🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Vivek Ramaswamy is afraid of young voters

. ..

See, this, like your OP, is a deceptive headline.

He would need to change many laws, the voting rights act, etc.

He does have a point though.

This is the quote; "he’ll call for increasing the automatic voting age to 25, unless a citizen 18 or older is enrolled in the military, works as a first-responder or passes the same civics test given to immigrants seeking American citizenship."

So? That makes your OP, the title of your thread, your source, and the headline on the Hill articles ALL fake news.
That doesn't make the OP deceptive in any way. A very tiny minority of 18-year-olds are in the military and an even smaller percentage are first responders. And why should 18-year-olds be discriminated against by having to take a test that everyone else is exempt from?

And what the fuck does being a first responder have to do with anything at all?

After you gave the details, (with again, the purposely deceptive Hill headlined article,) he gave a substantially logical and nuanced position.

It was not at all unreasonable when it was understood.
It wasn't from The Hill (which is a Right-Wing publication).

How much have you had to drink tonight, anyway?

...as he should be, because they are huge in numbers and they ain't voting for global warming-denying, gun-loving Republicans. Republicans offer nothing to young voters. They won't even eliminate their student debt, while they promote many times that amount in corporate welfare. 2024 is going to be a bloodbath for Republicans.

Young voters also don’t want to have anything to do with a GOP that hates gay and transgender Americans, that discriminates against Americans of color, and that wants to force women to give birth against their will, including 13 year old rape victims.

It wasn't from The Hill (which is a Right-Wing publication).

How much have you had to drink tonight, anyway?
Mea culpa.

Politico.com.

:rolleyes:

What ever, they are all owned by the same institutional investors.

Last edited:
That doesn't make the OP deceptive in any way. A very tiny minority of 18-year-olds are in the military and an even smaller percentage are first responders. And why should 18-year-olds be discriminated against by having to take a test that everyone else is exempt from?

And what the fuck does being a first responder have to do with anything at all?
" or passes the same civics test given to immigrants seeking American citizenship."

You really have a problem with only seeing what you want to. Don't you? :dunno:

I have never really felt, that folks that don't have skin in the game should vote, I'm sort of a radical on that position. If you don't have property, a job, or investments that generate an income, no vote for you.
Voting is based on citizenship, not the fact that you have money to buy property. That's how you get unearned privilege and eventually class warfare.

And as for "investments that generate an income", that's capitalism, which is not in the Constitution and has nothing to do with being an American and should not be used as a yardstick for what makes one an American.

Voting is based on citizenship, not the fact that you have money to buy property. That's how you get unearned privilege and eventually class warfare.

And as for "investments that generate an income", that's capitalism, which is not in the Constitution and has nothing to do with being an American and should not be used as a yardstick for what makes one an American.
Fine, then we need publicly funded elections.

Otherwise, your postings are the disingenuous scribblings of an elitist corporate propagandist, intent on supporting the latest psychopathic shill for office.

The low educated/uneducated propagandized masses, the criminals/young etc., will vote for who the billionaire classes that own the media tell them to vote for.

Your assertions of anything other than that, are lies, and you know it.

Yes, it's all a conspiracy. :eek:
1692496811123.png

" or passes the same civics test given to immigrants seeking American citizenship."

You really have a problem with only seeing what you want to. Don't you? :dunno:
I addressed that in the very post that you quoted! So, how much? A fifth? Are you using a mixer? Slow down, Lost Weekend!!!

Last edited:
...as he should be, because they are huge in numbers and they ain't voting for global warming-denying, gun-loving Republicans. Republicans offer nothing to young voters. They won't even eliminate their student debt, while they promote many times that amount in corporate welfare. 2024 is going to be a bloodbath for Republicans.

Gee another brain dead rant from the looney left. LOL

I've been wanting that for decades. Get all money out of politics. Super stringent lobbying laws. But that does not favor a party that caters to corporations and the wealthy.
Which now is the Democrats party of big tech, global finance a chunk of the legal profession, big media etc.

I addressed that in the very post that you quoted! So, how much? I fifth? Are you using a mixer? Slow down, Lost Weekend!!!
I don't drink, nor do I spend time reading your posts closely.

I have two reading modes. Speed reading. . . where I skim stuff, and close critical reading for important things.

. . . you can probably guess the mode I relegate yours to by now. Corporate propagandists who spread disinfo, and misinformation, don't rank high on my list of cares, TBH.

Now, as I have already proven, both of your sources had dis-info headlines, purposely intending to mislead folks on the nuance of what Vivek was getting at. . . and this whole topic is really starting to bore me.

iu

Why should anyone pay their loans? No one should be complaining. They took the loans.

Forum List

Back