Virginia - This Is Only The Beginning

Do you actually think that the entire population of these "sanctuary counties" supports these gangs? The people forming these gangs are not in any position to interpret the Constitution. I doubt that any of these people could stand up and make a serious constitutional argument.

If I've got a question about the Constitution, should I flag down the nearest patrol car and ask the officer in it? Or perhaps go to a local school and find a teacher?

When the Virginia House and Senate have had republican majorities, were we not expected to obey their laws? If gillespie and his republican thugs had won, would you have expected us to obey them?

I guess you think that those in republican controlled states need not acknowledge and obey anything the legislature says. All of us, of whatever demographic group, will bear that in mind.

Uh yeah they are

It's been standing room only at county venues
it's going to be difficult to ignore the trolls but this is certainly something to watch closely. PUSH meets SHOVE around gun control vs. gun rights. i have to side with the gun owners on this one 100%. the law is way too vague and can make you a criminal if you even own a gun that can accept a large capacity mag, even if you don't own one.

many bolt action rifles will accept a 10 round mag also, how would this fit into their equation?

people who simply do not understand guns are trying to tell gun owners how it is and what laws need to be in place and time and time again all they do is show their ignorance over the very topic they're trying to control.

the person who is the co-sponsor if the high capacity mag ban doesn't even know they're NOT disposable. 3 minute mark she says once used, they're done. people who do not understand guns or how they work have zero business trying to legislate them.

period.

Yeah. Like the legislators, car salesmen, real estate guys, etc., who have zero knowledge of reproductive-health issues, gynecology, and medical procedures, have any business trying to legislate them. Same goes for other issues.

I have a friend who is an expert on nuclear issues (she once interviewed Hans Blix, and she was the first one to tell me that the Fukushima Daiichi was going to blow based on the cesium readings). She told me of one idiot in Congress at some hearing on a nuclear issue who asked that a spent fuel rod be brought in as evidence, which would cause the Capitol and surrounding environs to be evacuated. He wanted a spent fuel rod on the table in front of him.

The comments are the most interesting part. I believe Northam and friends truly do not realize what they will awaken.

Dems deliver how-to lesson in 'quid pro quo' ... on guns - WND
I'm a supporter of gun control AND civil liberty. I think a compromise is very possible, here's what I'd propose:
  1. The sanctuary counties can enact whatever rules they want, inside the borders of that county.
  2. The sanctuary counties will NOT interfere with or undermine other Virginia counties' gun control measures.
In practice the sanctuary counties can have open carry, no registration, bump stocks, etc., within their counties even if they violate state rules. They'd have to comply with state gun sales regulations for non-county citizens. Any county gun owner must comply with all state and local county regulations when they take their firearms out of their sanctuary counties. Any county gun owner who moves from their sanctuary counties to another VA county must bring their firearms into compliance with their new county rule.

In summary, you can do what you want in your county so long as you do what I want in my county.
the problem is i don't see the left *wanting* a compromise. they've demonized guns and their owners for so long they likely feel their way or the highway. writing bills that simply more or less ban semi-automatic guns period isn't going to fly.

but it does fall in line with almost every single gun debate i've been involved in with people who don't understand guns.

AR15S ARE ASSAULT RIFLES!
can you define why
THEY FIRE REALLY FAST
all semi-automatic guns fire as fast as you can pull the trigger
BUT THESE ARE AUTOMATIC
no. you need the feds up your hineyhole to get a license for that and you can't buy those in the store like you can an AR15 or other rifles
BUT THEY LOOK LIKE THE M16
and? a VW can look like a Porsche but it ain't

now let me ask you - what makes the AR different from a .22 rifle, outside the size of the bullet?

when they finally realize they can't name a single trait of the AR15 that isn't shared with many other guns and there simply isn't a good way to differentiate the AR by law other than to just start banning them by name cause you hate them, they *do* to a T resort to simply banning semi-automatic rifles cause they all fire fast.

then their head explode as i play a video of a man shooting a 6 shooter revolver, 12 rounds in like 3 seconds.

so they don't want a compromise. they want them gone as if that will fix our violence issues.
re: "the problem is i don't see the left *wanting* a compromise"

Well I don't see the other side wanting a compromise: Dickey Amendment
Execute First Degree murderers instead of Leftards letting them out after 6 years for starters.

The comments are the most interesting part. I believe Northam and friends truly do not realize what they will awaken.

