🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Voter ID terrifies Democrats

Oh, more good stuff from The Moonie Times...

That's the best you can do? LOL! Wow, you lefties really are scared.

You posted an opinion piece... with no additional commentary from yourself.

That's the best you can do?

If I wanted to read the Washington Post, I'd go online and read it.

It's the Republicans who are terrified. The number of cases of voter fraud in this country do not constitute a crisis, as much as Republicans would lead us to believe. The cons of voter ID outweigh the pros, at least, they do today. I'm not really opposed to voter ID but it needs to be a program instilled over time and not just a knee-jerk reaction to over-blown hype. It's estimated that 3 million New Yorkers do not have a DL. You can't expect them all to go out quick and get IDs within a couple of months before the primary. The government agencies wouldn't be able to handle the rush, which leads me to the next point. Isn't it ironic that the Republicans would be pushing for more government regulation? Oh well,..... I guess only when it suits them.

Actually *I* would expect them to go out and get ID's a couple of months before the primary. Why do they not have an ID? If it's money, they could save all their returnables and use the money to pay for an ID. I'm sure that buses go near DMV's. I'm sure they could find a ride with friends, or with social workers or avocates for the elderly. It's not that difficult. Don't people on welfare have ID's to get their foodstamps and other benefits? Don't people in government housing have ID's???

I would say that the only ones who have no ID would be a homeless individual who then could see someone in their local city/town and ask how to get one, what would be acceptable. The numbers of homeless without ID's is not that large that it could not be rectified in cities and towns without too many problems. The majority of those who do not have ID's are just plain lazy. I'd say most of them don't know anything about the issues or candidates anyway. Sorry to sound bitchy but I guess I am on this topic.

And guess how many polls state the amount of social libs?
Around 21 % to 22%. :)

Seems it's a big problem with the social (Libs) only.

Oh, more good stuff from The Moonie Times...

It's the Republicans who are terrified. The number of cases of voter fraud in this country do not constitute a crisis, as much as Republicans would lead us to believe. The cons of voter ID outweigh the pros, at least, they do today. I'm not really opposed to voter ID but it needs to be a program instilled over time and not just a knee-jerk reaction to over-blown hype. It's estimated that 3 million New Yorkers do not have a DL. You can't expect them all to go out quick and get IDs within a couple of months before the primary. The government agencies wouldn't be able to handle the rush, which leads me to the next point. Isn't it ironic that the Republicans would be pushing for more government regulation? Oh well,..... I guess only when it suits them.

No one said voter fraud was a crisis. It's just enough to get someone elected by 3% and has been going on for 30 or 40 years.
You have nine months to get one. And as far as I know you need a state I.D. (not just a driver license) to get many things in N.Y. Which is what they are asking for, in the pending legislation.

I was pleased to see this thread, since I have yet to see a full and compelling reason why simply asking someone to prove who they are before they can vote is such a terrible thing.

In the four (so far) pages, I've seen some amusing insults and creative name-calling, but still no cohesive argument. So evidently, I'm being told that expecting someone to obtain a photo ID between today and November (11 months) is simply asking too much. That people are simply incapable of finding a way to get that done between now and then. That wanting someone to prove they are who they say they are before exercising our most important and fundamental right is simply going too far.

Surely you can do better than this.

I agree with you. I'm betting that the majority of those with no ID find time and money for beer, cigarettes, movies, watching tv for hours, or buying new clothes, or if down on their luck moneywise, getting more welfare from the "government" aka TAXPAYERS.

:eusa_wall:

No one said voter fraud was a crisis. It's just enough to get someone elected by 3% and has been going on for 30 or 40 years.
You have nine months to get one. And as far as I know you need a state I.D. (not just a driver license) to get many things in N.Y. Which is what they are asking for, in the pending legislation.

Don't you just love how liberals seem to be able to make the simplest things turn into unattainable goals????

And they keep ingnoring this fact;
In Georgia, black voter turnout for the midterm election in 2006 was 42.9 percent. After Georgia passed photo ID, black turnout in the 2010 midterm rose to 50.4 percent. Black turnout also rose in Indiana and Mississippi after photo IDs were required.

Total oposite of what al Sharpton says.

Does anyone have any proof of dead people voting?
Dead People Voting Throughout Florida | www.wftv.com
Thousands of dead Floridians are registered to vote and some in Central Florida had ballots cast in their names long after their deaths.

