what other people do with their firearm ownership

You're right. You hide behind that gun all you think you need to.------coward.

We shall see won't we?

You're right. You hide behind that gun all you think you need to.------coward.
What will YOU do to protect your family when an armed burglar breaks into your home?

Forum List

Back