Virus Now Spreading Fastest In Small Rural Counties

Unfortunately it's now taking a grip on the rural areas. Places where medical help is the hardest to find. They have the least amount of doctors, hospitals and all that's needed to combat this disease. Which means people will not be able to get the medical help they need. Plus they have very limited equipment and PPE.

This isn't good.

Another 200 counties have seen significant growth in infection trends in the last week, making them high-prevalence counties - areas where the virus has infected at least one in a thousand people.
One in a thousand? That means some guy in Bumfuck, IL (population 500) is halfway infected.

Most likely there is a town or city within driving distance they can go to for medical treatment. ... :cool:

Depends on what you consider driving distance. And, one of the results of this virus is that hospitals are now losing money and having to furlough their workers because people aren't getting surgeries, as they are scared of catching the virus while in the hospital.

Matter of fact, my next door neighbor works at BSA hospital here in Amarillo, and he's said that it looks like a ghost town in the hospital because there are so few workers.
Two local hospitals furloughed workers outright fired doctors and nurses. Both hospitals were ghost towns. One was contemplating bankruptcy. Last week both went into rebellion and fully opened for deferred testing and surgeries. Neither hospital had a single virus case. Not one in all this time.
The overreaction turned hundreds of hospitals into MASH units and then nobody came.

Most likely there is a town or city within driving distance they can go to for medical treatment. ... :cool:
About one for every 5-6 counties here.

No where near enough if it really takes off.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago, Amarillo saw their first cases. Now? Cases are continuing to climb (another 116 today in my county alone), and it appears that it's gonna keep climbing for awhile more.

And yeah, there are lots of people in my town who either don't wear a mask, or they don't wear it the right way. Sorry, but if you wear it with your nose poking out of the top, it's not gonna do you any good.
Glad I don't live in one of those test-bed areas.

Unfortunately it's now taking a grip on the rural areas. Places where medical help is the hardest to find. They have the least amount of doctors, hospitals and all that's needed to combat this disease. Which means people will not be able to get the medical help they need. Plus they have very limited equipment and PPE.

This isn't good.

10.jpg

Forum List

Back