"That is scary," said Jim Branch.

Branch's mother Marjorie died in 2004 but someone voted for her in 2006. Branch had tried to get his mother removed from the voter rolls.

"It was much easier for me calling Social Security and taking her off not getting any more checks here, than it was that (voter registration)," he sid.

County records show James Santiago voted in the 2006 general election. He too, was dead. His wife, Joann, sees this as an open invitation for voter fraud.

quick, Shitting Bull... spin this away! :rofl:

still waiting for your spin, Shitting Bull.

The republicans cheat their asses off in elections and the evidence is undeniable by any honest person.

The right on this site have no concern for any real election manipulations.

They only want to win no matter how dirty their party gets.

You people are the worst kind of of Americans, ones who dont love the coutnry the founders left us.

The republicans cheat their asses off in elections and the evidence is undeniable by any honest person.

You people are the worst kind of of Americans, ones who dont love the coutnry the founders left us.
Let's see some convictions of Republicans for voter fraud.

Your the one that is for Big Government.
Opposite of what our founders left us.

you keep saying 'most likely', but refuse to come out and say flat out 'dead people have never voted, period'.

Either it is, or is not possible. Either it did, or did not happen.

Which is it?

What I have said is that it is unlikely that anyone is voting in place of a dead person. What I have said is that there are hundreds of dead people on ever single voter roll in this country. What I have pointed out is that in my personal experience, dead people aren't voting, but lots of people sign the roster on the wrong line...which applies the voting history to the line they signed, not the one they were supposed to.

You're avoiding my question.

IS IT POSSIBLE that people have voted for dead people, or not?

It's a simple yes or no question, Sea.

Of course it is possible, just unlikely.

What I have said is that it is unlikely that anyone is voting in place of a dead person. What I have said is that there are hundreds of dead people on ever single voter roll in this country. What I have pointed out is that in my personal experience, dead people aren't voting, but lots of people sign the roster on the wrong line...which applies the voting history to the line they signed, not the one they were supposed to.

You're avoiding my question.

IS IT POSSIBLE that people have voted for dead people, or not?

It's a simple yes or no question, Sea.

in your opinion. Thanks for the admission at least :)

As a mindless lemming, what do you suppose the reason for your shameful party registering massive numbers of the dead to vote might be?

(I'll wait while you consult Democratic Underground for your thoughts and opinions on this.)

Idiot. Nobody is REGISTERING dead people.

in your opinion. Thanks for the admission at least :)

Not opinion, experience.

certainly, that too, based on your earlier post. However, your personal experience is not necessarily indicative of everyone elses, or technically anyone elses, experience. It reflects only your personal situation.

BTW, FWIW, while we generally disagree politically, I do not believe I have ever found you to be a 'mindless lemming'. Now posters like Chris, TM, Rdean, they certainly fit that description.

Idiot. Nobody is REGISTERING dead people.

ROFL

Lemming, try a fact once in your life.

{ “Fraudulent applications are the workings of ACORN groups operating from Milwaukee and Chicago who are getting out the vote for Obama. I’m Republican, but I want everyone who should vote to vote. But I want a clean election,” Curley said at a Wednesday news conference.

Lake County elections officials acknowledged they have found problems and had to reject a large portion of the 5,000 registration forms turned in recently by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, an activist group that conducted registration drives across the county this summer.}

ACORN Nailed Registering Dead People in Indiana « Uppity Woman

{In 2008, ACORN registered dead people as well as fictitious voters taken from a phonebook.}

Judge Slaps ACORN With Maximum Fine For Voter Fraud During 2008 Election | Politicons

I know, the leftist hate sites do your thinking: You can't be expected to be aware of your surroundings.

Where was the RWing willingness to investigate the voter fraud that occurred in Florida over the Bush v Gore AND Bush v Kerry races?

The Consortium

The 2004 US Elections: The Mother of all Vote Frauds

You guys had not one but TWO opportunities to show and prove how important this matter was to you. WTF happened?!?!?

Marc, anyone who floats the Diebold bullshit is a fucking moron, worse than Truthers and Birthers. Cynical fucking liars.
I repeat: WHERE was the willingness from the RW to investigate those allegations of voter fraud. Not once, but TWICE. WTF happened!?!?!?!?!

You people are nothing but a bunch of frauds. Hucksters and sheisters if you will.

Forum List

Back