Virus Now Spreading Fastest In Small Rural Counties

Unfortunately it's now taking a grip on the rural areas. Places where medical help is the hardest to find. They have the least amount of doctors, hospitals and all that's needed to combat this disease. Which means people will not be able to get the medical help they need. Plus they have very limited equipment and PPE.

This isn't good.

We'll do just fine, the important thing is ensuring every democrat onshore gets infected, Americans will be just fine, democrats? Who gives a shit..... :fu:

When your rural county has 1 Wuhan Coronavirus case and after a few months it goes to 2 cases......

BREAKING NEWS!!
Coronavirus cases double in rural county!!!
tenor.gif

The medical infrastructure is scarce in rural America. Generally clinics instead of hospitals, overburdened doctors, lack of nurses, lack of supplies.

Maybe medical personnel from cities that are trending downward can fill the void

The reason for the shortage of medical help in rural areas is unregulated or improperly regulated capitalism.

It's not profitable to be in rural areas.

It's the same reason why high speed Internet isn't available in the rural areas or what's available isn't very good.

It's the same reason why the rural areas have to use satellites instead of cable.

The reason why rural areas don't have medical staff is that they come out of school with such high burden of debt from student loans they can't afford to go to work in the rural areas. They can't support themselves on the very low wages plus the high payments of the student loan.

Which it all comes back to unregulated or improperly regulated capitalism.

Capitalism will destroy itself if it's not properly regulated.
Colleges used to be a lot more affordable. Then the people running them became self important. And Prog dominated.

Unfortunately it's now taking a grip on the rural areas. Places where medical help is the hardest to find. They have the least amount of doctors, hospitals and all that's needed to combat this disease. Which means people will not be able to get the medical help they need. Plus they have very limited equipment and PPE.

This isn't good.

Oh God No!! Not the Covid in the Kuntree!! Sheeeeeeit Ya'll!!

What a crock of shit.

More testing is more treading water, going nowhere, seeking a rescue. Let’s swim toward the shore of freedom via 25-35% daily death reduction stats this week over last two weeks and a 12-15% reduction in serious/critical over same time frame

Most likely there is a town or city within driving distance they can go to for medical treatment. ... :cool:
About one for every 5-6 counties here.

No where near enough if it really takes off.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago, Amarillo saw their first cases. Now? Cases are continuing to climb (another 116 today in my county alone), and it appears that it's gonna keep climbing for awhile more.

And yeah, there are lots of people in my town who either don't wear a mask, or they don't wear it the right way. Sorry, but if you wear it with your nose poking out of the top, it's not gonna do you any good.

It's that macho mexican bullshit.
I know around Houston you wont see em wearing them unless their job requires it.

The reason for the shortage of medical help in rural areas is unregulated or improperly regulated capitalism.

It's not profitable to be in rural areas.

And how did it become that way?

The reason why rural areas don't have medical staff is that they come out of school with such high burden of debt from student loans they can't afford to go to work in the rural areas. They can't support themselves on the very low wages plus the high payments of the student loan.

And how did the cost of school get so expensive?

Most likely there is a town or city within driving distance they can go to for medical treatment. ... :cool:
About one for every 5-6 counties here.

No where near enough if it really takes off.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago, Amarillo saw their first cases. Now? Cases are continuing to climb (another 116 today in my county alone), and it appears that it's gonna keep climbing for awhile more.

And yeah, there are lots of people in my town who either don't wear a mask, or they don't wear it the right way. Sorry, but if you wear it with your nose poking out of the top, it's not gonna do you any good.
Let's hear your theory of why it will have a reduction/"a wile more"

Depends on what you consider driving distance. And, one of the results of this virus is that hospitals are now losing money and having to furlough their workers because people aren't getting surgeries, as they are scared of catching the virus while in the hospital.

Matter of fact, my next door neighbor works at BSA hospital here in Amarillo, and he's said that it looks like a ghost town in the hospital because there are so few workers.
Two local hospitals furloughed workers outright fired doctors and nurses. Both hospitals were ghost towns. One was contemplating bankruptcy. Last week both went into rebellion and fully opened for deferred testing and surgeries. Neither hospital had a single virus case. Not one in all this time.

Knowing that this virus is going to mutate, at some point we have to stop being afraid of our own shadows and realize we are going to have to live with this horror. We need to take precautions, we need to protect ourselves as much as possible, we need to develop new habits, but we can't stay hiding under the covers forever. The longer we stay locked away, the more of an impact the virus will have. We need antibodies, and the only way we're going to get there is to weaken the viruses effects by taking it on. That's what they've done in Sweden, and a year or so from now I believe we'll see that they had it right.

Knowing that this virus is going to mutate, at some point we have to stop being afraid of our own shadows and realize we are going to have to live with this horror. We need to take precautions, we need to protect ourselves as much as possible, we need to develop new habits, but we can't stay hiding under the covers forever. The longer we stay locked away, the more of an impact the virus will have. We need antibodies, and the only way we're going to get there is to weaken the viruses effects by taking it on. That's what they've done in Sweden, and a year or so from now I believe we'll see that they had it right.
Actually, Sorrento Therapeutics says they have isolated an antibody treatment that kills the virus. that sounds much better than relying on my immune system, thank you very much. I'll wait for that treatment!

When your rural county has 1 Wuhan Coronavirus case and after a few months it goes to 2 cases......

BREAKING NEWS!!
Coronavirus cases double in rural county!!!
Show us one actual, real world example of that. Or shut up already.

Forum List

Back