Voted best pizza and why polls are BS

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
The other day as I was driving down the main drag near my house I was struck by three signs all about a mile apart that read "voted best pizza".... Now they used to add the rest of that phrase by identifying the source of the vote....not any more though.

So a passerby has no idea if the vote was taken by hundreds of people in the area or the three member book club that meets on Tuesday nights.

I see polls pretty much the same way. In the past week numerous dueling polls keep contradicting each as to who is leading nationally and its just ridiculous.

It has reached the point where they are no longer relevant frankly.

Jo

The other day as I was driving down the main drag near my house I was struck by three signs all about a mile apart that read "voted best pizza".... Now they used to add the rest of that phrase by identifying the source of the vote....not any more though.

So a passerby has no idea if the vote was taken by hundreds of people in the area or the three member book club that meets on Tuesday nights.

I see polls pretty much the same way. In the past week numerous dueling polls keep contradicting each as to who is leading nationally and its just ridiculous.

Jo
Yup... I was expecting that line... polls don't matter, honest they don't... once Harris starts beating your orange loser at the polls.

Thanks for being consistent.

1721951893936.png

:113:

Yup... I was expecting that line... polls don't matter, honest they don't... once Harris starts beating your orange loser at the polls.

Thanks for being consistent.
Funny....it was the poll that showed Trump leading in the swing states that prompted this post.

Now here is a GOOD PIZZA. A place near me that used to make it called it a Pizza Duo. It had a layer of cheese and toppings INSIDE the pizza!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.choicehotels.com%2Fcms%2Fimages%2Fchoice-hotels%2Fdemand-articles%2Fimg_best-pizza-places-in-chicago_header%2Fimg_best-pizza-places-in-chicago_header.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=a85e1934bf29f154c02166776f1b2236ac55d8c5195f7b1fb58fc74990e8e95a&ipo=images
Damn....I'll vote for that!
But I just have to ask....do they have a sign on the front that says... Voted best pizza .... ?

Jo
There's a place like that around here, and I will never buy anything from them. Because they are liars.

Jo
So, you didn't tell us, who has the best pizza?

So, you didn't tell us, who has the best pizza?
Depends on the type of pizza you like. . . :dunno:

I like Detroit style, I posted a video on that, and yes, according to the WaPo, they not only invented Detroit style, according to Yelp and their article, they are considered among the best.

1721955543974.png

". . . A northern Italian immigrant named Gus Guerra invented Detroit-style pizza at Buddy’s in 1946, because he needed to serve his customers something to soak up their beer. In her book “Detroit Style Pizza: A Doughtown History,” reporter Karen Dybis writes that Guerra was adapting a homestyle recipe from his Sicilian mother-in-law using a baking pan. According to local lore, the pans responsible for the city’s signature crust came straight off the Ford assembly line.

Dybis couldn’t authenticate that legend, but she did confirm that Guerra worked for Ford Motor Co. as a tile setter and that his children remember him buying industrial pans from hardware stores. Blue steel pans intended for use as drip trays and scrap metal collectors have become part of the Detroit-style mystique.

In the decades that followed, the forces that shaped American commerce influenced Detroit-style pizza. In 1978, brothers Eugene and John Jetts started the business in Sterling Heights, Mich., that would become Jet’s. Founded in 1959 in Garden City, Mich., Little Caesars started offering a deep-dish pan pizza in 1988 and formally adopted a Detroit-style in 2012.. . . "

1721955433705.png

We have a Jet's Pizza here in town I eat at occasionally.

iu

It is hit or miss depending on which teenagers they have cooking and delivering. :dunno:

But that is the same with all the franchises, Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's, etc.

Forum List

Back