I'm a supporter of gun control AND civil liberty. I think a compromise is very possible, here's what I'd propose:
  1. The sanctuary counties can enact whatever rules they want, inside the borders of that county.
  2. The sanctuary counties will NOT interfere with or undermine other Virginia counties' gun control measures.
In practice the sanctuary counties can have open carry, no registration, bump stocks, etc., within their counties even if they violate state rules. They'd have to comply with state gun sales regulations for non-county citizens. Any county gun owner must comply with all state and local county regulations when they take their firearms out of their sanctuary counties. Any county gun owner who moves from their sanctuary counties to another VA county must bring their firearms into compliance with their new county rule.

In summary, you can do what you want in your county so long as you do what I want in my county.
the problem is i don't see the left *wanting* a compromise. they've demonized guns and their owners for so long they likely feel their way or the highway. writing bills that simply more or less ban semi-automatic guns period isn't going to fly.

but it does fall in line with almost every single gun debate i've been involved in with people who don't understand guns.

can you define why
THEY FIRE REALLY FAST
BUT THESE ARE AUTOMATIC
no. you need the feds up your hineyhole to get a license for that and you can't buy those in the store like you can an AR15 or other rifles

now let me ask you - what makes the AR different from a .22 rifle, outside the size of the bullet?

when they finally realize they can't name a single trait of the AR15 that isn't shared with many other guns and there simply isn't a good way to differentiate the AR by law other than to just start banning them by name cause you hate them, they *do* to a T resort to simply banning semi-automatic rifles cause they all fire fast.

then their head explode as i play a video of a man shooting a 6 shooter revolver, 12 rounds in like 3 seconds.

so they don't want a compromise. they want them gone as if that will fix our violence issues.
And, what you described is why I think we are dealing with idiots or liars.

emo's. strictly emotional outbursts.

we *all* want the gun violence to end. i can't name any gun owner who says "nah, let it ride! kill more!" and if i heard one say that i would certainly speak up. but these people are to a degree unicorns. rare and seldom found in the wild. part of why so many are turning to violence is the very culture we are creating these days fosters it.

i am glad to see us take a swipe at spending money on understanding the problem but it can't be done with an agenda. that is my fear. "we're paying for this give us the results we want/need" isn't going to stop this.

Do you actually think that the entire population of these "sanctuary counties" supports these gangs? The people forming these gangs are not in any position to interpret the Constitution. I doubt that any of these people could stand up and make a serious constitutional argument.

If I've got a question about the Constitution, should I flag down the nearest patrol car and ask the officer in it? Or perhaps go to a local school and find a teacher?

When the Virginia House and Senate have had republican majorities, were we not expected to obey their laws? If gillespie and his republican thugs had won, would you have expected us to obey them?

I guess you think that those in republican controlled states need not acknowledge and obey anything the legislature says. All of us, of whatever demographic group, will bear that in mind.

Uh yeah they are

It's been standing room only at county venues
it's going to be difficult to ignore the trolls but this is certainly something to watch closely. PUSH meets SHOVE around gun control vs. gun rights. i have to side with the gun owners on this one 100%. the law is way too vague and can make you a criminal if you even own a gun that can accept a large capacity mag, even if you don't own one.

many bolt action rifles will accept a 10 round mag also, how would this fit into their equation?

people who simply do not understand guns are trying to tell gun owners how it is and what laws need to be in place and time and time again all they do is show their ignorance over the very topic they're trying to control.

the person who is the co-sponsor if the high capacity mag ban doesn't even know they're NOT disposable. 3 minute mark she says once used, they're done. people who do not understand guns or how they work have zero business trying to legislate them.

period.

Yeah. Like the legislators, car salesmen, real estate guys, etc., who have zero knowledge of reproductive-health issues, gynecology, and medical procedures, have any business trying to legislate them. Same goes for other issues.

I have a friend who is an expert on nuclear issues (she once interviewed Hans Blix, and she was the first one to tell me that the Fukushima Daiichi was going to blow based on the cesium readings). She told me of one idiot in Congress at some hearing on a nuclear issue who asked that a spent fuel rod be brought in as evidence, which would cause the Capitol and surrounding environs to be evacuated. He wanted a spent fuel rod on the table in front of him.

i got no problem with that. let experts in the field make decisions.

but when you compare it abortions - who are your experts? knowing guns is an educational issue that requires a lot of research.

any assnugget idiot can have sex and get pregnant or get someone pregnant. it's what to do about it that it becomes a society issue. in that light i get your point. this *is* a society issue but knowing the ins and outs of guns takes a lot to learn. fucking is just instinct.

a lot of words salad to say you think nobody understands the Constitution other than lawmakers. who actually do not understand the Constitution

You don't understand what it takes to make a legal argument based on precedent, do you? Try writing a brief, with footnotes. From your comment, I take it that you think that lawmakers in republican-controlled states don't understand the Constitution. I probably would agree with you there. Lawyers, rather than lawmakers, study to understand the Constitution. If I want an answer to a question about the Constitution, I'll turn to an expert, somebody like Laurence Tribe.

