Virginia...has more guns now....less gun crime, even with the latest shooting.

How is this possible in light of the fact that there are more guns?
Who said it wasn't possible?
You.
More guns = more gun violence.
And I've backed that up, citing state after State with higher than average gun ownership rates.....and higher than average violent crime.
And so, why has the number of gun related murders dropped while the number of guns has increased?
The violent crime rate in many States with high gun ownership rates has remained high in comparison to the national average. And in comparison to many States that have lower gun ownership rates.
In other words,,.,. you cannot explain why, on a national level, more guns does not mean more gun crime.
Thank you.

24 out of the 25 most violent cities are run by democrats and their policies…here in Chicago, the gangs pick their alderman, who vote down police resources, protect gang members who are arrested and put pressure on the police to go easy on gang members. That doesn't include prosecutors and judges who give light sentences for violent gun offenders….Chicago, Baltimor, D.C , Oakland…all have strict gun control and out of control gun murder rates.

You.

And I've backed that up, citing state after State with higher than average gun ownership rates.....and higher than average violent crime.

And states with lower than average gun ownership rates and lower violent crime.

Still need that link to your stats…..

Are you saying that Alaska doesn't have a high gun ownership rate? Or that it doesn't have a high per capita crime rate?

You know why Alaska has a lot of crime….criminals go to Alaska to get away from the police…..

You.

Are you saying that Alaska doesn't have a high gun ownership rate? Or that it doesn't have a high per capita crime rate?

You know why Alaska has a lot of crime….criminals go to Alaska to get away from the police…..

You.
And so, why has the number of gun related murders dropped while the number of guns has increased?
The violent crime rate in many States with high gun ownership rates has remained high in comparison to the national average. And in comparison to many States that have lower gun ownership rates.
In other words,,.,. you cannot explain why, on a national level, more guns does not mean more gun crime.
Thank you.

In other words, my point that many states with the highest gun ownership rates have higher crime rates remains unconstested. Do you realize how many points I've made that you don't even disagree with?

I thought so….just like Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, and other places with high crime rates….Alaska doesn't have enough police….that is why they have more violent crime….

Why Alaska Is So Dangerous

There are at least 75 Native American Alaskan villages that don't have any law enforcement, reports the Washington Post. Isolated by long distances and difficult terrain, those residents must report crimes and wait for Alaska State Troopers to arrive in the village after hours of traveling.

You.

Okay. South Carolina. High gun ownership rate, high crime rate. What now?

You.

Show me the stats…….

I thought so….just like Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, and other places with high crime rates….Alaska doesn't have enough police….that is why they have more violent crime….

Why Alaska Is So Dangerous

There are at least 75 Native American Alaskan villages that don't have any law enforcement, reports the Washington Post. Isolated by long distances and difficult terrain, those residents must report crimes and wait for Alaska State Troopers to arrive in the village after hours of traveling.

And how many is enough police?

Show me the stats…….

So you're saying that South Carolina doesn't have a high gun ownership rate? Or it doesn't have a high crime rate.

Show me the stats…….

So you're saying that South Carolina doesn't have a high gun ownership rate? Or it doesn't have a high crime rate.

Not saying anything till you show me your stats…..gun murder, suicide, and violent crime………

is this where you got it….

States With the Most Gun Violence

Because they conflate violent crime with gun murder….two different things...

You.
Thank you.
In other words, my point that many states with the highest gun ownership rates have higher crime rates remains unconstested. Do you realize how many points I've made that you don't even disagree with?
Apparently, you refuse to understand that the figures on the national level disprove your claim, that "the more guns, the more gun violence."
Unless, of course, you can explain how your claim is sound, even though the national numbers disprove it.

.While my claim remains gloriously accurate and uncontested:
Having a gun in the home doubles the odds of someone in your household committing suicide.
Nothing you have posted supports this.
You DID support the idea that using a gun makes a suicide attempts more likely to succeed, but that's not the same thing.

Parsing your petulant pedantry aside:
Using a gun makes it more likely someone will succeed in committing suicide.
OK. And...?

Thank you.
Apparently, you refuse to understand that the figures on the national level disprove your claim, that "the more guns, the more gun violence."
Unless, of course, you can explain how your claim is sound, even though the national numbers disprove it.

Again, we're discussing states. And many of the States with the highest violence crime rates have the highest gun ownership levels. If more guns mean less crime, why are so many states with higher than average gun ownership rates suffering higher than average violent crime?

Having a gun in the home doubles the odds of someone in your household committing suicide.

Of course it does. You've already admitted to it, recognizing that guns make suicide attempts more lethal. Suicide attempts succeed on average less than 5% of the time. But with a gun, its more than 90%.

That's immediate causation. And yet you keep pretending that the doubling in suicide rate is some grand coincidence. Despite having conceded the very mechanism that causes it.

You DID support the idea that using a gun makes a suicide attempts more likely to succeed, but that's not the same thing.

A successful suicide attempt is not the same thing as committing suicide?

LMAO! Holy shit dude.....its like watching a dog chase its own tail. You've already conceded the entire argument. You're argument has devolved into haplessly arguing that a successful suicide attempt isn't committing suicide.

We're running into your irrationality problem again.[/QUOTE]

]
Of course it does.
Only if presence in the house = use in an attempt.
And,,. it doesn't.
So... Nothing you have posted supports your claim.

Parsing your petulant pedantry aside:
Using a gun makes it more likely someone will succeed in committing suicide.
OK. And...?

Again, we're discussing states.
Ah. Cherry picking your information to prove your claim. Nice.

And by 'cherry picking', you mean discussing the topic of the thread? For crying out loud, a State name is in the title.

Keep running.

On the national level, your claim is disproven; only you can tell us why you refuse to understand this.
By abandoning the topic of the thread, you've conceded that I'm right. That on the State level, more guns don't result in less crime. As many of the States with more gun ownership have higher crime rates.

And once again, you don't even disagree with me.

Wise that. As we both know I'm right.

Again, we're discussing states.
Ah. Cherry picking your information to prove your claim. Nice.
And by 'cherry picking', you mean discussing the topic of the thread? For crying out loud, a State name is in the title.
Keep running.
On the national level, your claim is disproven; only you can tell us why you refuse to understand this.
By abandoning the topic of the thread, you've conceded that I'm right. That on the State level, more guns don't result in less crime. As many of the States with more gun ownership have higher crime rates.
And once again, you don't even disagree with me.
Wise that. As we both know I'm right.
None of this blather can hide the fact that you understand you are wrong.

Forum List

Back