Same goes for other issues. For example, if I need an answer to a medical question, I'll go to the organizations of medical professions. If I need an answer to a question about structural engineering, I'll turn to societies of professional engineers.

You seem to want a society that is operated by some beer-drinkers sitting in the back of Charlie's garage somewhere who have no background in anything.
did you not watch the video of the lady who co-sponsored a bill on mag capacity and has zero idea how they work?

you need a big cup of shut the fuck up this morning.

She knows enough about the results, mass murder in an instant, and that these weapons have no peaceful use in U.S. society, or in any society for that matter. This doesn't take a rocket scientist.

And so it starts... where did the first Civil War start? Not far away... looks like we're going to have to have another go at it sooner than later.
'Bout time. We've been needing to purge the commies for decades. This time it needs to be a ruthless blood lust. No mercy!

Looks to me like a lot of Virginia is red...

hppitbw8uody.jpg
The people in blue control all the banks and most of the money

Red areas will wake up with all their financial records erased

Damn Ma! This dang ATM card won’t work
But the people in red control the food and have most of the guns.
and they know how to hunt.
they know how to dress a deer.
they know how to grow food.

i'm going to put my money on that crowd for long term survival over this one.

84% of millennials say they can’t change a light bulb
Can you imagine those coffee shop pajama boys out in the wilderness trying to survive?
:laugh:

Those little pussy boys would be crying for their mamas and become food in short order.

Last edited:
Sure was a great idea to take in so many immigrants that they voted American rights away. Diversity is a strength!

Now the only solution will be a violent one. And if conservatives cave, the democrats will absolutely turn the whole place to a 3rd world shithole with all the rights gone over a night or two. Final chance to locate balls.

a lot of words salad to say you think nobody understands the Constitution other than lawmakers. who actually do not understand the Constitution

You don't understand what it takes to make a legal argument based on precedent, do you? Try writing a brief, with footnotes. From your comment, I take it that you think that lawmakers in republican-controlled states don't understand the Constitution. I probably would agree with you there. Lawyers, rather than lawmakers, study to understand the Constitution. If I want an answer to a question about the Constitution, I'll turn to an expert, somebody like Laurence Tribe.

Same goes for other issues. For example, if I need an answer to a medical question, I'll go to the organizations of medical professions. If I need an answer to a question about structural engineering, I'll turn to societies of professional engineers.

You seem to want a society that is operated by some beer-drinkers sitting in the back of Charlie's garage somewhere who have no background in anything.
did you not watch the video of the lady who co-sponsored a bill on mag capacity and has zero idea how they work?

She knows enough about the results, mass murder in an instant, and that these weapons have no peaceful use in U.S. society, or in any society for that matter. This doesn't take a rocket scientist.
If they have no use, why do our police and military have better, more powerful/deadly versions of them?

Do you not see the problem with a serious imbalance in power? Who is this government representing?

It does not surprise me that you think the way you do. Once a commie always a commie, I suppose.

can you define why
THEY FIRE REALLY FAST
BUT THESE ARE AUTOMATIC

The Dickey amendment did not ban research on guns or gun violence

All it did was to say that funds allocated for gun research could not be used to promote gun control

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

you conservatives should really SHUT THE FUK UP about telling other people to SHUT THE FUK UP.

so.....SHUT THE FUK UP

you conservatives should really SHUT THE FUK UP about telling other people to SHUT THE FUK UP.

so.....SHUT THE FUK UP
I am no conservative.

Now, you shut the fuck up.

can you define why
THEY FIRE REALLY FAST
BUT THESE ARE AUTOMATIC

All it did was to say that funds allocated for gun research could not be used to promote gun control

leftist Commies were really pissed off about that because they wanted to use that funding to promote their agenda, rather than actually find the truth. They are truly all a bunch of lying cocksuckers that need to be executed immediately. I will gladly do it.

. Kill a commie for mommy

'Bout time. We've been needing to purge the commies for decades. This time it needs to be a ruthless blood lust. No mercy!

Looks to me like a lot of Virginia is red...

hppitbw8uody.jpg
The people in blue control all the banks and most of the money

Red areas will wake up with all their financial records erased

Damn Ma! This dang ATM card won’t work
But the people in red control the food and have most of the guns.
and they know how to hunt.
they know how to dress a deer.
they know how to grow food.

i'm going to put my money on that crowd for long term survival over this one.

84% of millennials say they can’t change a light bulb
Can you imagine those coffee shop pajama boys out in the wilderness trying to survive?
:laugh:

Those little pussy boys would be crying for their mamas and become food in short order.

my fat aging ass wouldn't not be having fun but i could figure it out.

Wow, a really good article on what the legislature is doing and what these towns and cities are doing to fight back-
It begins: Virginia forms active militia to protect sheriffs, citizens from unconstitutional laws

"It begins: Virginia forms active militia to protect sheriffs, citizens from unconstitutional laws"

will they ONLY protect conservative christians or will they also protect liberals, gays, atheist, muslims and feminists?
i imagine they will protect anyone wanting protection from the gov trying to take their possessions. all the labels are YOUR doing in how to divide people up and force issues that simply are not there.

but what does that have to do with working on laws that will help and make sense?

they cry out COMMON SENSE LAWS then say shit like this. you can't spin what she said - she was dead wrong. knowing that doesn't take a rocket scientist.

The democrat party. Everytown for gun safety. Mom's Demand Action. The Violence Policy Center......Gifford's group....
Except not one of those groups want to ban all guns from private citizens. They all want to end gun violence and advocate for common sense gun laws. Are you in favor of gun violence and against common sense?
we *all* want to end gun violence but like you're not going to fix drunk driving by banning cars, you won't cure violence by banning guns.

now - why don't you prop up some "common sense" gun laws and show me YOUR version of it? that would at least give us a baseline.
The most promising option is a national permit-to-purchase, or PTP, policy requiring people to obtain a permit, contingent on passing a background check, before buying a firearm. In their recent review of dozens of scientific studies analyzing gun laws, Daniel W. Webster of Johns Hopkins University and Garen J. Wintemute of the University of California at Davis, concluded: “The type of firearm policy most consistently associated with curtailing the diversion of guns to criminals and for which some evidence indicates protective effects against gun violence is PTP for handguns.”

In Missouri, the 2007 repeal of a PTP law was associated with a 14 percent increase in the murder rate and an increase of 16 percent in the firearm-related suicide rate. Studies that examined Connecticut’s 1995 PTP law found that it was associated with a 40 percent reduction in the state’s firearm homicide rate and a 15 percent reduction in firearm suicides. Further, no “substitution effect” was observed in either Missouri or Connecticut, meaning criminals didn’t switch to other weapons when they failed to obtain firearms.

link

can you define why
THEY FIRE REALLY FAST
BUT THESE ARE AUTOMATIC

i think he just likes to say "dickey".

The democrat party. Everytown for gun safety. Mom's Demand Action. The Violence Policy Center......Gifford's group....
Except not one of those groups want to ban all guns from private citizens. They all want to end gun violence and advocate for common sense gun laws. Are you in favor of gun violence and against common sense?
we *all* want to end gun violence but like you're not going to fix drunk driving by banning cars, you won't cure violence by banning guns.

now - why don't you prop up some "common sense" gun laws and show me YOUR version of it? that would at least give us a baseline.
The most promising option is a national permit-to-purchase, or PTP, policy requiring people to obtain a permit, contingent on passing a background check, before buying a firearm. In their recent review of dozens of scientific studies analyzing gun laws, Daniel W. Webster of Johns Hopkins University and Garen J. Wintemute of the University of California at Davis, concluded: “The type of firearm policy most consistently associated with curtailing the diversion of guns to criminals and for which some evidence indicates protective effects against gun violence is PTP for handguns.”

In Missouri, the 2007 repeal of a PTP law was associated with a 14 percent increase in the murder rate and an increase of 16 percent in the firearm-related suicide rate. Studies that examined Connecticut’s 1995 PTP law found that it was associated with a 40 percent reduction in the state’s firearm homicide rate and a 15 percent reduction in firearm suicides. Further, no “substitution effect” was observed in either Missouri or Connecticut, meaning criminals didn’t switch to other weapons when they failed to obtain firearms.

link
Then we should make everyone pay for training and a permit for every right enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

Want cops to obtain a search warrant? GEt a permit for your 4th amendment rights

Want to vote? Take a class and get a permit.

Forum List

Back